Please help me in buying speakers

High-Fidelity

Journeyman
Same thing happened to me. I reminded them about the order after waiting for 5 days, and now they say that its not available!

@High-Fidelity,
Why are you supporting Swan brand so much? I suspect that you have some relation with swans brand, if so please explain.

I am also in the same dilemma now.
Swans is good brand by forum opinions, however their presence in India and and even abroad is very small. Search for swans videos/reviews and you will find only couple of official reviews or videos. They are not even listed on amazon US site. There is no real reason to support Swan so aggressively than Edifier as such(also consider the cost difference).

I am going to wait for some time for Edifier s530 as of now, unless some other good 2.1 system turns up.

I am supporting Swans brand just because of the speakers range they have, they are just dedicated to the speakers only, car audio, they even manufacture studio monitors with 18 inches low-end drivers costing lacs of rupees. I don't have any relation with swans but they are professional in designing speakers. They have been designing speakers from many years. Presence of Swans brand in India is small because of there was no dealer before for this brand in India and this may be because Swans speakers are costly than other speakers brands like edifier, logitech, corsair. But one should also think in this way that you will get for what you are paying for.

I am also showing comparison to the OP between both the sub-woofers.

HiVi is not a chinese brand, it's a USA brand. See here: HiVi

All the drivers in the Swans Speaker designed in the USA by hivi brand and manufactured in the china just to cut the cost.

To know more about this brand and to read customer reviews go here: swan speakers | dana speakers | arx speakers | home theater | multimedia | audio

I am not against the company. However, such a loud praise does make me doubt things a bit.

Amazon US does not sell it because its a chinese company does not explain much. Very few people have reviewed their products.
I did not find any link which says they are second largest driver maker(except on a forum)

The company might not get translated into every product they make. Klipsch is a great company, promedia 2.1 is great too, but it has some durability issues. Such things wont surface unless reviewed by mass.

Power provided by s530 is much more than m20. Also in my opinion, 3 inch driver cannot produce high range frequencies. Having said that, I might also consider m20 if nothing else works.

OP
V

vikythecaptain

Broken In
LOL amazon doesn't sell edifier s530 either....m20 has good frequency range according to their specs. Anyhow audioinsider is a very big dealer and official distributor of the brand in US. I am totally a rookie a enthusiast and sound lover but I don't suspect the company as much as I don't want to sound naive...cheers.....:)

High-Fidelity

Journeyman
I am not against the company. However, such a loud praise does make me doubt things a bit.

Amazon US does not sell it because its a chinese company does not explain much. Very few people have reviewed their products.
I did not find any link which says they are second largest driver maker(except on a forum)

The company might not get translated into every product they make. Klipsch is a great company, promedia 2.1 is great too, but it has some durability issues. Such things wont surface unless reviewed by mass.

Power provided by s530 is much more than m20. Also in my opinion, 3 inch driver cannot produce high range frequencies. Having said that, I might also consider m20 if nothing else works.

There are several high-range audiophile brand which amazon don't sell so does it mean that those high-end brand are bad or are not good. What kinda justification you are giving?

As I told you before this is not a chinese company and have given you the link for the same too :)

When it comes to DAC so chinese company like audio-gd kicks some big brands a** badly :)

so never think that chines and japanese or so.

Specification does not explain much. ANY high end product would have multiple drivers and most definitely would have tweeters. M20 seems attempt from Swans to target mid-end 2.1 consumer by compromising a bit on SQ.

Its not about amazon US listing it(and BTW amazon Germany have Edifier listed). I simply wanted to highlight that Swans penetration is low and so is the support, and hence number of opinions/problems reported is also low. And sadly there are very few reviews available.

My post was directed at the suspicious way swans brand was supported - "I am amazed when brand like Swans is available in India so why are you going for Edifier". As mentioned, I too consider it as a good brand.

Anyway, if you decide to go with M20, do post your review and opinion somewhere and provide link here. Cheers!

High-Fidelity

Journeyman
Well I would also like to read the opinion of OP if he purchase the Swans M20W :)

Also customer reviews on hifinage gives the insight of this brand as one customer compared his logitech Z2300 to the Swans M200MK2 model. He said:

Swans M200MKII, First Impressions - I was using Logitech Z-2300. I was quite satisfied with it until I started listing to music! These are good for movies and games where you require floor pounding bass and effects, but seriously they are not meant for music. I was looking for decent speakers under a tight budget of 20K.

OP
V

vikythecaptain

Broken In
I am going for swan speakers, a little risky compared to other safer options......I totally agree with less reviews, less complaints coz of less users. Anyhow I have decided to go for them, I will definitely review them and share my views. Let us see whether they live up to all the boasting....:)

High-Fidelity

Journeyman
Once you buy them so please do review the M20W as it will help all of us and will let us know more about this brand :) Hope you like them and all the best

OP
V

vikythecaptain

Broken In
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late reply, I got Edifier s530 from a local dealer......:), so eventually I went for safer option and got them, they are very impressive to say the least.

Congrats! Finally you got them... :)

I am still not that lucky. Now considering Circle Arko 80W instead(good and budget 2.0).

Any more info like how much did they cost? Is it really discontinued? And cons of the system if any(I read somewhere that for metal songs sub goes boomy)...

OP
V

vikythecaptain

Broken In
Hi Guys,

The cost is 10.5K and it was the last piece available...:)
Till now I have not used the bass to the max, and I am listening music at low volumes as my room is small. The sound is great for the budget and the speakers are very powerful. No complaints whatsoever...:)

Thank you friends, I am enjoying all programs in TV now with good sound.

Top Bottom