player with line in support????

Status
Not open for further replies.

satbir

Broken In
Acually i want to play my guitar using a peak on my system(acoustic not electric).......... for that i need a software that is capable of playing from line in.......... most of the music players like winamp and windows media players play only files....... i.e. mp3 and wav and what not.......... is there something that can play directly from line in??? i mean just amplify watever is coming from line in???? looking forward to ur replies

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
Just plug in your mic to "microphone" jack and give a boost ..
no need of any player !

*img5.imageshack.us/img5/4420/clipboard011xt.th.jpg
(Enable the 'Advanced' button by checking Advanced Controls in Options menu)

-----
alibi

OP
S

satbir

Broken In
hey alibi........... thanks for replying but what u just said is for amplifying something said in mic........... i don't wanna use the mic...... i want to plugin my peak(an amplifier used in acoustic guitars) directly to line in................ i did that and i was able to record watever i played using sound recorder........... now what i am looking for is something that'll let me hear watever i play simuntaneously.......... some sort of player or a tweak that'll catch watever is coming from line in(not the mic) and play it as it is............... any luck??

OP
S

satbir

Broken In
hey john............ i have a sound card with a line in option......... its an onboard card............. i have the line in jack behind my cabinet........... wat i really need is some sort of interface that will detect the sound coming from line in.......as i have already mentioned i can record that sound but i wanna play it simuntaneously( just like i have all the hardware and the mp3 files and i'm looking for winamp) hopu u got my point.........

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
I'm a little confused .. :?
Why cant you hear the sound from peak plugged into line-in ?
You must be able to listen to what you're playing as soon as you plug in the peak !
Sound signal is going into line-in .. and the same sound will come your of your speakers ! Why would you need a player for this ?

or am I missing something here ?

-----
alibi

-----
alibi

OP
S

satbir

Broken In
hey alibi.......... sound is goin into line in.......... right........ according to u it sould directly come out of speaker....... i think we need some sort of intermediate processing before u get the output don't we??? afterall its analouge sound......... don't we need to convert it to binary???? remember?? everything here is in 0's and 1's.......... correct me if i am wrong

kikass

Broken In
no. just connecting your pick-up to the line in and then then unmuting 'line in' from volume properties will enable you to listen to yourself playing realtime. no processing is required. try it.
but if you do want a processing software in between, for effects and all, try 'guitar fx box' or 'guitar fx'. these are the 2 that i use, but there are many others available. all these softwares will work with your pick-up connected to either the 'line in' or the 'mic' input. it doesnt matter.
and yeah its called a 'pick up' not a 'peak'. and make sure its a good one... fender or planetwave are good choices. cheaper ones will give lotsa unwanted noise.
hope this helps.

OP
S

satbir

Broken In
hey kikass and alib thnks very much........... alib wat u were saying was absolutely right.... and kikass confirmed it......... i can play realtme without any player(without any interemediate processing)....... the only error was that earlier i was playing at a lower volume so i could detect any amplification........ the problem is now rectified......... it could not have been possible without the support given by u 2......... and thanks for the softwares kikass......... they are quite good..... especially the tuning feature..... thanks man......................

ishaan

Padawan
hey

use GOLDWAVE...its free n good

i use it for recording stuff off my electric guitar n it works like a charm...

btw, for using an accoustic guitar, its called a 'pick-up' not a 'peak'...but i tried those and they dont give u good quality...

OP
S

satbir

Broken In
ya i am really sorry......... now i know its a pick up and not peak.......... i apologise for my ignorance

@ishaan......... thanx for the name of that s/w........... i'll give it a try

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
satbir said:
the only error was that earlier i was playing at a lower volume so i could detect any amplification........
Thats why I asked you to increase the volume in the first place (the very 1st post by me) :)
problem solved .. everybody's happy !

-----
alibi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom