playstation2 buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocksmart1

Right off the assembly line
hi to all my tech loving friend&brothers all i want to know about PS2 , will PS2 games will be continue to come after the release ofPS3also or does PS3games will slightly work onPS2. do i buy playstation2 or not by seeing PS3 launch as it hamper PS2 selling & games .is there any price fall ofPS2 after PS3 release or not. does company stop PS2 units . does PS2 will be still worth full asPS3 is going to be launched. PLEASE HELP ME AND SUGGEST THAT DO I BUY PS2 OR NOT NOW WILL THERE WILL BE RELEASE OF PS2 GAMES AFTER RELEASE OF PS3.

domin8r

Journeyman
Slightly off-topic here, but I did read this on The Reg, that Sony just stopped production of the PSOne. I guess the PS2's next with PSP flying off the shelves and PS3 due up.

OP
R

rocksmart1

PLAYSTATION2 KILL

WILL PS2 WILL DIE AFTER RELEASE OF PS3.WILL PS2 WILL BECOME USE LESS AFTER PS3.WILL PS2 GAMES WILL BE STOPPED AFTER PS3. WHAT WILL BE PS2 FUTURE IS IT IN DARK.DO PLAY STATION2 BUYING TODAY IS USEFULL.

OP
R

rocksmart1

PLAYSTATION2 DARK HORSE

DO I BUY PS2 AT THIS TIME AS ONPRE RELEASE OF PS3.DOES IT BECOME USE LESS AS NO GAME WILL BE RELEASED ON PS2 AFTER PS3 RELEASE.DO GAMES WILL BERELEASED ON PS2 ALSO AFTERPS3 LAUNCH.

OP
R

rocksmart1

PS2 DRAMA

DO GAMES WILL BE RELEASED ON PS2 AFTER PS3 LAUNCH OR NOT. SO SUGGEST ME DO I BUY PS2 NOW OR NOT ASGAMERS WILL MAKE GAMES ONLY FOR PS3. PLEASE ME BY GIVING YOUR KNOWLEDGE.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Dont ask the same question everywhere... Yes u can buy a PS2 it has a huge list of games available for u to enjoy with :)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40474
And
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40471

What do u think this forum is? POST only once for ur doubts and DONT USE CAPS :evil:

pickster

Professional Layabout.
hey rocksmart1, you post the same thing THREE TIMES with different headings? I bet you didn't even read the forum rules.

aadipa

Padawan
All threads merged here. Any more threads and they will be deleted straightaway.

Use single thread for all your related questions.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I donot agery that ps2 sony will stop producing ps2 games. Sony cannot ignore their coustomers. Yes ps3 will be a good console.But it will take time for ps3 to get into the homes. take a look at Xbox, many game companies are still releasing games for xbox even after xbox 360 has been released .So my guess is that they will keep releasing games for both ps2 and ps3 simultaniously till ps3 gets hold on the market. then slowly the will decrease the games released for ps2.

Take a look at my example.

Take for example the transition from 32 bit processor to 64 bit processor. If software companies like (M$) said they from now onwards our software will run only on 64 bit machines and asked us to buy only 64 bit comps how will you feel?? the same way even you might not go for a 64 bit system immediately but maybe after a year .
so how do companies tackle this problem?? they release two different softwares i.e., one for 32bit and one for 64 bit. so both the company and costumer are happy :D.

Charan :D

moshel

Padawan
charangk said:
I donot agery that ps2 sony will stop producing ps2 games. Sony cannot ignore their coustomers. Yes ps3 will be a good console.But it will take time for ps3 to get into the homes. take a look at Xbox, many game companies are still releasing games for xbox even after xbox 360 has been released .So my guess is that they will keep releasing games for both ps2 and ps3 simultaniously till ps3 gets hold on the market. then slowly the will decrease the games released for ps2.

Take a look at my example.

Take for example the transition from 32 bit processor to 64 bit processor. If software companies like (M$) said they from now onwards our software will run only on 64 bit machines and asked us to buy only 64 bit comps how will you feel?? the same way even you might not go for a 64 bit system immediately but maybe after a year .
so how do companies tackle this problem?? they release two different softwares i.e., one for 32bit and one for 64 bit. so both the company and costumer are happy :D.

Charan :D

i donot agree with u on the point, that sony cannot ignore customers. first thing is that games are made by game cos and not by sony for their own consoles. so if a particular console has gone old and not many using it, the cos will not make games for that.

well u talking bout XBOX being old. yeah 2 or 3 yrs old it is. but how many versions does it have. THe XBOX, Xbox live and the recently XBOX 360. thats not old.

ok tell me this do u remember something called Playstation(now called PS1). are any of new games made for PS1???

this is the reason i am not buying consoles.atleast if ur pc becomes old u can use it for many different things. or give it to someone who just wants to use MS Office.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^^ well you can make sony ----> game companies . sorry my mistake. ( too lazy to make corrections :p)

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
PS2 already has a LOT"S of titles under it's belt! Do you need more lol

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@moshel: The Xbox Live is NOT a different version of the Xbox. It's simply the multiplayer gaming service that MS offers to it's Xbox customers if they want to take their games online.

@tech-mastermind: It's Spring 2006 right now but there's no PS3. Sony announced at GDC that the PS3 will launch in November 2006.

Of course Sony/Other Game Companies will keep making PS2 games. It might not be for long but it will continue. In the case of the Xbox, the hardware is still capable of producing good graphics but the PS2 hardware is too old. On the other hand, there are almost 100 million people with PS2 consoles so Sony cannot ignore them after the PS3 comes out.

S

saiaspire

PS2 has aleardy gained too much popularity. All latest titles will be published for PS2 AND 3 simultaneously, so no worries?

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
Hmmm.... If so the quality of ps2 titles will be much compromised in front of their ps3 brethren..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom