Please help choosing Sharp AC

amitchauhan

Broken In
Hi Incinerator,
I am looking to buy Sharp inverter model AH-X13PET OR AH-XP13PMT
Room size: 10X13 sq ft.
Middle floor

Please advise if it will be enough for my room size? Also advise which model should I go for PET or PMT. PMT does have 2-3 extra features like self cleaning, Plasma ION, super jet etc.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
All are good,if you need the features like plasma ion or self clean then its good to go with PMT.Plasma ions kill germs and self cleaning kill molds inside the ac but do not think they will clean your filters! As far as cooling is concerned they are all equally good and same. The jet flow helps in chilling the room fast,really fast.I have explained the features and now you are the best person to judge.

Yes a 1.1Ton Sharp Inverter is more than enough for your requirements.

amitchauhan

Broken In
[MENTION=146621]The Incinerator[/MENTION] Thanks buddy :)

One more thing does the length of copper tubing affects the cooling time for an split AC? Since I would like to place the outer unit on the roof as there is one more floor above my floor. The expected length of copper tubing will stretch to 6 meters.

Last edited:

amitchauhan

Broken In
Going on reviews of Sharp AC on mouthshut.com, lot of people have complaint about the cooling inefficiency of Sharp 1.1 T inverter models and their poor after sales service.

What do you suggest [MENTION=146621]The Incinerator[/MENTION] ? Please advise.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Mouthshut should shut down. Seriously. The morons are buying 1.1 Ton ac thinking it will cool what a 1.5 ton will cool like. What can I say!!! 1.1 ton will only disburse 13000 BTU and not 18000 that a 1.5 ton will.So if somebody thinks like the mouthshut guy that he will be a smartass using 1.1 ton inverter to cool an area that a 1.5 ton will he will definitely be in a soup,and thats exactly what happened to him. In inverter its very important to fit the right ac in the right place.

Last edited:

amitchauhan

Broken In
Hello [MENTION=146621]The Incinerator[/MENTION]

Finally ordered 1.1 PET model. What shall i expect in the installation kit? How much does extra cooper piping cost per meter?

Jeetkarsh

Broken In
32K.. Did you bought?

No dealer is available in my city due to which i will purchase it from some other city probably Delhi NCR!!!

What exact amount you paid to the dealer and what all other things you paid for apart from the inbox contents could you please Elaborate It will be very helpfull to me as well as to all other forum members

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Hello [MENTION=146621]The Incinerator[/MENTION]

Finally ordered 1.1 PET model. What shall i expect in the installation kit? How much does extra cooper piping cost per meter?

You will get 3 mts of .8mm copper pipe,water hose and electric wire. Per meter depends . The best ones are from Shyam Industries and .8mm will cost quite a lot. Dont go for lowewr than .8mm coz R410 gas has pressure which lesser copper pipes wont be able to withstand.

amitchauhan

Broken In
No dealer is available in my city due to which i will purchase it from some other city probably Delhi NCR!!!

What exact amount you paid to the dealer and what all other things you paid for apart from the inbox contents could you please Elaborate It will be very helpfull to me as well as to all other forum members

This is the price for AC only.. Standard installation charges, stand charges and extra cooper tubing charges will be extra. And not to forget u also have to buy a 4KVA stabilizer :)

techy.saurabh

Right off the assembly line
Mouthshut should shut down. Seriously. The morons are buying 1.1 Ton ac thinking it will cool what a 1.5 ton will cool like. What can I say!!! 1.1 ton will only disburse 13000 BTU and not 18000 that a 1.5 ton will.So if somebody thinks like the mouthshut guy that he will be a smartass using 1.1 ton inverter to cool an area that a 1.5 ton will he will definitely be in a soup,and thats exactly what happened to him. In inverter its very important to fit the right ac in the right place.

Hi

I am also planning to buy one of those models. I am from Pune. My room is about 14*12*9 with 1 NE facing window.
Room on 5th floor with one more floor above. Direct sunlight is not available for long. Max 4 persons would be there.
Will 1.1T invertor be good for me ? I do not want to shoot my budget unnecessarily but I do not want to be another mouthshut guy.
A dealer is offering 36K on PET model and extending warranty from 1 to 4 years. Is it worth ? I see Amit got same model in 32K.

Amit,
Hows the performance. Please provide your feedback.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Hi

I am also planning to buy one of those models. I am from Pune. My room is about 14*12*9 with 1 NE facing window.
Room on 5th floor with one more floor above. Direct sunlight is not available for long. Max 4 persons would be there.
Will 1.1T invertor be good for me ? I do not want to shoot my budget unnecessarily but I do not want to be another mouthshut guy.
A dealer is offering 36K on PET model and extending warranty from 1 to 4 years. Is it worth ? I see Amit got same model in 32K.

Amit,
Hows the performance. Please provide your feedback.

Get AH-X15RET , that's best for and won't overshoot your budget. You can get that model within Rs 36.5K or lower. Its a 1.25 Ton model

techy.saurabh

I finally got an offer for Sharp AH-XP13PHT 1.1T model for 36.5K (excluding installation).
Is it a good deal. Is the AC a good selection. It does have a good list of features.

Ezone is offering 39K lowest for XP15-RET 1.25T model. They said some models get free installation but didn't confirmed if this qualifies for free installation. Anyway free installation means 1K less max. I also heard that Sharp 1.25 models do not have good EERs.

I was suggested 1.1T models by some expert on another website. Do you think 1.1T is not enough for my requirement and could prove to be a bad choice in future.

Feature wise AH-XP13PHT model sounds better deal though.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
A 1.25 Ton Sharp would have been better for you since your room is 168sqft/ 1.1 Ton works best for rooms within 150sqft. Anyways since you have bought the 1.1 Ton dont stress it too much. Inverter AC s power savings main mantra lies in the room area to tonnage ratio.

Secondly the Sharp AHXP15-RET EER is a phenomenal 3.92!!!

Last edited:

techy.saurabh

Thanks. 1 bad news is that installation cost told to me is around 7k. Too high for my expectation and budget.
It includes core cutting, extra wire, grill cutting and angle.

Another thing I noticed that manufacturing date is 08/2014. Is it too old and the gas would have degraded?
I didn't notice till today and now its too late.

Also AH-XP13PHT model has more phenomenal EER 4.02!! :)

Top Bottom