PlayStation 3 vs Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyborg47

Technomancer
ohhh and your definition of "mature" games are games like BF3,counterstrike,teamfortress 2?

Never knew games like Counterstrike, team fortress 2 were single player :lol:
Btw, I already mentioned the examples. Not sure why you bought up CS, TF and bf3 under the mature category :|

And I really don't understand how most of the people on this thread are making statements like 'indians don't buy games; are pirates' etc. What are you all basing your statements on? are there some kind of statistics or are they just randon/stupid opinions? If it was really true, the torrents sites would be filled with indians alone lol. And don't forget, indian gaming market is a ton of business here, also one of the reasons why most of the publishers lower their prices.

Last edited:

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
1Never knew games like Counterstrike, team fortress 2 were single player :lol:
Btw, I already mentioned the examples. Not sure why you bought up CS, TF and bf3 under the mature category :|

2And I really don't understand how most of the people on this thread are making statements like 'indians don't buy games; are pirates' etc. What are you all basing your statements on? are there some kind of statistics or are they just randon/stupid opinions? If it was really true, the torrents sites would be filled with indians alone lol. And don't forget, 3indian gaming market is a ton of business here, also one of the reasons why most of the publishers lower their prices.

1.you said it.
this was said
ohhh and your definition of "mature" games are games like BF3,counterstrike,teamfortress 2?
since most single-player games are scripted
2.just go to the "gamerz" section you will find many posts saying
my game is non-genuine
no my D2 was not legit
or something similar
if you want proof you may not find exact figures but a host of articles
because any sane indian would never say he owns a p-rated game
(Indian Culture :get stuff from the wrong channel but never acknowledge it)
from our very own TDF *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/gamerz/96805-video-game-piracy-india.html
3.that ton of business thing is mostly for time-pass mobile games
most publishers lower thier pc game prices so indians buy games not lift them off some torrent sites

Last edited:

puneet sharma

Hidden Identity
PC all the way because:-
1) PC have way more better graphics than console
2) PC are more future proof than console
3) BTW who are proud of console exclusives games,PC have in fact more exclusives than
console,which are basically whole bunch of RTS which console can't handle
4)Games are made from PC
5) The most important you can mod the games in PC :-D

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Even a decent 60k Gaming Rig would start giving Hiccups in Next 6 months at Max Settings for Latest Games Released At that Time.
For instance At the time of release of Crysis there was no GPU/CPU available in market which could Handle it at Max Settings.

This is not what you call a future proof Solution.

Now Consider this

X360: Years of Availability:7 yrs approx.
PS3: Years of availability:6yrs approx.
Nintendo Wii: Years of Availabilty:6yrs approx.

All 3 major Consoles are here for 6+yrs and so every major Game release is directly targeted at same hardware not to mention that Console Games runs at their max galore since they are optimized to make most use of available H/W resources(most of them atleast).

In nutshell any one who bought a PS3/Wii/X360 4-5 yrs back is still able to Enjoy Major Game release without any Upgrade.This is what we call being Future-Proof.

Sony & Microsoft have refused to release any details over their Upcoming Consoles(Anticipated to be PS4 & X720 respectively) for the Year 2012(No Cosnole release from them before 2013) So current gen Console owners can happily be ascertained of the fact that can atleast continue to Enjoy New Release for their Consoles for one more year if not more.

To call PC Hardware Future-proof in any context is irrelevant.Same is true for everything tech.
But from past Trends in Gaming and Console industry it will be safe to say that more or less Console Gaming is the one that owns the tag of Future proof not the PC.

Console Vs. PC Discussion is similar to
iOS Vs. Android
Linux Vs. Windows Vs. Mac
Intel Vs. AMD etc.
It all depends on the viewpoint and preference of People(and fanboys :wink:)

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
Even a decent 60k Gaming Rig would start giving Hiccups in Next 6 months at Max Settings for Latest Games Released At that Time.

just lower the damn video settings, the game might not look better than the very high setting, but definitely looks better than the console version of the same game ;) (arkham city, skyrim are perfect examples, they literally look like $hit on consoles)

Its PC for me, the only possible advantage the consoles have is the exclusive titles. Other than that? none :|

This!!! :D

MOST exclusive PS3 Titles are either Full 1080P or well Up-scaled 720p,

Who feeds you with all this kind of misinformation? NO, 'most' of the ps3 titles DONT run on full hd. Its just some light weight(technically) games that run on 1080p coz they aren't really as heavy as uncharted 2/3 or god of war 3.

Games Like Uncharterd 3/Killzone 2/3/Resistance 2/3(PS3) ,Gears Of War(X360) are Right-in-face challenge(PUCHES BADLY) to crysis and battlefield on PC.

This might be your personal opinion, no offence but that comparision if too stupid dont you think? comparing 720p/30fps games to biggies like crysis and battlefiled 3? dude what are you on? heavily misinformed, or a hardcore console fanboy.
I ve played all the console games you mentioned above, and they looked good for what they are. There were a ton of moments where i found those games down right ugly, yeah even uncharted.
You better play some 'good' PC games like Battlefield 3(Jesus!! dude how can you even bring this gem of a game into a console comparison? Insult to dice lol), Witcher 2(the art direction and the tech aspects are mind blowing), Skyrim(Its a must play on PC, 60fps, 1080p, brilliant draw distance, and the graphics mods are the best till date and make the game look miles better than the stock look), Metro 2033(another must play gem here ;) ), before making those kind of pointless comparisons. Im sure they ll blow the hell out of you :)

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
PC all the way because:-
1) PC have way more better graphics than console
3) BTW who are proud of console exclusives games,PC have in fact more exclusives than
console,which are basically whole bunch of RTS which console can't handle
4)Games are made from PC

1)provided you have the cash to put in(in 20 or 23k a good gaming rig can't be made)
2)please read Sujeet's post below yours
3):lol: that line is used by PC fanboys
the "Big 2" have thier own Move/Kinect crapware + exclusives for thier platform + general console exclusives AND console exclusives from the earlier generation(ps,ps2,Xbox) + high-profile "Indies"
4)OK
5)you Can't Mod all games (only the ones who have official mod engine support)unless you talk about cheating(read "trainers")

I'm not saying that consoles are superior or anything or PC is great whatever
PC has eyecandy, consoles have more variety in games
also its on personal choice
people who prefer eye-popping graphics on a limited number of games go for PC
people who like bigger game catalogues and motion gaming go for console

Sujeet

Undead!!!
I ve played all the console games you mentioned above, and they looked good for what they are. There were a ton of moments where i found those games down right ugly, yeah even uncharted.
You better play some 'good' PC games like Battlefield 3(Jesus!! dude how can you even bring this gem of a game into a console comparison? Insult to dice lol), Witcher 2(the art direction and the tech aspects are mind blowing), Skyrim(Its a must play on PC, 60fps, 1080p, brilliant draw distance, and the graphics mods are the best till date and make the game look miles better than the stock look), Metro 2033(another must play gem here ;) ), before making those kind of pointless comparisons. Im sure they ll blow the hell out of you :)

Say No More.
Your words are clear of what you have played and what you haven't.
:facepalm:

Sujeet

Undead!!!
@cyborg47
Take a look at Sarath or ComanderShawnzer.

They know the real difference ,advantages and disadvantages of PC.
they are not inclined toward PC or Console.

The way you talk makes me sure that your knowledge is bound to PC only.
Otherwise you haven't made those idiotic comments.:smile:

Take a look at this
Despite owning both it is difficult to say which is better. It is impossible for me to ditch one for another. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. I love them dearly and honestly I don't care which one is better.
this
I'm not saying that consoles are superior or anything or PC is great whatever
PC has eyecandy, consoles have more variety in games
also its on personal choice
people who prefer eye-popping graphics on a limited number of games go for PC
people who like bigger game catalogues and motion gaming go for console

And this
Console Vs. PC Discussion is similar to
iOS Vs. Android
Linux Vs. Windows Vs. Mac
Intel Vs. AMD etc.
It all depends on the viewpoint and preference of People(and fanboys :wink:)

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
kids these days!
It isnt really about knowledge. Its just realizing whats crap, and whats not. lol!

Oh and btw, Im no PC elitist or a fanboy. Just get the facts straight, whatever it is.

Knowledge eih?

PC has eyecandy, consoles have more variety in games.

Games like Minecraft, beg to differ :)

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Knowledge eih?
List of full HD 1080P PS3 games
Dont keep Making a fool of yourself.
Go get a full HDTV and a PS3.
Get Original PS3 Titles (Gran Turismo,Killzone 2/3 and Unchartered 2/3).

Hook it to the PS3 and see what display options you get.
PS3 Upscales 720p Content to 1080p.

Is that too hard a fact to swallow for you??

And in case you dont have a reading problem try to read post properly.
Its the Exclusive PS3 tiltes that has been referred.

cyborg47

Technomancer
List of full HD 1080P PS3 games
Dont keep Making a fool of yourslef.
Go get a full HDTV and a PS3.
Get Original PS3 Titles (Gran Turismo,Killzone 2/3 and Unchartered 2/3).
Hook it to the PS3 and see what display options you get.
Is that too hard a fact to swallow for you??

Mind = Blown!
I feel like leaving TDF, thanks to you :facepalm:

This, is right. Not just PS3, 360 does that too.

and this is wrong. Thats all i pointed out. You really didn't need go search a link just to prove me otherwise lol.

Now before the hulk inside of you comes out, let me make some things clear. I'm no PC fanboy or a console hater. Infact, Im a diehard fan of some games on PlayStation (Like Last Guardian, God of War3, Uncharted2/3, Journey, etc). Im just trying to point out some foolish statements some of us here made. Stuff like 'PC gaming causing downfall of quality of the single player games on consoles', 'talking about a story centric game like Mass effect and stating the story parts as kid's choice', 'calling BF3 a run-n-gun game', 'Calling the indian gamers as pirate, just because some people on this forum have pirated stuff' and ofcourse the statement made me laugh like anything 'MOST exclusive PS3 Titles are either Full 1080P or well Up-scaled 720p'...when in the world did the PS3 exclusives are working on 1080p!? they are upscaled from 720p, thats the native resolution.

Last edited:

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Mind = Blown!
I feel like leaving TDF, thanks to you :facepalm:

You May.Happily :smile:

and this is wrong. Thats all i pointed out. You really didn't need go search a link just to prove me otherwise lol.
It shouldnt have been Full HD.Rather Upscaled 1080p/1080i instead.
I agree.
But you have made your life harder by not getting the Point.Cant Help.
The Point was PS3 has more 1080p Upscalable Content/Games in comparison to X360.

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
This is quite lame, there will always be comparisons between PC and consoles..but why do we need to criticize the other..As Sarath rightly said "The complete Gaming experience is achieved by getting both, a console and a PC"
I have played on PS3, X360 and I own a Gaming PC...Playing on a console is more relaxing and enriching. It is due to the fact, as mentioned several times already, that consoles have a sole purpose..GAMING..they have been made to give the gamer a perfect atmosphere and an enriching experience..

Graphics is not an appropriate factor for comparison..Even if a game looks mediocre, it can still be the best if it has awesome gameplay, story and characters..Most of those legendary and epic games we have played over the years had mediocre to lame graphics..but we don't remember them for just their visuals(wrt the time they were released in) but for the overall experience..

Playing Gods of War 3 on a PS3 is just pure bliss..I never had so much fun playing on PC..
Exclusives are one main reason that there is this so-called war between consoles and PC.
but take any game which is available on both the platforms and u will be much more relaxed playing on a console..I cannot sit, continuously, in front of my PC for more than 10 hours playing a game..I did that on a PS3, even came close playing Gears of War 3 on xbox(but it isn't the same)

@Cyborg47..u think ME2 and ME3 are childish? in what context?
Gameplay of ME2 and ME3 is far better than ME1..story of ME3 is better than ME2 and ME1..NPCs and other characters feel more alive in ME3..ME1 had a good story but it is the redundant gameplay that stops me from playing that game again..the graphics don't matter much but ME3 looks way better than ME2 and ME1..
You believe that a temporary, crappy, ending can spoil an entire game? ME3 has to be one of my favorite gaming experiences on PC..and an incomplete ending cannot spoil all the awesome moments I had while playing this game..And I will add that the game isn't over yet..as it is quite evident throughout the course of this game that something isn't right..which I won't indulge in, in this thread..

You call Single player games scripted and kiddie..Halo, Far Cry, Assassins Creed series, The Witcher, ME, Fallout and countless more..these are kiddish right? I'll be damned..

a high-end PC with the right accessories can be a beast, it will give u enormous fps, a great visual effect and with the right chair and other comforting objects and u will have what console owners already do,lacking the graphics hardware...But tbh Graphics just enhance the overall feel of the game..they don't impact the gameplay..if a game sucks to the core..having Frostbite 2/CryEngine3 won't make up for it..

PCs need constant hardware upgrades to be able to play all the games at the best possible settings...and if u say, just dial the settings down a notch, then isn't that what we are already getting in a Console..better gaming experience with a stripped down visual?

Agreed, that the price of console game is very high..but, let's say, in a span of 5 years..the total money spent on a gaming PC incl games is a lot higher than that spent on a console + TV + Games...Long term investment, you may say..

To conclude, one is incomplete without the other if hoping for a complete gaming experience...

I thought I asked your age :p
Well this ain't of my concern, but a lot of 15 year old are smarter than 20 something people.. Intelligence and awareness isn't confined to one's age..
TDF is a proof of that..young teenagers know more about tech stuff than older and working professionals..

cyborg47

Technomancer
Hmm. May be young teenagers don't read and understand properly? Let me quote the post i was replying to before you all make those weird assumptions and pointlessly bring down games like battlefield 3, Counterstrike, halo, assassins creed etc.
Most PC Gamers don't spend on their SOFTWARES, GAMES and EVEN OS! Hence they remain PC Gamers...and also another reason why QUALITY SINGLE PLAYER games are declining!

There it is, now this dude here believes that its PC piracy that's bringing down the quality of the single player games, and i was trying to prove him wrong about that. I hardly see any single player games declining in terms of quality, and because of PC piracy? like wtf!? And I was also referring to good PC single player games like Dragon Age Origins, Witcher 2 etc NOT battlefield 3, counterstrike, team fortress 2, wonder why that guy even talked about them lol.

Oh about that scripted SP crap I'd talked about, I had Call of duty in my mind, and the recent obsession of the developers to make it look 'cool' with the unnecessary scripted sequences. Its like the game is saying to the gamer, press X and leave everything else to me lol :p

@Cyborg47..u think ME2 and ME3 are childish? in what context?
Gameplay of ME2 and ME3 is far better than ME1..story of ME3 is better than ME2 and ME1..NPCs and other characters feel more alive in ME3..ME1 had a good story but it is the redundant gameplay that stops me from playing that game again..the graphics don't matter much but ME3 looks way better than ME2 and ME1..
You believe that a temporary, crappy, ending can spoil an entire game? ME3 has to be one of my favorite gaming experiences on PC..and an incomplete ending cannot spoil all the awesome moments I had while playing this game..And I will add that the game isn't over yet..as it is quite evident throughout the course of this game that something isn't right..which I won't indulge in, in this thread..

Well, I'm a die hard fan of ME1, it was perfect for its time. I never enjoyed any video game story as much as I did with Mass effect 1. It was a console game first, and a PC port second, so I really can't complain about the graphics.
Mass effect 2, there are some parts that I loved, like the character development, writing (especially Mordin Solus, my all time favourite character in the whole series), the graphics etc. But I was disappointed with the over all story of the game, it was more about the team and very little about the reaper threat. Yeah there were collectors, but the over all story didn't feel as engaging as Mass effect 1. And also, I hated the way they streamlined the game, lesser RPG elements, no Vehicular gameplay :(
and felt more of a corridor shooter.

Coming to Mass effect 3, its very much of a personal opinion. Wonderful game...until the end which I absolutely hated and spoiled the entire experience for me. Now I feel like I dont even give a damn about the story. I even lost all the respect I had for Bioware.

a high-end PC with the right accessories can be a beast, it will give u enormous fps, a great visual effect and with the right chair and other comforting objects and u will have what console owners already do,lacking the graphics hardware...But tbh Graphics just enhance the overall feel of the game..they don't impact the gameplay..if a game sucks to the core..having Frostbite 2/CryEngine3 won't make up for it..

If you're saying Battlefield 3/Crysis 2 only look good but have a bad gameplay. I ll have to disagree with you :)

Agreed, that the price of console game is very high..but, let's say, in a span of 5 years..the total money spent on a gaming PC incl games is a lot higher than that spent on a console + TV + Games...Long term investment, you may say..

Not sure about that. Now I don't have a console, so I wont give a crap about the pricing and all. But PC gaming hasn't been that costly for me.
Or may if you have some free time, make up a mock PC configuration, a mid range PC will do and compare it with the console investment.
I believe that the difference wont be very large. The costly PC hardware makes up for the cheaper games(STEAM!! :D) and the cheaper console hardware makes for the costly games, subscription stuff etc. Please don't flame me about this, Im no console gamer, just making some assumptions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom