Playing some PlayStation classics

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I went a friends' house two hour ago. Looked at his new gaming rig. But went to his brother's room.. coz, of the sounds I've been hearing. When I got in, he was playing Tekken 3 on ePSXe Emulator. Nothing that I haven't done before.

Anyways, He asked me to jump in. And configured his generic gamepad. I took it... and started going crazy. But, when I was playing... I felt, something. A feel of playing the game again which you have played when you were a rookie. All the old memories came back. Those crazy days.. when I was in 6th grade.

I'm home now. Downloaded ePSXe. Managed to get few games (Tekken3, FF VIII, GT2, Castlevania: SoN, Vagrant Story, CTR). Played Tekken 3, GT2 for a while. Bliss.

Alok

Adventurer
True.
Tekken 3 is very addictive. I am playing it with PCSX.
This is giving better graphics than epsxe.
everyday i struggle to unlock only left Dr.B. , losing from 1 weak but still trying over again.

Btw tekken tag tournament has same addiction with better graphics and gameplay. But it is on PS2 so i'm currently playing it with PCSX2.

My Favorite fighters are

1.PAUL PHOENIX
2.LAW
3.JULIA CHANG
4.HEIHACHI MISHIMA

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just after seeing this theed I've thought to give Tekken 3 a try ;-)

So downloaded epsxe and started playing Tekken 3 for the first time ;-)

Alok

Adventurer
Hmm that lengthy guide, i never read that . Just take a character u like and then open practice mode , u will learn moves and cambo faster and permanently.

Piyush

Lanaya
nice thread vamsi
you too reminded me of my tekken days
lol.... when i was kid i was told by my friend to select Howrang and press only kick button
and i literally managed to win
but then i switched to yosumitshu and he became my fav character

So ePSEx or PCSX ?
are the games compatible on both the emulators?

BTW Mario has evolved too much if anyone is interested to play it again.emulator-->DeSmuME

Alok

Adventurer
I'm using PCSX with Pete's graphics plugins. I have epsxe but for tekken 3 i prefer only PCSX coz in epsxe when i finished arcade mode with any character screen goes blank and no further process (so u have to reset it and no new character will unlock) While with PCSX there is no such problem.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now, go to tekkenzibatsu, and see the guides, move list. :)

Hmm that lengthy guide, i never read that . Just take a character u like and then open practice mode , u will learn moves and cambo faster and permanently.

thanks guys - will read the guides and will spend some time in practice mode to master the moves and combos in Tekken 3 ;-)

@ Vamsi - can you tell me what games are these FF VIII, GT2, Castlevania: SoN, Vagrant Story, CTR - I'm really new to the world of PS games ;-)

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^
Final Fantasy VII a legendary jRPG game.

GranTurismo 2 is By far, most realistic simulation series to hit a console.

Castlevania: Symphony of Nights is an action adventure game. And will be remembered as Reboot to the long running Castlevania series. The game has mixed RPG elements as well.

CTR is a kart racing game. With maximum fun level. (Made by Naughty Dog :p )

Combo practice is what you are talking about. I'm talking about moves that aren't listed in the game's move list. And, the way to perfect them. I think zibatsu guides are ultimate if any person is heading in that way. BTW, Zibatsu gudies will also have juggle combos and the combos that aren't listed in the combo training of the game.

So ePSEx or PCSX ?
are the games compatible on both the emulators?

I think both the emulators support all most all the PS games. But, I use ePSX. With Pete's D3D plugin. Maxed every visual detail. Running on 1080p res. Looks sweet enough as any mid 2000 games to me.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Play Gran Turismo 2 its AWESOME :D

vamsi_krishna said:
GranTurismo 2 is By far, most realistic simulation series to hit a console.
The ammount of hours I have played that game cant be counted. In Simulation mode I almost finished everything. All endurance races even. Everything was almost done. I owned 100+ cars and a couple cars in range 1000 HP and they used to accelarate like mad.
The Mazda's were very good. All cars were very well simulated. Too bad we dont have such games now with such a HUGE collection of cars.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ another Racing game ??

@ vamsi - thanks for the game descriptions - now I need to try out those ;-)

Sarath

iDota
no its a famous PS game. I am surprised no ones heard of it. Was lotsa fun. I never finished it though.
*www.dan-dare.org/FreeFun/Images/More/CrashBandicootWallpaper800.jpg

Top Bottom