Please check if these parts are compatible with each other

PC_freakazoid

Right off the assembly line
Hi
im building a PC for the first time. i have a cabinet, sound card, speaker set, ups, 2 DVD drives, 2 hard disks, fans from a previous PC built by a friend. The foll. are specifications of these components:

SATA Hard disks are:
samsung 160jj 3gb/s hd,
wd 5000aads 3gb/s hd

Sound card: Sound Balster Live (PCI)

Cabinet fits in an ATX mobo

In case the questions recommended are useful, ive answered them anyway:

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Purpose: Surfing net, Running most applications flawlessly, image editing (Photoshop) and web designing(using visual studio free edition), audio editing (Audacity), perhaps playing a few games( Maybe assassin's creed, as long as it can run smooth;ly on low setting), or even older games if it doesnt run. gaming is a least priority.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: as low as possible, approx 15k. willing to spend slightly more for a balanced config

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: nope

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win XP, perhaps may upgrade to win7, though unlikely. can shift to any linux in ad dual boot config if so nneeded

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Have hard disks

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No, Have a SyncMaster 171s.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: cabinet, sound card, speaker set, ups, 2 DVD drives, 2 hard disks, fans

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: ASAP, possibly tomorrow(Saturday)

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No. But I know how to assemble one, and plan to make this my first assembly.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Buying locally. the abopve mentioned parts are available. Open to buying online if delivery time is fairly quick.

The foll. is the config I had in mind:

1) Core: AMD Athlon ll X2 270 3.4 GHz dual core
2) Mobo: Asus M5A78LM LX
3)RAM: 2x Corsair DDR3 2 GB (1 x 2 GB) PC RAM (VS2GB1333D3)
4) PSU: corsair vs450 450 watt psu
5) Graphics card: NVidia GT 520, but most likely i wont buy this.
is there anything im missing or have overlloked? is the psu ok for the config? can the config handle the RAM? is the mobo good? is the graphics card ok to skip(provided i wanna play assassin's creed on low setting, or am even fine with not playing it at all, but as long as all the other programs mentioned above run smoothly). thanks!

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Dont go with an Older gen Athlon . Get Intel G2010 @ 3k
Asus P8H61 M LX @ 2.8k
Or
Skip the gfx Card and Get i3 3210 @ 6k And SAME mobo...

Top Bottom