• Buy Galaxy POP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait for Galaxy Gio

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

mohantheprince

Right off the assembly line
Hi All
My samsung basic phone is not at all switching on from last night so i ve to buy a new phone, I'm thinking of LG Optimus one but my friends r telling not to buy that bcoz of the earlier lg mobiles, dust and Touch lag issue but I understand resolution and battery wise lg is way better than galaxy pop but im not able to make a decision.

I seriously thought Galxy Gio ll be launched for 12 or 13 k so that i grab that next month but now my basic samsung phone is not working i ve to buy a phone so pls suggest me whether I ve to go for LG optimus or galaxu pop ,

I did not want to go for Ace and my big concern is about the Touvh Lag issue on lg while playing Games, I basically Gaming Feak so Pls suggest me some ideas urgently... thanks in advance

I ve the budget to buy Optimus one but not more than that....

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Re: Pls Hep in Making decision to buy Lg Optimus one or Galaxy POP

If your budget is fixed, then LG Optimus One is the phone for you. But if you are into gaming, I would recommend Samsung Ace, because it has better GPU, bigger screen, better camera.

But LG Optimus One is a good choice as well...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Optimus one now. i don't have much faith in Gio's GPU which is responsible for handling the games mainly.

OP
M

mohantheprince

Thanks for the Qucik reply Amalek, I understand LG Optimus is a good choice...

My major concern is if it starts Lagging in gaming then it ll be big disappointment...

I agree ACE is much better choice but my budget is fixed...

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Optimus one now. i don't have much faith in Gio's GPU which is responsible for handling the games mainly.

Hi Thanks for the reply....I'm inclined towards to Optimus only...

Can u brief a little bit, y u did not have faith in GIo gpu for handling games

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

@Mohan,

LG Optimus One is not perfect. It is adequate... but not good for games. There is a bug in the OEM software that slows down the games when you touch the screen (as seen by a reviewer on youtube). But I am sure that if you flash another Rom on it and overclock it... then there will be no lag...

Cheers!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Hi Thanks for the reply....I'm inclined towards to Optimus only...

Can u brief a little bit, y u did not have faith in GIo gpu for handling games

i mean that there are mainly 3 mobile GPUs based on ARM or for ARM chips. Adreno, PowerSGX & Mali. Adreno is used in Qualcomm chips, Mali in many chips from others including Samsung (new) & PowerSGX in the rest of the highend including Samsung. but for the lower range of SOC, Samsung uses its own generic graphics which are much slower than Adreno 200 & 205. so just a fast 800Mhz clock won't help if the GPU can't handle the games. also the ram won't be 512Mb for sure. it'll be something like 256-384Mb.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Edit: for a better idea of what i told, look here:

Our Next Phone...
What's in store for 2011 in the mobile industry?
3DMarkMobile GPU showdown: Adreno 205 vs PowerVR SGX540

vishurocks

Journeyman

@amalek
o1 and ace has same soc. It just has a oc cpu. So gpu of o1 and ace are same adreno 200

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ and that means Galaxy Ace would be better in gaming than Optimus One
BTW Galaxy Ace does performs better than Optimus One in BenchmarkPi

Same goes for Samsung Gio (as it uses the same SOC as that of Ace). But beware of battery life.

OP
M

mohantheprince

Thank U all for ur valuable suggestions and time.. I made my choice, It is Optimus One, Today i went to Univercell, Poorvika and Mobile store in Chennai and in all the stores except Poorvika the price is 12k where as in poorvika it is 11.9k...
SO I ll be buying my Optimus in poorvika tomorrow...

I ve one quick question which gsm network provider is good in gprs speed in chennai?

I heard good things about docomo, uninor and airtel... is anybody can post their user experience then that ll be good....

OP
M

mohantheprince

@Sam.Shab

I had the same impression that 01 should be costing around 11.k 0r 11.5k but in chennai it is not like that... I'm not sure whether the price has gone up... even for samsung galaxy pop they told me 9400.. that was really weired....

If anybody got 01 less than 11.9k in chennai pls share which shop u bought that?

Any suggesstionon the GPRS?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
@Sam.Shab

I had the same impression that 01 should be costing around 11.k 0r 11.5k but in chennai it is not like that... I'm not sure whether the price has gone up... even for samsung galaxy pop they told me 9400.. that was really weired....

If anybody got 01 less than 11.9k in chennai pls share which shop u bought that?

Any suggesstionon the GPRS?

Buy it from EBay... New Optimus One with 2 GB card -- 11169/- Almost 800 rupees less than in local stores in your area -- eBay India: BRAND NEW LG OPTIMUS ONE P500

Cheers!

OP
M

mohantheprince

//Buy it from EBay... New Optimus One with 2 GB card -- 11169/- Almost 800 rupees less than in local stores in your area -- eBay India: BRAND NEW LG OPTIMUS ONE P500//

Looks like a great choice but I did not brought anything from ebay and I'm not sure whether the phone will be delivered properly, do u brought any goods from the seller "indiabigbaazar"?

//Gprs,

Vodafone gives 2 GB for Rs 98 and 1 month validity.

Do you use prepaid or post paid?//

Thanks for the info about vodafone... I use Prepaid...

What is the speed ur getting for vodafone gprs? did any body know the speed of uninor and docomo.. I like the seconds billing plan.........

pauldmps

Banned
^^ Vodafone too has per-second billing.

Check for seller's feedback at Ebay to know whether it is safe to deal with him or not.

And use the quote tags to quote someone.

OP
M

mohantheprince

^^ Vodafone too has per-second billing.

Check for seller's feedback at Ebay to know whether it is safe to deal with him or not.

And use the quote tags to quote someone.

Thanks for the quick reply... The seller is a power seller and 99.2% positive reply
but great news univercell is selling optimus one @11k, 1000 rs dropped and just now called univercell and conformed it...

I'm going to buy the phone right away....

cheers:)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
@Mohan,

I usually only check ebay. But after reading your post, I checked Univercell website... and guess what the price of LG Optimus One P500 is?

*i.imgur.com/jGYW5.jpg

10577!

I am speechless...! Totally VFM...!

EDIT: I clicked the buy-now button... It added a VAT of 4%. So, the price is indeed 11k...

*i.imgur.com/Lx31x.jpg

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ the new price should reflect in other shops by next week. 11k for such a mobile. a pure sure steal. also a member here, krishnandu.sarkar got it for 11.12k from mobile store. so looks like the new price already coming into affect.

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

but total price will be 11.3k (~300 is carry charge).

Top Bottom