Plannig to buy a new pc.

OP
M

mahatma

Broken In
^^no man. not yet bought. m so confused. and also in our marwadi community, shraad is going on and according to my mom, we shudnt buy new things during this period of 15 days ending 27 sept. u may find it weird but that is how it is and i cant ignore her at all. so m still waiting which gives me time to think on the options and stuffs i'll be buying. so if u hav any suggestions, pls feel free to share....

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
@jassi.. Man i saw this case "CM HAF 932 AMD Limited Edition" on the cm website, it is just awesome. i m totally blown off... i think i will buy this.. just mind blowing...
and i m in full agreement wid ur config, just slight mobo confusion, ASUS P8Z68-V PRO has bluetooth technology, i saw it on its website. here is the link-
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P8Z68-V PRO

looks nice but cost is also 8-9k :mrgreen:

your city kolkata has bad asus service. why not get a separate bluetooth dongle?

and tell me by when will you SLI?

OP
M

mahatma

Broken In
ya that much i can extend for a good looking beast of a machine..Dont know wen i'll sli. may be in an year.. u tell wen shud b an ideal time to sli??

i think a separate bt dongle wont giv me the kind of service an inbuilt 1 will..

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
by that time next of next gen of graphic card will launch.
either get a 580 3gb or leave 3d and go for a R6950 Twin Frozr III PE/OC.

if you get nvidia card then look at these -
Cooler Master HAF X NVIDIA edition (NV-942)
CM 690 II Advanced NVIDIA Edition

vwad

In the zone
^^ What's the latest price of it? :unsure: Last time I heard it was something around 8.6K.

Rs. 6250 + Shipping Rs. 150 at theitwares.com

TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!AverMedia AVER TV CAPTURE HD (H727) TV Tuner Card - TheITWares

Here is the result of this card.

*i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc514/1jun2011/88878787878/70.jpg

Last edited:
OP
M

mahatma

Broken In
@jassi- i saw that case also, but i prefer the color red over green.

amd's bulldozer is better or intel's sandybridge?? wat config wud u suggest if i wanna build an amd's config? will it b good compared to intel?

btw wen is "ivybridge" launching?? should i wait for it?

if u want me to go for gtx 580 then i will change my config a lil.
wat do u think of this?

Intel Core i5 2500 - i wont oc
Intel DH67BL-B3 or anything compatible or more powerful and features loaded.
gtx 580 1 or 2 gb
corsair 4 gb*2
corsair 850
haf 912 or 922 or 932 amd edition
lg 22x

or if non 3d then

Intel Core i5 2500
Intel DH67BL-B3 or anything compatible or more powerful and features loaded
HD 6970 or GTX 560
corsair 750
rest same

how much r these gonna cost. this might be my last question. so pls b patient and answer.

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
@jassi- i saw that case also, but i prefer the color red over green.

amd's bulldozer is better or intel's sandybridge?? wat config wud u suggest if i wanna build an amd's config? will it b good compared to intel?

btw wen is "ivybridge" launching?? should i wait for it?

if u want me to go for gtx 580 then i will change my config a lil.
wat do u think of this?

Intel Core i5 2500 - i wont oc
Intel DH67BL-B3 or anything compatible or more powerful and features loaded.
gtx 580 1 or 2 gb
corsair 4 gb*2
corsair 850
haf 912 or 922 or 932 amd edition
lg 22x

or if non 3d then

Intel Core i5 2500
Intel DH67BL-B3 or anything compatible or more powerful and features loaded
HD 6970 or GTX 560
corsair 750
rest same

how much r these gonna cost. this might be my last question. so pls b patient and answer.

you can ask as many ques you want.

if you want to build amd wait a little till sept end or something. bulldozer is coming.

first is nice. and its 580 3GB not 2GB.
rig will cost around 65k.
and you forgot that you need a 3D monitor too. i think you wont upgrade monitor too when going 3d? not recommended.

and 6970 is miles ahead of 560 in terms of both cost and performance. :))
and for psu TX850 V2 and TX750 V2 price difference is around 600 or so. so better opt for corsair TX850 V2. the second will be 6-7k cheaper owing too 6970.

OP
M

mahatma

Broken In
thanx. i got ur point for the gpu but it seems ma budget will shoot up around 100k if i opt for a 3d rig for now. cos with 3d, i wil hav to get a 3d monitor and 3d vision kit and a costlier gfx. and not to forget i've to buy an aio cum photo printer which will b around 7-8k. so wudnt it b sensible to go for a non 3d rig for now and upgrade later wid an extra gfx and the kit and monitor, maybe 2 560 or 2 6970..?? i already hav an Acer-V193w lcd with dvi-d and vga output. and its more or less decent.
wud u suggest any other better mobo??

OP
M

mahatma

Broken In
HEY GUYS
READ SOME REVIEWS ON SO MANY OTHER FORUMS LIKE ANANDTECH AND BITTECH AND TOMSHARDWARE AND OVERCLOCK.NET.
FINALLY HAV CUM TO THE CONCLUSION THAT ITS NOT THAT HARD TO OC. SO I'LL B BUYING AN OC RIG. HERE IS WAT I'VE FINALISED ON:
(I HAV DONE MY HOMEWORK HERE)

Processor - Intel Core i5 2500k(BEST 1 TO OC, CAN GO UPTO 5GHZ ON AIR COOLING ACCORDING TO TOMSHARDWARE AND BITTECH)
Motherboard - Asus P8Z68-V(BLUETOOTH AND ITS MORE FUTUREPROOF)
Ram - 4 gb 1333mhz(WILL B ENOUGH I GUESS??)
Gfx - MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC(FACTORY OVERCLOCKED AND FUTURE OPTION OF SLI)
Gpu - Corsair TX850 V2 (I GUESS MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR FUTURE TO SLI)
Case - Cooler Master HAF 932 ADVANCED(GOOD LOOKING BEAST WITH SUPERB AIRFLOW)
Hdd - Seagate 1tb 7200 6gbps

NOW I WANT TO ADD A COOLER IN THIS RIG. I THINK CM'S HYPER 212 WIL B OK OR WILL U SUGGEST ANOTHER 1??
WAITING FOR "REPLIES" WHICH OFF LATE I AM NOT GETTING ANY. I THINK U GUYS HAV GOT BORED AND IRRITATED AND FRUSTRATED OF MY QUERIES...:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
C'MON. DONT DO THIS TO ME. WHERE R U CILUS, JASKANWAR, HEARTRIPPLE, D6BMG????

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
mahatma type without caps buddy.

HEY GUYS
READ SOME REVIEWS ON SO MANY OTHER FORUMS LIKE ANANDTECH AND BITTECH AND TOMSHARDWARE AND OVERCLOCK.NET.
FINALLY HAV CUM TO THE CONCLUSION THAT ITS NOT THAT HARD TO OC. SO I'LL B BUYING AN OC RIG. HERE IS WAT I'VE FINALISED ON:
(I HAV DONE MY HOMEWORK HERE)

3 cheers for mahatma. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Processor - Intel Core i5 2500k(BEST 1 TO OC, CAN GO UPTO 5GHZ ON AIR COOLING ACCORDING TO TOMSHARDWARE AND BITTECH)
Motherboard - Asus P8Z68-V(BLUETOOTH AND ITS MORE FUTUREPROOF)
Ram - 4 gb 1333mhz(WILL B ENOUGH I GUESS??)
Gfx - MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC(FACTORY OVERCLOCKED AND FUTURE OPTION OF SLI)
Gpu - Corsair TX850 V2 (I GUESS MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR FUTURE TO SLI)
Case - Cooler Master HAF 932 ADVANCED(GOOD LOOKING BEAST WITH SUPERB AIRFLOW)
Hdd - Seagate 1tb 7200 6gbps

1. asus service in your city is very bad. believe me. get MSI.
2. better off with MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC.
3. you right. HAF932 Advanced looks beast. and its High Air Flow series:wink:

get these -
Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2500k|10500
Motherboard |MSI Z68A-GD55(B3)|9800
RAM |Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL|1600
Graphic Card |MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC|16100
HDD |Seagate 1TB 7200.12|2700
PSU |Corsair TX850 V2|6700
Case |CM HAF 932 Advanced|10500(not sure, expected)
| Total |57900

NOW I WANT TO ADD A COOLER IN THIS RIG. I THINK CM'S HYPER 212 WIL B OK OR WILL U SUGGEST ANOTHER 1??
WAITING FOR "REPLIES" WHICH OFF LATE I AM NOT GETTING ANY. I THINK U GUYS HAV GOT BORED AND IRRITATED AND FRUSTRATED OF MY QUERIES...:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
C'MON. DONT DO THIS TO ME. WHERE R U CILUS, JASKANWAR, HEARTRIPPLE, D6BMG????

was busy yesterday yaar.

anyways yes a Hyper 212+ will do good for OC job. combine it with a CM Xtra Flo fan for 600 bucks.

OP
M

mahatma

Broken In
^^ Was typing in caps to make it more dramatic.

For that mobo- mere bhai, mera engineer ka headache hai, wo theek karayega yaar, tu tension mat le. kahen ka saal ka 50k amc leta hai wo??

I thought of taking 6950 but in future if i go for 3d den dun u think 560 will b handy? cos u only said nvidia cards are good for 3d, right..... and its also quiter than 6950, isnt it??

U think xtra flow fan wud b required in an HAF 932 adv.?? if yes den i'll go for it..

btw wats the diff btwn an adv and normal HAF 932.???

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
achcha thik hai mahatma.

look, you are going to SLI in a year. by then even new series of gpu will be out. so its obvious that you will not buy a previous gen card for sli. thats why imo leave 3d for now.
and no, there is no sound problem with 6950 TFIII. cooler is same. msi twin frozr II or III.

a fan will be a good addition. its led too.

you can see the difference -
HAF 932 - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply
HAF 932 Advanced - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply
black interiors, usb3 etc.

Top Bottom