Please guide - AVG Antivirus update

Status
Not open for further replies.

fakkadbaba

Broken In
I update virus definitions of AVG antivirus on my home computer by directly connecting to the net. However for my office PC, I download the latest definitions from the grisoft site into a folder on my pen drive at home and then manually update my antivirus programme at office. I want to know if I am required to keep all the downloaded definitions for all updates in the future (in case I reinstall the program) or is the last downloaded file adequate in itself (by having included all previous updates) and I can delete the ones downloaded previous to it???

slugger

Banned
d old download definitions can b safely deleated cause d new download contains all d definitons
(otherwise how will a person who has installed AVG 4 d first time get complete protection ;))

shreyadr

Journeyman
slugger said:
d old download definitions can b safely deleated cause d new download contains all d definitons
(otherwise how will a person who has installed AVG 4 d first time get complete protection ;))

I am also using AVG free edition for personal use.
recently i had switched from win2k to win xp. before installing i had taken backup of AVG folder of c drive. But after installing win xp and AVG; when i selected the path to update it from my backup files, it gave message that "there r no files to be updated" hence i need to update almost 19 mb files thru interent only. my quries r :
1) when AVG updates, it stores its files in AVG folder by default. while updating manually thru hard disk which of the files to be selected ?
2) i guess, AVG selects them automatically when path is given, then why in my case it could not updated manually thru HDD ?
3) what is the other solution instead of updating 19mb+ thru net; if manual updation thru HDD could not work out ?

plz. help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom