Plannin to buy N95

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

krazyfrog

And you can't have metal in a phone which is crammed with so many radio devices in it (calls, gprs, bluetooth, wi-fi, gps, fm). It'll obstruct its functionality.

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ now krazy that s not true... :p
there are many fones wit these features but they ahv a metal body...
the main thing is that they may hav wanted to make it lighter... and make it appeal to some ppl like me...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ yeah, metals haf greater permittivity than plastics..... plus the body is isolated. so it may actually aid the operation. but it makes them heavier.

K

K750

iPhone has better looks i think .
i hate nokia , i love apple and Sony .

Does n95 has Touchscreen B-)

N800 is Better . it is best phone i'd say

Last edited by a moderator:

Pathik

Google Bot
man n800 is just an internet tablet... while n95 is a full on multimedia device... it can do evything...
also n800 has a linux os which means availability of apps ll be a problem...
whereas n95 is os9.2fp1..

btw the link u gave is of an ad on the page u intended to give... :p

Last edited:
K

krazyfrog

Metal does not aid permittivity of radio frequencies. It obstructs it. Check out all the phones which have metal in their bodies (6300,8800, N91, E50, etc.) They do not have metal in their top of their back sides (since thats where the antenna is). My sister had a 3220 which supported cut-out covers at back, but nokia mentioned it in their user guide that the cut-out covers should not have metal particles in them, as they could obstruct the working of the antenna, reducing call quality, network reception and increasing battery consumption. In case of N95, the phone has 6 radio units positioned god knows where inside that compact body. So if metal was used anywhere, it might obstruct the working of one of the radio units. Tell me, have you guys ever seen a gps unit with metal on it?

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
At last,I got my N95 today for 34.8K,plenty of features,need some time to familiarise!

one thing is sure!

Gr8 cam,no doubt!

kumarmohit

Technomancer
iphone is not legally coming to Asia anytime soon leave alone India. So I do not think it should be procurable soon:)

New units will be Cingular locked AFAIK and if its lock can be cracked so fast, so much for MacOS being the most secure OS in the world. iPhone has a strpped down OSX na!!!!

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ dont say stripped down.. Say optimised 4 mobile fones.. Btw only the e90 can pose a threat to the best fone status of n95 in the near future.. iPhone is way behind it.. Only the ui and music of iPhone can better those of n95.. Maybe..

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
I dont think iPhone UI will go better than most of the phones in the market at present.
And unless Apple decides to release iPhone MacOSX API to the developers, it shall be a feature restricted phone.

E90 is really awsome man, it is gonna be even more expensive then N95. Two fully functional keypads and Screens!!!!
It is one hellofa phone.

Congrats on your N95.

Pathik

Google Bot
well i really like multitouch.. And u r rite.. The closed approach of apple may doom the iPhone.. Availability of 3rd party softs can make or break a fone..

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
IPHONE WILL HAVE THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.

Do I have to ascend Mount Everest and shout it from there to make you guys hear it?

kumarmohit said:
iphone is not legally coming to Asia anytime soon leave alone India.
Asia = India. The day it will come to Asia, it will be available at your nearest Apple Store.

kumarmohit said:
New units will be Cingular locked AFAIK and if its lock can be cracked so fast, so much for MacOS being the most secure OS in the world.
:lol: Do you have any idea what you are saying? How did you somehow drag the Mac OS into the issue? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom