Pin mod 400mhz fsb centrino (essentially overclocking!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I couldnt find this topic posted anywhere so am posting the link to the guide here.

there is a pin on the pentium-m socket on the 915 mainboard of the laptop that needs to be grounded in order to increase the fsb to 533mhz essentially overclocking the cpu. this works on any 400mhz fsb pentium-m cpu wid i915 chipset. you cant mod in an 855 chipset socket coz it supports only 400mhz fsb. this mod essentially tells the mobo that the cpu utilizes 533mhz fsb tho the multiplier is locked. but the effective speed increases. i am not aware of such a mod for 400mhz fsb P4 configs.

anyway this mod is useless for me coz the cpu in my laptop is already 533mhz plus its a P4. but i am interested to see you hardware junkies do the mod! i am eagerly waiting for this mod to taste success.

here is the link.....
*www.notebookforums.com/showthread.php?t=80879

imagine getting 2.13ghz P-m out of a 1.8ghz one!!

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
great utilities!

some utilities that laptop users may find useful:
1) RMClock (you can control enhanced speed step settings) will also help in keepin cpu cool and drawing less power.

*cpu.rightmark.org/products/rmclock.shtml

(plus you can find a lot of utilities on this page)
2) Mobile meter (will show info abt cpu clock, cpu temp, hdd temp, battery charge status, battery wear and tear level and lotsa other stuff)

*www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-Oakland/8259/

(you can get the english version thru a link on the start of the page)
3) Crystal CPU ID
this software allows control over multipliers and voltages. so in case of desktop replacements (DTRs ) when on battery running apps that dun put 100% cpu load, this utility is particularly useful.

*www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/be_cpu.html

(this page has tens of utilities...you can download many more...for crystal cpu id, scroll down the page till u find it)

note: according to intel's datasheets all the dothan cored Pentium-Ms can handle 533mhz fsb :D Can't say anything abt the older banias core pentium-m.

ps: these utilites are adviced to be used under the supervision of hardware freaks. improper use can damage ur hardware!!! also i am not responsible for any kind of damage that may occur due to this moddin thingy!! you are at ur own risk!!! :wink:

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
One really good cpu control software Centrino Hardware Control can be downloaded at:
*samsung.schwippi.de/files/chc_1.9b02.zip

works with most of intel's cpus. but certain features are not available for non-pentium-m cpus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom