Planning to buy ipad 3

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
I am planning to buy a tablet.. earlier it was the playbook but now i plan to buy a proper android tablet or ipad. I am confused as to wether i should go for a asus eeepad transformer tf-201 OR an ipad 3 32gb. From the benchmarks, the ipad 3 blows the tegra 3 processor. It is almost 2x as fast as the tegra 3. But with the asus tablet i dont have the hassle of a keyboard and it looks pretty good as a small portable tab-top on the go. I will be using the tablet mainly in college since i dont plan on carrying a 5kg gaming notebook to college anytime soon :twisted: . Also there is the question of battery life, the asus offers nearly 12~16 hours of serious performance whereas the ipad 3 will go down in 6~8 hours so any user experience and comments are welcome. Also please let me know where i can purchase anyone of them in delhi and for how much . Thanks

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Take a note that New Ipad's A5X chip has a Quad core GPU which gives it a edge on performance in GPU intensive benchmarks but it still packs a Dual Core CPU so it falls behind Tegra 3 when it comes RAW CPU power.

*www.ijailbreak.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/GeekbenchTest-ipad-2-new-ipad-tegra-3.png
*www.ijailbreak.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/ipad-2-new-ipad-tegra-3.png
A5X tops over Tegra 3 in terms of GFX performance so if gaming is your chief concern go for Ipad 3 aka new ipad performance wise.
Tegra 3 surpasses A5X in CPU intensive apps so if you are app crazy and a multitasker its better to go for Transformer again performance wise neglecting your personal preference with th App environment on offer for either case.

Last edited:

red dragon

Master troll
Do not even bother yourself with benchmark and stuff like that.
The available apps for ipad is light years ahead of Android tablets.
I was never an app junkie,but ipad changed it all.
The wonderful medical apps in appstore has completely blown me away!
Transformer prime has great hw,but Android in a tablet still has ZERO productive value,it is great for media consumption but absolutely worthless for any serious work.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Do not even bother yourself with benchmark and stuff like that.
The available apps for ipad is light years ahead of Android tablets.
I was never an app junkie,but ipad changed it all.
The wonderful medical apps in appstore has completely blown me away!
Transformer prime has great hw,but Android in a tablet still has ZERO productive value,it is great for media consumption but absolutely worthless for any serious work.
Hmm??
You use an ipad and you are talking about Zero productivity Value of APPS ON PLAY STORE.:stirpot:
Nice.!
Whats more amusing-According to you Ipad is a productivity device And Android Tab is Consumption device ,quite contrary to what most people know and believe.!:shock:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well most applications of iOS are availale on Android too. It is that due to closed nature of Apple app system and intensive testing before a app is released that give a great end user experience. In Android its not possible as there is standard hardware. Tablets are available as less as 6k

OP
NoasArcAngel

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Take a note that New Ipad's A5X chip has a Quad core GPU which gives it a edge on performance in GPU intensive benchmarks but it still packs a Dual Core CPU so it falls behind Tegra 3 when it comes RAW CPU power.

*www.ijailbreak.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/GeekbenchTest-ipad-2-new-ipad-tegra-3.png
*www.ijailbreak.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/ipad-2-new-ipad-tegra-3.png
A5X tops over Tegra 3 in terms of GFX performance so if gaming is your chief concern go for Ipad 3 aka new ipad performance wise.
Tegra 3 surpasses A5X in CPU intensive apps so if you are app crazy and a multitasker its better to go for Transformer again performance wise neglecting your personal preference with th App environment on offer for either case.

I want something which will give me good playable framerates on decent resolutions and yes i will be using apps is it possible to use 3d rendering on android tablets?

Hmm??
You use an ipad and you are talking about Zero productivity Value of APPS ON PLAY STORE.:stirpot:
Nice.!
Whats more amusing-According to you Ipad is a productivity device And Android Tab is Consumption device ,quite contrary to what most people know and believe.!:shock:

LOL and the fanwars begin :-D

I am not biased on any OS but i would surely like to know that which will give me my value for money because as i understand that most apps i will require i will have to pay for them .....

I want to play games like modern combat . and maybe not at HD resolutions but i want to buy something that will last me 4 years or till my college ends... ?

red dragon

Master troll
Hmm??
Nice.!

I used the galaxy tab 10 inch and still use a gs2 for about a year now.
Before those used the the first tab and also 3/4 Android phones.

Just name a single Android tablet app which is half good as Keynote in ipad.
Or find a medical app from your beloved Play store(the name itself is repulsive) which can compete with something like Lanthier for io.s.
Most people find it the other way around because cracked apks are easier to find and install and installous does not work on a unjailbroken io.s device.
Go buy legit copies of pages,keynote,iphoto and search a bit on apps required for your profession(but you have to buy them and some of them are expensive,but definitely better than current Android cr@p)...you will find a ipad lot more productive.

red dragon

Master troll
I want something which will give me good playable framerates on decent resolutions and yes i will be using apps is it possible to use 3d rendering on android tablets?

LOL and the fanwars begin :-D

I am not biased on any OS but i would surely like to know that which will give me my value for money because as i understand that most apps i will require i will have to pay for them .....

I want to play games like modern combat . and maybe not at HD resolutions but i want to buy something that will last me 4 years or till my college ends... ?
You should have posted a list of apps you are looking for.
BTW if you are looking for a laptop replacement,none of the current tablet will satisfy your needs.

OP
NoasArcAngel

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
You should have posted a list of apps you are looking for.
BTW if you are looking for a laptop replacement,none of the current tablet will satisfy your needs.

I want to know exactly that... that why will a tabtop not replace a laptop. ?
obviously it will not be a replacement for a 6kg aluminium gaming laptop but what the heck , it can play hd videos, play games and some other apps. I guess thats that then...

red dragon

Master troll
If you have a real computer at home/hostel,an ipad will be good.
io.s has stripped down versions of iwork,iphoto and garage band for ipad and they work pretty well.
You will also need to buy a good note taking app with handwriting recognition option for the class notes[I use Notes plus daily on field surveys and it has made my work a lot simpler and streamlined]
I am not sure of engineering apps,but appstore has brilliant medical apps for almost all 21 subjects and a couple of nice little apps to organize and manage patient data base.

Top Bottom