Planning to buy a gaming rig, budget 50 - 60k (only upgrading my CPU now)

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Why not get the 280x and skip a stick of RAM. 4GB is fine for now. Get the good GPU. Its a priority.

OP
J

john.varghese.5099

Broken In
So guys, I have finalised and ordered the stuff:

Core i5 4460
Gigabyte B85M-D3H
Zotac GTX 760 AMP
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600 Mhz
Seasonic S12II 520 W
Corsair Carbide Spec 01
DVD Drive: LG
WD Caviar Blue 1TB WD10EZEX
APC 1100 VA UPS

Waiting for the parts ordered online to arrive. And guys A HUGE THANKS :toast: for helping me out. Will update after assembling.

And Guys one more thing, My current LG DVD writer (GSA-H55N) refuses to read original DVDs or is too slow to read or it shows as a blank disc. Original Music CDs and burnt DVDs(except 1 I checked) are OK. I did the 'Upperfilter' deletion in the registry, but no change.
My parents and sister will be using this PC for few more months, before upgrading it. Please suggest any workarounds.

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
So guys, I have finalised and ordered the stuff:

Core i5 4460
Gigabyte B85M-D3H
Zotac GTX 760 AMP
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600 Mhz
Seasonic S12II 520 W
Corsair Carbide Spec 01
DVD Drive: LG
WD Caviar Blue 1TB WD10EZEX
APC 1100 VA UPS

Waiting for the parts ordered online to arrive. And guys A HUGE THANKS :toast: for helping me out. Will update after assembling.

And Guys one more thing, My current LG DVD writer (GSA-H55N) refuses to read original DVDs or is too slow to read or it shows as a blank disc. Original Music CDs and burnt DVDs(except 1 I checked) are OK. I did the 'Upperfilter' deletion in the registry, but no change.
My parents and sister will be using this PC for few more months, before upgrading it. Please suggest any workarounds.

Go for Asus 24B5ST DVDRW @ 1100 and your config is awesome just go with it and do post some pictures.

OP
J

john.varghese.5099

Broken In
Go for Asus 24B5ST DVDRW @ 1100 and your config is awesome just go with it and do post some pictures.

The Asus 24B5ST is available neither locally nor online. Will post after assembling,

- - - Updated - - -

you might need to clean the lens of the old dvd drive. see some youtube videos.

I think thats the only thing left to do. If it still doesn't work I might have to buy a new one and switch drives; how's ASUS 24D3ST, available at around 1200Rs online.

OP
J

john.varghese.5099

Broken In
So guys here are the pics. Sorry for the late post. I was sick for a few days so had to get it assembled through an assembler. Looks like I need to do some heavy cable management.

IMG_2374.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg

IMG_2377.jpg

IMG_2378.jpg

IMG_2379.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom