Please help in building a new rig: Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ falling

I think yes because the the i5 memory controller can support 1600 mhz rams and it should'nt be a problem.I use 1333mhz transcend rams in my dp55wb and its pretty solid.You can try corsair.

Buddy i don't have any idea on retailers in trivandrum but it should'nt be any problem and you can easily purchase your hardware.

Finally there's always an option to order online from lynx or exoduspc.

OP
F

falling

Broken In
Thanks. Okay this is my finalized rig. Please rate on a scale of 1 to 10.

Core i5 750 2.66 Ghz @ 10k

Intel DP55WB @ 6.3k

Western Digital Caviar Blue 620GB @ 3.2k

PowerColour HD5770 1GB GDDR5 V2 @ 9.9k OR PowerColour HD5850 1GB GDDR5 @ 16.4k

Corsair 4GB DDR3 1600MHz C9 Titanium @ 5.8k

GlacialPower 650W AA @ 4.6k PSU

Cooler Master Centurion 590 @ 3.8k

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thanks. Okay this is my finalized rig. Please rate on a scale of 1 to 10.

Core i5 750 2.66 Ghz @ 10k

Intel DP55WB @ 6.3k

Western Digital Caviar Blue 620GB @ 3.2k

PowerColour HD5770 1GB GDDR5 V2 @ 9.9k OR PowerColour HD5850 1GB GDDR5 @ 16.4k

Corsair 4GB DDR3 1600MHz C9 Titanium @ 5.8k

GlacialPower 650W AA @ 4.6k PSU

Cooler Master Centurion 590 @ 3.8k

taking i5 & no aftermarket HSF? insult for that i5. Rating: 9 without HSF

OP
F

falling

Broken In
My current monitor supports 1280 * 720. Its pretty sucky (a BENQ T52WA), so thinking of an upgrade next year or something.

I'd love to game on higher resolutions like 1600 or 1920. With certain graphics lowered down ofcourse (like HDR,shadows,extra physics etc) once I get a decent monitor.

Also, is it true that AA is not required if you game at 1920 + resolutions?

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Sorry for the double post. I do not know how to install heat sinks and fans, and more over, with this rig the price tag is hovering around 48-50k.

Maybe over time, I can try putting new HSF (I had to google the term lol)? Or should I use the cheaper thermal paste for heatsinks?

EDIT : WOAH!!!! The CM Hyper 212 costs only 2.2k! Nice! I think I can get this.

Also, my Intel DP55WB supports a micro-atx case. Is it okay if I use it in the CM Centurion 590?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ falling

Perfect system for you buddy.:smile:
Since you dont plan to OC aftermarket hsf isnt really necessary but stock intel coolers arent of good quality anymore.The hyper 212 plus is good so grab it. Even i am thinking of getting my hands on one.

Regarding resolutions the 5850 can handle full hd with ease and anti aliasing has no relations with 1920x1080 resolutions.Its just a method to remove jagged edges from in game graphical animations.

Finally the dp55wb can fit with all atx/matx cabinets so its not a problem at all since all atx cabinets support matx boards.I have installed my dp55wb in a coolermaster elite 335 ATX cabby.

OP
F

falling

Broken In
Thanks vickybat!

The total cost along with the Hyper 212 is Rs. 51300.
Now all I have to do is buy all this :) I'll try asking my brother's friend who is in Bangalore to get the parts. And another - he is pretty good at bargaining.

Shops do sometimes give discounts if you buy a lot of parts, don't they?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ falling

Ya buddy shops do give some discounts when you buy a lot of parts and the same happened with me.
Anyway grab your parts and post along with pics in the latest purchase section.

OP
F

falling

Broken In
Thanks a lot guys :)

I won't be able to get the rig now, but I will place an order for the parts. That way I can buy them when I get the money. I can't buy right now because my brother is going abroad so we have a slight financial strain. Will be able to buy around March or April.

Kinda late to buy I know :(

Anyways, I thank you all for your help and advice.
Take care.

~ falling

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Why would he need an OEM HSF. See his motherboard. He cannot OC, so a stock Intel is just fine.

My current monitor supports 1280 * 720. Its pretty sucky (a BENQ T52WA), so thinking of an upgrade next year or something.
A bigger screen would be better for the type of power you are harnessing. When ever you have the funds move to a minimal 1440 x 900. 24" would be just sweet.

I'd love to game on higher resolutions like 1600 or 1920. With certain graphics lowered down ofcourse (like HDR,shadows,extra physics etc) once I get a decent monitor.

Also, is it true that AA is not required if you game at 1920 + resolutions?
Anti Aliasing is required at all resolutions. Those jagged edges..damn..!

Sorry for the double post. I do not know how to install heat sinks and fans, and more over, with this rig the price tag is hovering around 48-50k.

Maybe over time, I can try putting new HSF (I had to google the term lol)? Or should I use the cheaper thermal paste for heatsinks?

EDIT : WOAH!!!! The CM Hyper 212 costs only 2.2k! Nice! I think I can get this.
You DO NOT need an OEM HSF. Not sure why people are recommending them. You will never OC, with your board. The stock one is just fine. The manual you will get with the mother board explains quite explicitely how to dock the CPU and mount the HSF. Though if you have disposable income at hand, then get a Hyper 212. Hardly going to do you much good.

OP
F

falling

Broken In
Thanks asigh :)
I once trying to get the entire rig under 50,000.
If there is availability problems for the HD 5850, then I could go for the 5770.Without the 5850 and CM Hyper 212, and instead a 5770, I should get the entire rig around Rs. 42,700 :D

Again, I'm hoping I can discount/bargain for a lower price to further lower the price.

Just one last question : how long should one use the computer? I have the habit of running my PC 24/7 without shutting down. Thinking of stopping this once the new rig comes in. What are your suggestions? And also, for gaming - what is the maximum amount of time I should spend without overheating the PC to hell?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
1. If you can sacrifice the CM Hyper 212 which is not required and invest more money -- get the HD5850. Though till 1400x900 the HD5770 is just as good. If you ever have plans for full HD gaming, then pick the HD5850. That is a monster card.

2. You can leave the system on 24 x 7. No issues. You might need to restart once in a while to apply a patch/Windows update/installation.

3. Game as long as your brain can sustain it. The chips can handle it. That is why we pay so much for them.

:)

OP
F

falling

Broken In
3. Game as long as your brain can sustain it. The chips can handle it. That is why we pay so much for them.

:)

Very true ;-)

Awesome site and awesome forums. I will be recommending this place to my friends :)

Thanks again to everyone.

~ falling

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Why would he need an OEM HSF. See his motherboard. He cannot OC, so a stock Intel is just fine.

oh yah. i missed that part. Thanks. well even at stock i5 750 is pretty powerful. Later when the juice seems to run out, get a good mobo & HSF & then OC. for now, stock is enough.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^
Yes absolutely. Since the stock HSF comes in the bundle. The OP can try that out. If things are getting hot, for sure a OME HSF can be procured.

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
Hi, Can anyone please tell me whether Kingston HyperX RAM 6Gb Kit (2Gb x 3 modules) of 1600 MHz will work properly on MSI-X58 Pro Motherboard with Intel Core-i7 920 on it ??
Waiting for an urgent reply...

p.s..I didn't know where to ask this question (coz i am new to the forum) so i posted it here....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom