Status
Not open for further replies.

technovice

Broken In
Hey!
Im sure many of us will agree that at some time or the other weve been tempted to use pirated s/w given all its alluring advantages.
But how come cds cant be copy-protected?
Does the advent of dvds help in curbing this problem?

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
Many of us??
Maybe all of us.
And we arent tempted its in our nature.
And CDS can be copyprotected but the crackers are too smart.
With DVD s.
Yes
to some extent.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well mate thats what we consider in India as and when the price of a commodity is lesser we tend to buy that.So its clearly in our nature cause its the best bargain for us(even though ethically its wrong).Well Cd's are mostly copyprotected like for now the latest sony Audio cd copy protection technology which does not let a cd-rom drive detect its music tracks thereby renderin it useless on pc's...so no ripping if we think...but thats far from over as some crackers have developed a way of breaking that technology as well...well that i can't disclose for now(can't break the forum rules) all i can say is that crackers are way ahead of the copy protection of any companies....Dvd well i used to think it could be more copy protective but alas it too can be broken up....cause first i was told that i could not copy the content of a original DVD movie onto ur hard disk...but hey when i had used the disk i found out that easily by copy pasting the .vob files i had the movie on my hard disk....so whats the copy protection rule here....nothing :lol: well anyways the point is that piracy is inevitable...so dont bother to curb it but avaiod buying those pirated stuff thats all u can do for now (If u can That is lol).

godzi_85

In the zone
man dvd`s will soon become the norm for transfering say two three games in one disc... now that`s piracy at its best ;)...
but well i can`t live without .p*****.. cause had it not been for p***** then i don`t think i would have had a pc in the first place!..lolz..

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
lol @ imgame

Cracking has one theme!!!

If it runs it can be defeated!!!

The only way piracy can be defeated it by making people to buy softwares.
But if u force them to buy then people will look for alternatives and piracy can be stoped but that will take real long and by that time OSS will be all over :D

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
BTW check out this link
*www.journal.com.ph/news.asp?pid=6&sid=15&nid=5057&month=6&day=29&year=2004

Jeba

imgame

Broken In
do u think cooljeba ..that making ppl buy software will stop it ......do u know most of the games /software are ripped or cracked in US ...though the rules there are really though .....and the software/games are in ppl's reach(not costly as here in india ) ........thats the way world goes dear !

DVD's are the newest in the queue .......and already u can get any movie DVD for 80/- ........

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
i just wanted to point the brighter side .........
i wanted to tell something but can't say...... hope u got it!!

Jeba

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
who wants to buy the stuffs, when i can get them for rs50 ..on a sony cd?

*img62.exs.cx/img62/9472/signiture.gif

allajunaki

Journeyman
The Problem is Simple, Solution alas! isnt,
Most of us are too poor to spend so much...
As far as i know, Games Are Way TOO OVERPRICED!!
Consider this i play doom3 more like a technology drool.... (see what's the big deal about the game..) Now u tell me that i need to spend 1500-2500 for a Game, Thats bull sh*t. I get the game, if im not happy with it can i return the Game? No. (Interesting U can get speakers for that money.. cost of 2 such games=Altec Lansing ATP3!!)

So its simple... I can wait for 20Hrs to download full game or Payup 150 Bucks and get the game...
The truth is Indians are just not ready to pay 1500 for a game or 6000 for an OS or 13k for Office Suite...

Coz Ms OS +Ms Office + 3Games = 23,500!!! (thats how much most of the PC's Cost!!).
So the solution..? Reduce the price... Bring the price to a point , where it becomes difficult for Pirates to sell.
Look @ the mobile sector... The price dif between Billed and Non-Billed Grey Market is so thin that many ppl are opting for Billed Phones...
S/W industry should learn from that...

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
allajunaki is right..!!!But the prob is sw vendors still like to see people cracking their sw and using its pirated copy rather than justify its price and make people pay for that

krazydude

Journeyman
Piracy is gonna b there till the time one can afford to buy and use the s/w one is accustomed to using on his/her PC.

Its the MRP that promotes piracy.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
yes they should reduce their price atleast they get something instead of their s/f getting pirated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom