Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

racs

Right off the assembly line
Hi everybody,

My problem is that:

I was working on my Intel Celeron 1.7 Ghz, 256 MB DDR RAM running Windows XP when suddenlya blue screen with something written came up for a second. Then my system restarted and ran the DISK checker and after a long time proceeded to boot up. But when it did boot up, it again restarted after 2 sec albeit minus the blue screen and this keeps repeating.
Somebody please help me!!!!!!!

Is it problem with my RAM,I have two sticks of 128 mb each?

harish_21_10

In the zone
was it a blank blue screen or with some error message?

What was the hardware or the software that u installed just before the screen starting popping??

digen

Youngling
Probably what you experienced first time was a stop error & by default XP automatically restarts when a failure occurs.
To prevent this from happening go to,
My Computer>Properties>Advanced>Settings>Under System Failure>Untick Automatically Restart >Click Ok then Apply.

The next time this occurs note down the stop code along with any information pertaining to a file or something & post back here.

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
Wait! Wait! Wait! I think i know wat it is ?? Mr. racs it must be an .exe file tht u might have executed just before this problem started bcz this is a very very common naughty thing we people also do b/w us to irritate others .. but i think i shd tell ya wat's exactly tht .exe file does .. see whenever u run it ..it makes certain rearrangements in ur registry such tht whenever XP reboots up completely it causes an error instantly & thus XP restarts again & again ..

Sorry! this is unknowingly known as a virus but it is just a program which generate certain system calls ..which shifts the control of ur OS back to kernel mode ... XP judges it as an error & keeps on restarting in an infinite loop ...

I'm so sorry! for being the one to tell ya this sad news but now U can only boot in safe mode .... try it if it happens then make a new account with administrative powers & login through tht account ..i'm not sure abt this successful boot up .... in case it doesn't happen ,...then i'm sorry!! U need to re-install ur XP . i can understand how painful this is .. but it's just an art of fooling ..this time U were the victim ..make sure u'll never be the one again ...

Even i can make this .exe file on myself !! :wink: ...but i can understand ur situation just re-install ur OS tht is XP & next make sure u don't double-click ne such stupid .exe file got it ...

GUD luck !! just stay calm it's a game this time u lost !!

&

Mr. digen verma

To prevent this from happening go to,
My Computer>Properties>Advanced>Settings>Under System Failure>Untick Automatically Restart >Click Ok then Apply.

I think he has written it very clearly he is not in his windows boot up screen for more than 3 seconds ... this is the beauty of this file .. i think u r not aware of it be very careful abt such .exe files!!! in future ...

Blue Screen of Death !!!

Well... friend... the screen that u have is the Blue Screen of Death where the OS dumps the physical memory.... this may be due to a faulty RAM Module... check ur RAM module... since u have 2 modules, try removing one module at a time and see if the problem is removed.... if yes, then u might have to change the faulty RAM module... if not, then it might be a problem with some other H/W component in ur computer.... then u need to get the computer checked from the computer vendor....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom