Playing games on higher res. than monitor native

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Does it effect your monitor,gpu or gaming performance if u play games on more than native resolution i mean will it lag more?

Hrishi

Do you mean setting higher resolution in game config than what your monitor supports ? Is that possible in most games ??

Apparently , the answer is simple - If you'll increase the number of pixels rendered , it'll definitely increase the tax on GPU and CPU. What I am not sure is about the fact that can you increase resolution on your monitor than what it actually supports and even in case if it does , still I don't find any reasons to support the faith in improvement of graphics quality.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
No you can't set your screen resolution more than your Native.:wink:

as it is physically impossible since due to the specific number of pixels

OP
pkkumarcool

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
i have a old crt monitor whose resolution is 1024*786 which is its native resolution.But it maximum supports upto 1278*1024 resolution so will it cause lag at 1278*1024 even if i have a high end graphic card?

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
If your monitor supports, then it will display what ever data is coming from the graphic card. Lag is caused only if a graphic card struggles, not in the monitor. Maybe you may have flickering on your screen with non-native resolutions, but your display can't screw up your display adapter.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
i have a old crt monitor whose resolution is 1024*786 which is its native resolution.But it maximum supports upto 1278*1024 resolution so will it cause lag at 1278*1024 even if i have a high end graphic card?

It won't lag if you have a high end GPU.
CRT monitors allow you to increase the resolution higher than native which is not possible in LCDs.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
It won't lag if you have a high end GPU.
CRT monitors allow you to increase the resolution higher than native which is not possible in LCDs.

What?? Thats a special case. No monitor allows resolution higher than specified.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Okay.. I googled it. It seems you can increase res. But i could not find if it was applicable to all CRT displays.

The question, how?? Any hw tweaks? Or sw only?

flyingcow

Shibe
even if i increase to1080p on a 1366x768 monitor, i will still see 720p rigt??
like if i play a 1080p youtube video on a 720p mmonitor

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Don't know about YouTube, but full hd movies were 1024x768 when i had that CRT. The lg studio works... Damn good color reproduction, almost zero lag.

I miss that monitor.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
first of all unlike led screens CRTs don't have a native resolution only max resolution(for typical 17" it is 1280*1024).you can use all supported resolutions upto the max resolution with appropriate refresh rate but commonly used resolution for a 17" monitor is 1024*768@75Hz.

Top Bottom