Plannig to buy a new pc.

vbagro

Right off the assembly line
I am new to this place. But need help to guide me on deciding a New Desktop Confirguration. Planning to upgrade my desktop to Core i5. Dont have much of hardware knowledge and plan to try Nehru Place to get a new configuration assembled there.

Could you please guide on the trusted configuration for Core i5 processor, namely motherboard, ram - model, brand etc. etc.

Need to use PC for normal office use, and budget is under 25K.

Would appreciate to have your helping guidance.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Hi Vbagro, welcome to TDF. Please fill up the questions present in *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/128247-pc-build-questionnaire-template.html Tread and post it here. It will help us to suggest you optimum config as per your requirement and budget.

OP
V

vbagro

Re: Planing to buy a new pc.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Normal office work, email, net, coral draw, movies etc.

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: Rs. 20,000

4. Planning to overclock?
A: No idea

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Windows 7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 500 GB

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: 18.5" Sreen, LED Samsung, I already have one

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 3 or 4

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: Assembler

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: Right now

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Yes

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Delhi, yes

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: Would prefer Intel Core i5 processor with intel motherboard

Tenida

Gadget Freak
AMD Athlon II X4 640-5.4K
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P-2.8K
Corsair VS4GB1333D3 RAM-1.1K(flipkart)(4GB Ram)
WD blue 500GB-4K
LG DVD RW-0.9K
FSP Saga II 500-2.2K
Zebronics Bijli(w/o psu)-1.1K
Logitech MK100-0.5K
Microtek 600VA UPS-1.4K
Logitech Z103-0.8K
Total-20.2K
Optional Upgrade-
MSI HD6670 1GB DDR5 dual-fan version-5k

Last edited:
OP
V

vbagro

Thanks for replies from you guys.

Can anybody guide me on a configuration with Core I3 or I5 processor. Have been using an Intel processor all my life, so AMD processor would be tougher to digest.

I already have a 18.5" LED monitor, so want the CPU only with in 20K budget.

A slim cabinet, I3/ I5 processor, a good dependible motherboard, HDD, RAM, DVD writer, speaker, keyboard & mouse would be all what I need.

Kindly guide me, as I need to finalise my buying.

Replies from all you guy would be of immense help.

Cilus

laborare est orare
vbagro, why don't you guys put a little extra effort to fill the PC building Template properly and putting conditions one by one in each post?
Why you are mentioning now that what you have and left the question num 12 blank where you have been asked to put the components you don't wanna buy. Please update the PC building question template 1st by editing your previous post.
MEMBERS, please wait for the OP to update the Template befor providing further suggestion.

OP
V

vbagro

Suggest me an Intel Motherboard for I3-2100

Guys, suggest me an Ideal compatible INTEL motherboard for I3-2100 CPU, as I plan to buy one.

It should be best in compatibility, performance, built etc.. Budges is no constraint.

Would like to have Intel motherboard for my I3-2100 CPU. Otherwise already have Asus P8H61M-LE or Gigabyte GA-H61-D2-B3 as suggestions.

Help me in deciding.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Re: Suggest me an Intel Motherboard for I3-2100

There is no point to buy a super high end motherboard for i3 2100 processor. As it is a non K series processor, it can't be overclocked. So a H67 motherboard with decent build quality, good numbers of USB and SATA ports and USB 3.0 and SATA 6 Gbps ports, will be very good.

Get the Intel DH67CL-B3 motherboard around 5.6K. It is a full ATX board, has plenty of connectivity options and both SATA 3 6 Gbps and USB 3.0 ports.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll actually suggest AMD A6-3650 over i3-2100 anyday. Same CPU performance and 3x better graphics.

Quoting from what I recommended in the other thread:
Quite honestly, if I was you, I'd be getting the quad core AMD A6-3650 + A55 motherboard from Asus/Gigabyte instead of i3-2100 + H61. Price is going to be same for both platforms.

Reasons -
1) Processor performance is same for both.
2) AMD A6-3650's built-in GPU is more than 3 times faster than Intel i3-2100's built-in GPU. So, A6-3650 is going to run games much faster.
3) CPU power consumption wise - both are same. A6-3650 tends to consume a bit more power in graphic workloads, but that is understandable because its built-in GPU is faar stronger.

If you are adding a discrete graphic card, story is going to be same for both. Then the choice doesn't make any difference.

Benchmarks:

*www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1655/handbrake.jpg
*www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1655/x264.jpg

*www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1655/stalker.jpg
*www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1655/3dmark.jpg
(using built-in GPU)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@op

For a 20k budget for system, its best to go for amd llano ( what ico suggested). Can't be a better deal than that. The cpu and gpu are well covered in one single package.

But the only flaw is the FM1 socket. Amd will discontinue any future support for this socket and instead will support the upcoming FM2 which will be one common socket for its entire cpu range.

So if no plans to upgrade in future, then go for the A6 eyes closed.:)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Always buy the best what you can have. Only that lasts you longer. :)

Have ralistic and definite expectations. For office work, any of the two is equally lasting.

OP
V

vbagro

Always buy the best what you can have. Only that lasts you longer. :)

Have ralistic and definite expectations. For office work, any of the two is equally lasting.

Hi Ico, Your suggestion sound convicing. Would decide on AMD A6-3650 once I reach the shop on monday.

One more suggestion would definitely help me in deciding.

1. Cabinet - CM Elite 310 OR Zeb. Bijli.
2. SMPS - 450 Watts or 500 Watts. And what model & brand.

Remember, all has to fit in 20,000, even below that w/o monitor, but should include 500GB HDD, 4GB DDR3 RAM & 24x DVD.

Help me to decide upon and finalize

Hi Ico, Your suggestion sound convicing. Would decide on AMD A6-3650 once I reach the shop on monday.

One more suggestion would definitely help me in deciding.

1. Cabinet - CM Elite 310 OR Zeb. Bijli.
2. SMPS - 450 Watts or 500 Watts. And what model & brand.

Remember, all has to fit in 20,000, even below that w/o monitor, but should include 500GB HDD, 4GB DDR3 RAM & 24x DVD.

Help me to decide upon and finalize

Which Mobo you are suggesting.

Is it Asus F1A55 OR F1A55-M LX PLUS

Or in Gigabyte is it GA-A55-S3P

Guys, please help.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ motherboards are fine.

For power supply, Corsair CX430v2.

Do read this thread: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-sup...89-power-supply-blacklist-thread-newbies.html

OP
V

vbagro

^ motherboards are fine.

For power supply, Corsair CX430v2.

Do read this thread: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-sup...89-power-supply-blacklist-thread-newbies.html

Thanks for help.

What about the Cabinet you suggest ???

And do you mean all the three models of MoBo would work fine.

Looks like I am about to finalize the configuration.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gigabyte GA-A55-S2V @ 4.5k
Gigabyte GA-A55-S3P @ 5.8k~~ (if you find it)

But I'd advise against A55-S3P, as you are pretty much approaching A75 motherboards (Asus F1A75-M LE or GA-A75M-S2V - 6k) price in that case. Better spend a little more extra on an A75 motherboard for SATA3 6gbps or USB 3.0. It starts to makes sense. That's all. For an entry level, A55-S2V would suffice.

RAM should be 1600 Mhz. Don't go with 1333 Mhz. Gskill Ripjaws or Corsair Vengeance.

Cabinet, depends on your choice. :)

And do you mean all the three models of MoBo would work fine.
yea, but prefer Gigabyte as their support works better. Asus quality-wise is fine.

OP
V

vbagro

Re: Planing to buy a new pc.

Gigabyte GA-A55-S2V @ 4.5k
Gigabyte GA-A55-S3P @ 5.8k~~ (if you find it)

But I'd advise against A55-S3P, as you are pretty much approaching A75 motherboards (Asus F1A75-M LE or GA-A75M-S2V - 6k) price in that case. Better spend a little more extra on an A75 motherboard for SATA3 6gbps or USB 3.0. It starts to makes sense. That's all. For an entry level, A55-S2V would suffice.

RAM should be 1600 Mhz. Don't go with 1333 Mhz. Gskill Ripjaws or Corsair Vengeance.

Cabinet, depends on your choice. :)

yea, but prefer Gigabyte as their support works better. Asus quality-wise is fine.

Thanks for the advise Ico.

Can you advise the model no. of Asus A55 motherboard, incase I dont find Gigabyte GA-A55-S2V.

Also, please advise the model no. of Gskill AND Corsair 1600 Mz., 4GB, DDR3.

This will be immense help, as I plan to complete my shopping tommorrow. This will all due to you guidance.

Top Bottom