Please someone answer this simple question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
I have a simple question and i wanna know the views of people-"How does a 3d rendering engine compute the infinite processing power required to render two reflective surfaces which are placed in front of each other??"I posted this in chit-chat but i didn't get many replies so I m here as It's related to software.:D.I think companies like nvidia and ati should show their graphical computational power with the help of the demo in which many reflective surfaces reflecting each other are rendered.

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Lucky_star said:
So, you say that the rendering will go on and on like a loop?
Yes maybe.I think so.This idea came from the film matrix after which i went for a hair cut,I realized that one matrix leads to another watching the reflections of the mirrors placed in front of each other.:D

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
But have you noticed that how far can you see? It depends on the size of the mirror. With each reflection, the reflected image's size becomes smaller. And it goes on getting smaller till we can't see it any more.

Same case happens in rendering. The reflections are rendered, but with each reflection, the size of the rendered image in the mirror gets smaller and smaller till it can't be rendered anymore, or there are no more pixels left.
Here the rendering stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom