Status
Not open for further replies.

pr@k@sh

Journeyman
My Dear Friends

Not every buddy have a capebal to Buy the Orignal Stuff..!!

and No buddy have A MONEY TREE so he / she can buy a that regulary stuff..!!

bhush_18

Broken In
If rules are strictly implemented to avoid use of pirate software than I can imagine people switching to Linux as that will be the option left out aleast for those home users as well as small scale commercial users like cyber cafe. Even though its not as user friendly as Windows but people would like to spend on hardware but its difficult to imagine of buying software for equivalent money.

walking-techie

Journeyman
well us indains.. will never be ready to shell out money. when they hav a cheap alternative.. its in our nature to sav the paise's.. so i thnk piracy has a very bright future in india

girish_b

Journeyman
eveyine is doing piracy..
Once Pirate said he bought GTA Vice City for Rs100/-
that's very true..
When i was in ganglore i went to national market with my freinds to check it..
amazingly i found a lot of game cd's there.. all selling for Rs75/- pr cd..
i bought maxpayne 2 and collin mc rae rally.

xenkatesh

Bewitched!
these days huge cost for all an example, win98 cost around 6000 bugs(not so sure) but a pirated cd cost 100 only! same as games also cost nearly 1000 for original but pirated at 100-250!. that why peoples choose pirated.
the only way 2 stop that piracy is 2 reduce the cost of the products!

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
But if software companies reduce costs, how will they manage to supply us with quality products ? And as long as they keep on churning out quality products, they will need to recover their costs, resulting in high prices.

godzi_85

In the zone
one of the ways to penetrate the legal market is by giving discounts on games.. like say i bought a game from Microsoft... i liked it played it for one year.. then MS releases another game..... i wanna buy the original.. then most probably what MS can do is Take the previous game from you..( you get to keep a backup copy and the serial key if possible).. and give the new game at a cheaper rate.... that way it might help solve the problem of piracy.. but the fact will remain.... piracy will always exist as long as legal softwares exist.... ihope so ;)

OP
T

technovice

Broken In
Piracy-a boon or a bane??

Ok guys dont curse at me for this one!!
I think there is atleast one advantage of piracy!
Microsoft and co keep complaining about how piracy keeps eating their share in the software market and yet most software companies are doing so well even with piracy around!!
So i guess you could say that piracy keeps the economic disparity amongst the rich and the poor in check! :wink: (or does it?)
Us poor people get to buy stuff that we probably would have otherwise found too expensive to invest in, given our slim wallets!!

rohanbee

Padawan
Let me just say this one thing on this topic
P****y is to software what fish is to water..........
:arrow: think about it...
you can't live with it or without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom