Pietersen best batsman, Tendulkar doesn't get a vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumya

In the zone
Sachin Tendulkar failed to get a single vote as Cricket Australia's contracted players chose Englishman Kevin Pietersen as the best batsman in the world outside their country.

Tendulkar may have been a thorn in Australia's flesh for 18 long years and possess virtually every other batting record but the current 25 CA-contracted players did not deem him worth of even a single vote.

Instead, they picked former England captain Pietersen as the current batsman they feared most, giving him 50 per cent votes in a survey conducted this year, according to The Age.

Sri Lanka captain Kumar Sangakkara, who has scored 503 runs from six matches at an average of 41.91 against the Australians, was the surprise second best batsman with 34 per cent votes.

In comparison, Tendulkar has scored 2748 runs from 29 matches at an average of 56.08 against the Australians.

Pietersen, on the other hand, has made 963 runs from 10 matches at 53.50 average against Australia, but the 29-year-old's attitude has attracted just as much admiration as his record.

South Africa captain Graeme Smith and teammate Jacques Kallis got seven per cent of votes apiece.

HT

RaghuKL

Swalpa Adjust Maadi
Bandar kya jaane adrak ka swad :)

Anyway here is my top 10 list of cricketers outside indian team
1. My neighbour's dog. never lets anything pass.:grin:
2. My grandmother .
3. My gulli team's captain. always wins 'coz bat is his.
4. myself.
5. Jayasuriya
6. sangakkara
7. gayle.
8. mccullum
9. boucher
10. jayawardene

See no aussie is in the list. :grin::twisted::grin:

Last edited:

Indyan

Here Since 2003
I think this is another racial attack on Indian......

I dont agree. Sachin has mellowed down a lot in last few years. He is no longer the vicious aggresor of the 90s.
The young blood aussies are naturally less scared of him. They haven't encountered the wrath of sachin as Warne did.
On the other hand Pietersen's assault in the Ashes is etched in many people's minds. They are definitely more worried about him as they know that Pietersen can snatch away the Ashes from them.

jxcess3891

Evil mind
Here's my honest opinion. I know this coz I've worked abroad with ppl from different nationalities. EVERYBODY HATES INDIANS, including us, Indians. PPl frm all nationalities like Filipinos, Arabs, Americans, British, Australians, Pakistanis, Sri Lankans, Chinese, French, Africans, etc. all dislike Indians. I don't really know why but they do. U may think that their hate may be just directed at me, maybe bcoz of my character & attitude but no that's not true. U can ask any Indian working abroad, he wud probably have felt some sort of discrimination no matter whichever country he has worked.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Here's my honest opinion. I know this coz I've worked abroad with ppl from different nationalities. EVERYBODY HATES INDIANS, including us, Indians. PPl frm all nationalities like Filipinos, Arabs, Americans, British, Australians, Pakistanis, Sri Lankans, Chinese, French, Africans, etc. all dislike Indians. I don't really know why but they do. U may think that their hate may be just directed at me, maybe bcoz of my character & attitude but no that's not true. U can ask any Indian working abroad, he wud probably have felt some sort of discrimination no matter whichever country he has worked.

U have a point !

But not almost right - its true that in INDIA we all hate each other inside our country ! because of languages & religions , then how other country respect us !!

BTW Pietersen is Good batsman , but cannot compare with TENDULKAR as the only player who played the game as game seriously he is only player who has no black mark in his career .

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
The decisions made by Australian players are their personal interests. Who are we do decide or comment about those decisions.

BTW, Aussies need not to certify the class and caliber of Sachin. Whole world knows about that. The reason why they haven't choose sachin could be, because he is not playing as he use to play in 90's. If they would have asked the same question in 90's they would have SH**ted in their pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom