Please Help-Unable to install iTunes for my iPOD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravharalalka

Right off the assembly line
I have a P IV 3 GHz, Intel 865 GBF, 512 MB Ram, 256 MB GeForce FX 5200, 40GB machine running Windows XP with Service Pack 2. File system is NTFS. I have just purchased an iPOD Mini 4GB and when trying to install the iTunes software from the provided CD, I get the following errors and the installation stops.
Two dialogue boxes apppear, one after the other.

OpenSCManagerA ERROR
Error connecting to Service Manager. Error number = 0

Severe
Failed to install GEARAspiWDM service

Please help me as I am unable to use my beloved...

Gaurav

Charley

Just Do It
This problem is caused by the Service Pack 2 update for XP. This remedy solves ur prob. What you have to do is uninstall Service Pack 2, reboot, then install iTunes, and it will work. Then reinstall your Service Pack 2.

OP
G

gauravharalalka

hey thanks dude..... i knew that but that'll be a very tedious procedure... Just got a mail from Apple askin me to try Windows Installer 3.1 (v2) redistributable which i've just downloaded......
have my fingers crossed...
thanks anyways...

rohanbee

Padawan
I downloaded itunes without any problems. The SP2 is installed in my computer and i did not have any problems.
This might be something else.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
LOL mate achacko...Do you know what you are talking about?

First you provided him with a solution and then you say iTunes is not available for the PC?? Huh???

And, yet again you have ripped the solution without quoting the original source. Look what I found on this site:
I found out elsewhere online that this problem is caused by the Service Pack 2 update for XP. This remedy solved it for me. It's a pain in the butt, but what you have to do is uninstall Service Pack 2, reboot, then install iTunes, and it will work. Then reinstall your Service Pack 2.

Original Source: *www.macaddict.com/forums/topic/49420

Charley

Just Do It
Nemesis said:
LOL mate achacko...Do you know what you are talking about?

First you provided him with a solution and then you say iTunes is not available for the PC?? Huh???

And, yet again you have ripped the solution without quoting the original source. Look what I found on this site:
I found out elsewhere online that this problem is caused by the Service Pack 2 update for XP. This remedy solved it for me. It's a pain in the butt, but what you have to do is uninstall Service Pack 2, reboot, then install iTunes, and it will work. Then reinstall your Service Pack 2.

Original Source: *www.macaddict.com/forums/topic/49420

Well , well what have we here .. Prbly u shud do some reading before u ask something ...

*www.dancewithshadows.com/ipod_mini_india.asp

*www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=50273&cat_id=608

Read this and let me know whether its available in India.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
ROFLMAO!!!!

The techtree link is a review of iTunes for Windows...Doesn't that go counter to what you just said??

What's not available in India is the Apple iTunes Music Store and not iTunes itself!! And you don't have to load legally bought music into the iPod. You can load anything from your music collection. And the service is available in quite a few countries outside India and again, you can use iTunes for Windows to use the service if you live in one of these countries.

And your original statement said that iTunes is not available for PCs which implies that Apple released it only for Mac OS, which is not true.

So you were saying, that I should read carefully, eh?

Nimda

l33t n00b!
Nemesis = 100% right. I've been using iTunes on my PC for years now :) still waiting for the iTunes music store to arrive in India.

OP
G

gauravharalalka

AAh...Got me beauty workin!!!
Windows Installer 3.1 (v2) redist worked for me...... Didn't have to uninstall SP2...
thanks guys

rohanbee

Padawan
itunes not available!!!!
am using it............some people just post without checking all their facts............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom