Broken In
I have a Phenom II X4 955 processor at 3.2
Mother board is gigabyte 790 XTA UD4
PSU is CM extreme power 600
2 x hd 6750 crossfire
RAM 2x 2 gb Hynix
I have 5 fans
Windows 7
The computer is crashing when I am running any game and PC fails prime 95 tests in 1 - 2 mins
I checked my RAMs with Memtest and the RAMs are failing the test by discovering bad sectors
I tried to put on a brand new EVM Strontium 2 gb RAM but Memtest failed that RAM too.
The PC was running fine for a week but then the problem started occuring every time.
The games I played were FIFA 12 (Original), Modern Warfare 3 and Deus X
Please suggest some measures which can be taken so that the PC gets fixed :?
*www.mypicx.com/01292012/TDF(SS)/
The above link is about the memtest

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
test the system with only 1 gfx card installed - check 4 ram slots - make sure your all of your 3 ram modules are working ( test it qanother pc ) - check the Pc using another psu.

OP
S

shitanshu

Broken In
just tried with another slot the strontium RAM is working fine with the fourth slot (for now atleast)
but the memtest fails for that slot too

Last edited:

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
Hi Guys... Shitanshu is a friend. Kindly help.

Problem is that his system is shutting down randomly. Last night it happened while running VLC.
Sometimes everything(games vlc etc...) is running fine on his system for a week then suddenly this problem of random shut downs will start.

Problem is if it wudnt be running games for more than 5-10mins it wud have been the PSU... but shitanshu was able to run games all day long for a week without any problem and then suddenly this problem started again...

Please give your opinion..??! What could it be...??!

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
check ram & ram slots.if those ram which failed memtest passes it in another system then maybe ram slots are the problem.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've seen this type of shutdown issue - after increasing the volts of mem modules this issue fixed - so Op try increasing the ram voltage.

@ OP - what's your current ram Volt ? and you better use some good branded ram modules like corsair, g-skill etc.

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
Topgear - Right on man. I suggested him the same as Prime was failing at stock i cud only pin it to bad quality ram. Dint know bout the voltage thing though... ill ask him to do that and will tell u what happens.

Thanks for the help. :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
CM extreme power 600 with Cross fire of 6750 is what that worries me. Any way you can test with another power supply?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ shitanshu - like I said on a previous post - have you tried running the pc with only 1 gfx card installed - 2x gfx card may be too much for the psu and that's why ram slots are not getting sufficient voltage.

1 .So check the pc with only gfx card.
2. Run the memory at their stock speed of 1333 Mhz - Don't OC - again make sure memory modules are running at 1333 Mhz speed.
3. Install memory modules ( if you are suing 2 ) on blue+blue or white+white slot and test with memtest.
4. Try increasing the memory voltage one notch - for eg. if the mem modules are running at 1.5v - set 1.55/1.6v as mem volt.
5. Check the pc with another PSu as recommended by thetechfreak.
6. get a good branded ram like corsair/G-Skill 1333 Mhz module - remove all old ram modules and check 4 ram slots on mobo by placing the new ram module in every slot 1 by 1 and run memtest and make sure that every slot on the mobo is OK.
7. Post a cpu-z memory and spd tab screenshot.

OP
S

shitanshu

Broken In
Guys just bought a brand nw gskill
fails.with it too
crash occured after abt 30 mins
i still cannot understand what seems to be the issue
please suggest me a website where i can check my system power requirements
checked the cm site it shows about 412 watts and my psu supports 420 on 70 percent efficiency so can it still be a psu????
because i am not aware of any other issue
can it be a problem with the gfx card ????

OP
S

shitanshu

Broken In
Guys problem solved
it was a fan which was vibrating because only two screws were attached and the fan happened to be just above the RAM slots so it used to disturb the RAMs shutting down the system
it was often while playing a game because the fan started only then

Thanks a lot everyone your help is appreciated

Top Bottom