Planning to buy Sony Ericsson Neo V, where to get cheapest ?

raksrules

Youngling
I need to buy the Sony Ericsson Neo V for my brother. Where can i get the cheapest and how good is this phone ?
The least price i found is like 15.5 K on ebay but it seems to have no manufacturer warranty.
What other place i can get (preferably with warranty) it for a reasonable price ??

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
The phone is overpriced on Flipkart and Letsbuy. Locally, it should be around 16k and a tidbit more. Check out locally.

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
^^I found it for like 16.8K on adexmart / sulekha, should that be a good price ?
Also any particular reason why this phone is over priced by like 1.2 K or so on flipkart / letsbuy ?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
yup, it is fine. Locally too, you are like to have most dealers quoating 16.5-16.8K with one good soul quoting 16K.

I don't know about Adexmart but my brother has ordered stuff from Sulekha. He says Sulekha are slow, but they deliver at the end.

aroraanant

Explorer
You can also get it from Timtara.After applying coupon it will cost you for 15.5k as the current price is 18k on timtara

saifi2649

Broken In
*www.facebook.com/timtara
i have just checkout their facebook fan page. lots of complaints about their pathetic service :(
sorry for my english :(

S

siddhipatel

Have you tried at your local area? First of all try out at your local place, it may possible that you get it in cheap rate and you may also get any warranty card.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Ok, looks like the issue with the OP is still unresolved. I have the same query, as well as a related one.

Heard about Sony Ericsson Neo, which was released before Neo V. The only difference between the two was Neo has 8 mp camera, vs 5 mp of Neo V.
Can anyone tell what happened to the Original Neo, which bears the exact config of Neo V and also a more decent camera? And why can't I find it on popular sites like Flipkart or Letsbuy? :?

Here's the comparison chart for Neo and Neo V:
Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V vs. Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo - GSMArena.com

pentiumlover

Broken In
Ok, looks like the issue with the OP is still unresolved. I have the same query, as well as a related one.

Heard about Sony Ericsson Neo, which was released before Neo V. The only difference between the two was Neo has 8 mp camera, vs 5 mp of Neo V.
Can anyone tell what happened to the Original Neo, which bears the exact config of Neo V and also a more decent camera? And why can't I find it on popular sites like Flipkart or Letsbuy? :?

Here's the comparison chart for Neo and Neo V:
Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V vs. Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo - GSMArena.com

Neo was officially not released in India . Apart from Camera and ICS updation both are the same , neo V would get ICS earlier then neo .

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Neo was only launched in selected market. but japan quake disrupted the production of Sony's CMOS sensors. hence have to cancel that mobile & rename it as Neo V with only 5Mp cam.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@pentiumlover: Yes, both are same except the camera. For camera conscious one's original Neo would have been a nice deal, considering both to be at almost the same price.

@Sam: That sounds like a convincing scenario.

Btw, which is better?
Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V or Samsung I9003 Galaxy SL - Comparison Page

I am unable to decide because of following:
Pros of Neo V: Camera has 3D sweep panorama, Video has continuous autofocus, video light and video stabilization.
Pros of I9003: Bigger screen by 0.3", Internal memory has 4 GB vs only 320 MB of Neo V, Bluetooth version is higher.

Unable to compare in following department, since have no idea of the technicalities:
screen protection and GPU.

Also, Neo V has killer looks, but small internal memory, which is a BIG let down. :(

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
internal memory is 1Gb in case of Neo V but OS takes a lot of space. maybe some is reserved for other uses.

pick Neo. SL got dumped by Samsung. R is the successor of SL.

Top Bottom