Planning to buy a 22" monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
You can't get diamonds for peanuts!!!!

Get Dell 2208WFP or 228WFP dude. You won't regret.

You can also check Viewsonic and AOC for black monitors. They won't perform or will not be as reliable as Dell or Samsung. Still, you may check those models.

BenQ has a 21.3" 16:9 FullHD model that is selling for some 14k. But you need a good graphics card to get the most out of it and a powerful graphics card to play games on it.

OP
sridatta

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
I found a dealer who can offer Benq T221 for 10.5 (including taxes)
It has got 1000:1 response time and 5ms response time.. But, still I donno if the monitor is good..

OP
sridatta

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
guys, I found two different models with very much similar model name..

Dell UltraSharp 2208WFP

and Dell SP2008WFP

Though, I couldn't find the first model listed in India site.

I know Dell's clarity is very good. I work on 2 * 24"(2408WFP) DELL monitors in office. I am used to such big screens.. I always feel like Dell monitors only suit for office use and lacks style..

acewin

Point Blanc
interestingly when I called up Dell, they said me E2208 is EOL now, and the saleperson said they are not selling it.

@sridatta

Go for Dell SP2208WFP. I got it nearly 4 months ago and the set just looks amazing. One of the best screens that I have seen. I wanted a black bezel, but checking on the specs this set offers, I had to compromise on the bezel colour. Believe me, you wont regret buying this silver bezel. The sides of the bezel and the base are black and the combination looks elegant. 2ms response makes a good difference when you are watching a movie. And if you consider the camera on it, 2MP webcam with stereo speakers is surely an added adv. And warranty of Dell is incomparable. >6 dead pixels in 3 years and the set will be replaced. With HDMI and DVI cinnectors this is the best set in the market at 16,100/- all inclusive and delivered at home (you may try to bargain a bit more if it permits).

Check any thread on SP2208WFP for more comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom