Planning to buy a mid range gaming laptop

cyber_freak

Broken In
Hi,
I'm planning to buy a mid range gaming laptop within a budget of 70-71K(max).I'd love it if it has a 17" screen if possible.1TB HDD with SSD and the laptop shouldnt get heated very soon.All the best specs within the price range if available,then i'll be a very happy man :).So guys,If there is such laptop that suits these requirements,Please let me know.
Not a hardcore gamer but i should be able to play the latest games.Be able to use for both personal & office use and can handle high end applications without any hassle and do multitasking.
Should have the best configurations that can support these requirements.
My first choice was Lenovo y50-70 that suited these reqs and had enough USB ports & HD webcam.But turns out to be a bit more expensive.
Thanks..

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
That's the best config you can get around 70k in India unless Lenovo updates it with 960M. You can import clevo/sager from xotic pc but it'll overshoot your budget. Better wait till Q3-2105 IMO.
And fill the questionnaire.

OP
cyber_freak

cyber_freak

Broken In
Budget is around 60-71K(Max).
17"+
Primary tasks-Gaming,Browsing,Skype,Coding,App testing,Office work,Movies,torrents etc.

Nothing exactly on my mind but typical configurations i'd like is 17" screen,i7 processor or better,50GB SSD+1TB HDD,a good graphics card,DVD rw,6/9 cell battery etc.Majorly the laptop shouldnt heat up too much..

Preferred brand - Lenovo,Toshiba,HP,Dell,Asus,MSI.
Not preferred- Samsung & Others..

Full HD preferred.

Battery backup -(5 -7 hrs) preferred.

Gagan Gera

Journeyman
Budget is around 60-71K(Max).
17"+
Primary tasks-Gaming,Browsing,Skype,Coding,App testing,Office work,Movies,torrents etc.

Nothing exactly on my mind but typical configurations i'd like is 17" screen,i7 processor or better,50GB SSD+1TB HDD,a good graphics card,DVD rw,6/9 cell battery etc.Majorly the laptop shouldnt heat up too much..

Full HD preferred.

Battery backup -(5 -7 hrs) preferred.

Lol u expect 5-7 hrs battery backup with your requirements :facepalm:

OP
cyber_freak

cyber_freak

Broken In
lol okay.Scratch the 5-7 hrs battery backup & the 17" inch screen.I'll try not to be greedy and settle for 15.6.Is there any laptops of this specs?

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale
lol okay.Scratch the 5-7 hrs battery backup & the 17" inch screen.I'll try not to be greedy and settle for 15.6.Is there any laptops of this specs?

Browse in Flipkart or Amazon? There's no option at that price point with given high requirements.

Wait for updated Y50 or check this :
Asus GL552JX-CN009H ROG Series GL552JX Core i7 - (8 GB DDR3/1 TB HDD/Windows 8.1/2 GB Graphics) Notebook Rs.72500 Price in India - Buy Asus GL552JX-CN009H ROG Series GL552JX Core i7 - (8 GB DDR3/1 TB HDD/Windows 8.1/2 GB Graphics) Notebook Black Onli

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Wait for updated Y50 or check this :
Asus GL552JX-CN009H ROG Series GL552JX Core i7 - (8 GB DDR3/1 TB HDD/Windows 8.1/2 GB Graphics) Notebook Rs.72500 Price in India - Buy Asus GL552JX-CN009H ROG Series GL552JX Core i7 - (8 GB DDR3/1 TB HDD/Windows 8.1/2 GB Graphics) Notebook Black Onli

DDR3 950M :facepalm:

Not worth over 60k (ebay had a listing from Garg Enterprises)

Asus ROG GL552JX DM087D Core I7 4720HQ 4GB 1TB 15 6" Full HD 4GB Graphics | eBay

I meant find an active listing. Who knows when it will be back....

Anyways OP, that's a good laptop. But Y50 updated one would be better with GTX960M. But still I would recommend ASUS one as Lenovo has poor quality & all my friends who have a lenovo laptop older than 2 years has some problem or the other, including my laptop. Just check online how is ASUS laptops after a year or two

OP
cyber_freak

cyber_freak

Broken In
Hi,
I found the ASUS ROG GL552 JX- CN009H perfect for my gaming need & my budget.I tried flipkart & others but all out of stock.I went to ASUS exclusive store nearby & ordered this product a month ago.After 30 days,He informs me that ASUS has discontinued this product so we'll offer you ASUS GL552JX-CN316T the new version for a discounted rate of 79,990 Rs.This is insane.He claims that the new one has better configurations but it seems very expensive.What should i do?Should i go for the CN316T or CN009H??.Please advise :).

Hi,
I found the ASUS ROG GL552 JX- CN009H perfect for my gaming need & my budget.I tried flipkart & others but all out of stock.I went to ASUS exclusive store nearby & ordered this product a month ago.After 30 days,He informs me that ASUS has discontinued this product so we'll offer you ASUS GL552JX-CN316T the new version for a discounted rate of 79,990 Rs.This is insane.He claims that the new one has better configurations but it seems very expensive.What should i do?Should i go for the CN316T or CN009H??.Please advise :).

Exact specs?

AmoghBarthwal

Right off the assembly line
Updated y50 is out since 26 August. I'm buying it for 80k in the next few days from Delhi.
Regarding screen, I'll change it after 1 year, getting it for 5240 from aliexpress

OP
cyber_freak

cyber_freak

Broken In
Wait for updated Y50, if you can

I found 2 models on the lenovo website when i was looking for the updated y50.Can you provide me the link for the latest/updated y50 model?
Also i see that they are both priced around 88k which kind of exceeds my budget :?.Does the latest model have a better screen compared to the old one?

I found 2 models on the lenovo website when i was looking for the updated y50.Can you provide me the link for the latest/updated y50 model?
Also i see that they are both priced around 88k which kind of exceeds my budget :?.Does the latest model have a better screen compared to the old one?

Sorry for late reply

Updated model is available in US with IPS LCD screen instead of TN display + GTX960M
Y50 Laptop Good For Gaming & Entertainment*| Lenovo US

Top Bottom