please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
sony vaio laptop windows media center edition install issue.

Hi ppl,

I have purchased sony vaio from Germany. I stay here. And now, i have formatted the hardisk coz it had german version of windows. i have the setup it for media center, english version and so i installed it. but it doesnt accept the german version's CD KEY. Will it not accept? or i am using an altered version of windows media center edition? please help me out with this... I am totally stuck up.

also, tell me this, will the backup or recovery part of the software that was preinstalled on the hardisk when i purchased the laptop be useful, when i intend to sell this laptop sometime later? i mean, is that absolutely necessary for selling or something? if its not, then i ll format that as well... cozits unnecessaruily taking 6 GB of space.

and if possible, please tell me how to use the recovery feature of my hardisk also... it still has the recovery files in the hidden partition. how do i run it?

thks,
legolas.

Last edited:

Kniwor

Learner
Firstly, learn to name your topic in a meaningful way. You are an old member and this is expected of you.

Call Microsoft and they will help you through.

About the recovery thing, well let someone with that lappy reply.

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
i hope this change of heading soothes u enough. thks for the help. i will wait for other meaningful replies!

/legolas

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Was the German key for media center as well? If you have the 'setup' of the English version, use its key, why use the German OEM one?

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
You can make recovery disks and later remove that hidden partition. Your manufacturer may have provided the manual on how to do this. I don't know about sony, but IBM laptops have an option to create Rescue Disks.

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
Lucky_star said:
You can make recovery disks and later remove that hidden partition. Your manufacturer may have provided the manual on how to do this. I don't know about sony, but IBM laptops have an option to create Rescue Disks.

yeah! thks very much... i jus located the info in my manual. thks a ton!

/legolas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom