Play .MP4 file

Status
Not open for further replies.

royal

Padawan
I have a video file with .mp4 extension. Windows Media Player 11 was unable to play this file. I already have K-Lite codec pack installed. So I want to know what do I need to do to play this file ?

Should i try with Winamp :confused:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
U have klite installed, try playing it with Media player classic it will work. Or u can download vlc media player and play the file with it.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
You can play mp4 format files in WMP 11.

Download : 3ivx D4 4.5.1
File Size: 1.06MB

Just Download and install this Codec. This Codec is for Windows Media Player.

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
kiran.rkk said:
You can play mp4 format files in WMP 11.

Download : 3ivx D4 4.5.1
File Size: 1.06MB

Just Download and install this Codec. This Codec is for Windows Media Player.

Thanks for your help. However after installation, I could not see any video...only the sound was audible. So I installed K-Lite Codec Pack 2.79 FULL from here and that solved the problem :p

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
K-lite is a good codec pack. Since you said that u already installed it and facing problems opening mp4 file, I suggested a codec meant for playing mp4 file on WMP. It worked for me. Anyways, good to hear that your problem is solved. Thanks for feedback. Keep posting. :)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
just n off topic...

I have a Digi Handy Cam... which supports SD card... when i record some thing in SD card and then play it on computer, instate of having KL full and few more codek pack install, its still unable to play that file (.avi)... untill i installed a codec from the CAM Driver CD (also downloadable from the website)...

so.. that means, we still dont get enery thing on KL... :(

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
saurav_cheeta said:
just n off topic...

I have a Digi Handy Cam... which supports SD card... when i record some thing in SD card and then play it on computer, instate of having KL full and few more codek pack install, its still unable to play that file (.avi)... untill i installed a codec from the CAM Driver CD (also downloadable from the website)...

so.. that means, we still dont get enery thing on KL... :(

Just try with GSPOT to find out more about the avi file :rolleyes:

lalam

In the zone
Ummmm maybe you could give Jet Audio a try.....It's a good player plus i play my mp4 videos with it.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom