Please guys suggest me a good gaming pc under rs 70000

[MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION], whats wrong in getting a xeon for desktop? And honestly, the "lack of igp" and "What will you do during the period your discrete GPU goes bad?" isn't really justified as then one should either get an Intel with igp or an apu, on FX processors either. Really? You don't meet to buy a new graphic card, you can borrow from a friend or a known shop. Additionally, used 8400gs are available for as low are 600 bucks which is enough to be used as temporary card. Seriously, any other reason for not having xeon is desktops?

OP
C

cydialover1

Broken In
[MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION], whats wrong in getting a xeon for desktop? And honestly, the "lack of igp" and "What will you do during the period your discrete GPU goes bad?" isn't really justified as then one should either get an Intel with igp or an apu, on FX processors either. Really? You don't meet to buy a new graphic card, you can borrow from a friend or a known shop. Additionally, used 8400gs are available for as low are 600 bucks which is enough to be used as temporary card. Seriously, any other reason for not having xeon is desktops?

What is it about that if a K processor bottlenecks your GPU then u can overclock it to work perfectly with the GPU
what if in any chance a locked CPU like Xeon (i know it wont but just in case) bottlenecks the GPU??

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
What is it about that if a K processor bottlenecks your GPU then u can overclock it to work perfectly with the GPU
what if in any chance a locked CPU like Xeon (i know it wont but just in case) bottlenecks the GPU??

you should only worry about the gpu being bottlenecked. that xeon will handle two r9 290x in crossfire easily.

- - - Updated - - -

i dont think an overcloked i5 4670k will bring miracles in fps. the reason is , it will be running around 3.8Ghz in turbo and maximum you will do on a decent air cooler will be 4.4ghz. that 0.6ghz bump wont even provide you a 10 fps margin roughly.Intel Core i5-4670K Gaming Performance | bit-tech.net on the other hand xeon has hyperthreading support which may come handy in 'future' games.

- - - Updated - - -

What's with this latest trend of buying a Xeon E3 for desktops? Hate the Integrated Graphics too much?

The reason why Xeon E3 has no IGP is, because you put it in servers and usually you don't need a screen.

Better get i7-4770 + H87 or i7-4770K + Z87/Z97. What will you do during the period your discrete GPU goes bad? Spend Rs. 3000 more on a back-up GPU?

that comment makes the whole line fx series cpus to byte the dust ;).

It makes no sense to buy a Z series motherboard with a processor that can't be overclocked. Buying Z87/Z97 with XEON E3 and i7-4770 makes NO SENSE. IT IS WASTE OF MONEY.

unless it is available in decent price.. i dont think somebody wanna spend 12k+ on an h87/h97 mobo. on the other hand if z97 mobo gets cheaper(suggested one is 8k here), there is nothing wrong to get it either. ;)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
that comment makes the whole line fx series cpus to byte the dust ;)
Their motherboards have a small IGP. Except 990FX, 970 chipset.

Nothing wrong there, but this guy has the budget.

What I'm simply echoing is the problem which I am facing. I've moved HD 6950 into my secondary system here in Bangalore. At home in Delhi, I don't have display ports on P8Z68 Deluxe. Plus, Quick Sync is really good for encoding videos quickly which Xeon without IGP doesn't have.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Their motherboards have a small IGP. Except 990FX chipset.

none of the 9XX series motherboards comes with igpu including 990x,990fx and 970. and those with igpu support is very older gen motherboards, not really recommended for newer cpus like fx 6300.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
none of the 9XX series motherboards comes with igpu including 990x,990fx and 970. and those with igpu support is very older gen motherboards, not really recommended for newer cpus like fx 6300.
yup, that's true. FX-4100 is the max you can go with them.

OP
C

cydialover1

Broken In
Their motherboards have a small IGP. Except 990FX, 970 chipset.

Nothing wrong there, but this guy has the budget.

What I'm simply echoing is the problem which I am facing. I've moved HD 6950 into my secondary system here in Bangalore. At home in Delhi, I don't have display ports on P8Z68 Deluxe. Plus, Quick Sync is really good for encoding videos quickly which Xeon without IGP doesn't have.
well i really dont care about the time taken to other processes even if it is double all i care about the game running at the max settings with good performance
seeming that Xeon HT would be helpful in future
Xeon seems a better choice

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
well i really dont care about the time taken to other processes even if it is double all i care about the game running at the max settings with good performance
seeming that Xeon HT would be helpful in future
Xeon seems a better choice
i7-4770 and i7-4770K also have HyperThreading. :| If anything they are, they're better than Xeon because of the Integrated Graphics and Quick Sync to encode videos.

Anything you buy, you're most likely to be fine with it. You don't have to care. It's your money.

OP
C

cydialover1

Broken In
i7-4770 and i7-4770K also have HyperThreading. :| If anything they are, they're better than Xeon because of the Integrated Graphics and Quick Sync to encode videos.

Anything you buy, you're most likely to be fine with it. You don't have to care. It's your money.

thats what gets me confuse :D
god damnit ;-0

- - - Updated - - -

He has the budget.

Xeon is completely fine. Just hope he doesn't end up pairing it with Z97.
okay
which one would you buy
H97 for 12000
or
Z97 for 8000??
for xeon processor ?

oKay is there any cheaper H97 chipset?

if im getting the Z97 by speding more 3000 i can get the i7 4770k

would it be worth it ?? or xeon is more then enuf

as
4770k > 4770 > Xeon 1230v3 > i5 4670k?

> 4770k > 4770 = Xeon 1230v3 > i5 4670k

> Xeon is enough. You won;t gain anything by overcloking anyways. Get some accessories instead for that 3k.

OP
C

cydialover1

Broken In
> 4770k > 4770 = Xeon 1230v3 > i5 4670k

> Xeon is enough. You won;t gain anything by overcloking anyways. Get some accessories instead for that 3k.

A good mouse and keyboard perhaps

Im getting the Xeon only now thats it
if i think about getting the 4770k then i think about why not the Devils canyon 4790k haha :D u just cant get enough

i will use the old one wireless logitec keyboard and mouse and for the Screen i already have rhis Hp monitor that supports DVi/VGa or i can also use my Samsung 3D smart TV :)

Top Bottom