Please recommend me laptop for 32k

Status
Not open for further replies.

juggler

In the zone
I think choto u should start a sticky thread by the name of "Basic Guide for Laptop Purchase"

Last edited:

Cyclone

Darth Penguin
@ Joey:

IMO the V6608AU is a better buy, not only is it feature-rich and excellent VFM, but also the Acer's plasticky look is a real turn-off. But then, maybe thats just me ;-)

I think choto u should start a sticky thread by the name of "Basic Guide for Laptop Purchase"
there is already a thread for laptops...
anyeay, out of serious conciderations, I came 2 da concluson dat da intel based laptop is your best bet if you are a linux user like me. It is also better at DX10 gaming, and can play crysis at minimum settings.

juggler

In the zone
there is already a thread for laptops...
anyeay, out of serious conciderations, I came 2 da concluson dat da intel based laptop is your best bet if you are a linux user like me. It is also better at DX10 gaming, and can play crysis at minimum settings.

1. there is one about laptop query but no thread mentioning which laptop is the best buy for which budget/ usage etc...

2. So which intel based laptop do u recommend ??

1. there is one about laptop query but no thread mentioning which laptop is the best buy for which budget/ usage etc...

2. So which intel based laptop do u recommend ??
depends on your needs. even then, intel onboard recomended only for those who use non windows stuff.

anyway, choto's Compaq C702Tu is good if you add extra 512 mb ram stick

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi! Can anyone please tell me that which laptop will b better-one with AMD Turion Processor OR one with Intel Dual Core Processor.

I checked out on Acer 5920. It looks quite cool.
Specifications:
Processor
Intel® Centrino® processor technology, featuring:
T5450 (2 MB L2 cache, 1.66 G
Operating System LINUX
Memory 2*1 GB Dual-channel DDR2 SDRAM upgradeable
Storage 160 GB hard disk drive12
5-in-1 card reader, supporting Secure Digital (SD)

DVD Dual Layer Writer
Screen: 15.4'' TFT

What do you guys suggest? Should I go 4 it or not? It retails at 36500 currently...

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
Hi! Can anyone please tell me that which laptop will b better-one with AMD Turion Processor OR one with Intel Dual Core Processor.

Specifications:
Processor
Operating System LINUX

DVD Dual Layer Writer

What do you guys suggest? Should I go 4 it or not? It retails at 36500 currently...
another major feature of it is -> Dolby certified surround sound system with two built-in stereo speakers and one subwoofer supporting low-frequency effects

*www.acer.co.in/products/product_explore_view.asp?pid=89&model=Aspire 5920 &cid=5[/U]

Cyclone

Darth Penguin

Specifications:
Processor
Operating System LINUX

DVD Dual Layer Writer

*www.chotocheeta.com/2008/01/05/wha...-2-duo-read-before-you-buy-a-notebook-laptop/

Budget-constrained -> stick with AMD. An AMD T58 with nVidia 7150 probably should scare a bottom-of-the-list Intel with onboard gfx, and burn your pocket less too...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Acer 5920 is around Rs. 42k (without bargain though) :)
Compaq 6608AU is around Rs. 35200/- incl TAX and 2 GB RAM :)

Compare the feature your self..

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
u sud give the Compaq C739TU a try.i'm using it at present and i must say that its pretty good at multitasking even when running Windows vista Ultimate with Aero enabled.

u can get it for 33k with additional 512MB of ram.
C739TU:
Intel Dual Core T2330 @ 1.6GHz
512MB DDR2 667
160GB
15.4" tft
Intel GMA x3100 with max 320MB of shared ram.

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
I am also looking for a laptop within 32k / 35k (total price)

I was thinking of upgrading my pc but now i dilemma,But I also don't want to end up with a laptop which i will not like.

I will basically so common stuffs , long uptime , net surfing , extensive downloading, little graphics & video editing (not too heavy), programming ide, databases running on background.
&
I would like to play considerably latest game (I know i can not expect much of such limited budget but i want the best option within that range - one with good graphics & 15" display)

I have searched through other posts in this forum for several hours but the thing is, the models which have been suggested even the ones in this thread (HP 6608AU etc) seems to be discontinued by their company! ( so it says in their sites)

Could anyone please suggest the best within that price for current range of products? no specific company preference.....

Last edited:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
I will basically so common stuffs , long uptime , net surfing , extensive downloading, little graphics & video editing (not too heavy), programming ide, databases running on background.
&
I would like to play considerably latest game (I know i can not expect much of such limited budget but i want the best option within that range - one with good graphics & 15" display)

u need a desktop to fill ur needs.a lappy in ur range wont make the cut.

yes HP has discontinued te v6608 but they hav a replacement model (v3702AU).

give this config a try:

C2D E4500 - 4.5k
Abit IP35-E - 4.8k
2*1GB DDR2 667 - 1.9k
250/320GB - 2.8k/3.2k
8600GT 256MB DDR3 -5.5k
Sony DVDRW (SATA) - 1.5k
ATP3 - 2.8k
Zebronics cabby with psu - 2-2.5k
19" Viewsonic/Samsung TFT - 10k

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
No Choto Cheeta..I saw an ad of Acer 5920 in newspaper arnd three days back and it is now retailing at 36500...

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman

yea I know, thats why I was thinking of a desktop at first but I dont really want to spend on a desktop at this point; so please guide me which options I have in laptops.

Preferably within 35k up to 40k if that really helps.

I am not really familiar with range of laptops with new models coming out replacing old recommended ones, please help :)

Well i know i will not be able to play all the games but I want to play the coming fifa releases, GTA 4 & latest nfs at least.
applications mostly common, only ide & databases time to time.

are bhai, but who wants V3702AU when you have V3702TU ?

the later costs 2k more, but has Intel Dual Core T2330 + GMA X3100, instead of AMD TL-58 + nVidia GeForce Go 7150M

but the problem is that, HP has not reduced 5K more from the cost by removing Vista. If it did, these would sell faster than hotcakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom