Physx on Gigabyte B75m-d3h

satyanjoy

Sweet Poison
Anyone tried adding a physx card (low or medium nvidia gpu) with this motherboard. This mobo has two PCIx16 slot - one running at PCIx16 and other one is PCIx4. I have a gtx 660, it will be cool if I can add a cheap nvidia card to do the physx.

rock2702

Padawan
Anyone tried adding a physx card (low or medium nvidia gpu) with this motherboard. This mobo has two PCIx16 slot - one running at PCIx16 and other one is PCIx4. I have a gtx 660, it will be cool if I can add a cheap nvidia card to do the physx.

Yes you can do it.Something like a gts 450 will suffice.Even your 660 is enough to handle physx and graphics.

Cilus

laborare est orare
1st update your Processor instead of spending anything else. E5200n is way under powered to handle a GTX 660 and bottlenecking your card.

Upgrade the processor first. And regarding physx, 660 purposes physx, so why do do you want to bed a poor card? Generally, people do that when they have an ati card.

Upgrade the processor first. And regarding physx, 660 purposes physx, so why do do you want to bed a poor card? Generally, people do that when they have an ati card.

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ Actually nVidia owners also use dedicated PhysX cards because while playing demanding games at high setting, if both Graphics and PhysX processing are done by the same GPU, the performance reduces quite a bit.

^^ Actually nVidia owners also use dedicated PhysX cards because while playing demanding games at high setting, if both Graphics and PhysX processing are done by the same GPU, the performance reduces quite a bit.
Suppose I have a GTX 660 as the main card and gt210 for PhysX; does that not create bottleneck as gtx 660 will have to wait until gt210 finishes it's processing?

Cilus

laborare est orare
GT 210 can't be used as PhysX card, for it, it needs at least 32 Stream Processors and GT 210 has only 16 AFAIK.You need to balance between the performance difference. For most of the cases a GT 240, GT 430 or GT 630 will do the job fine for most of the PhysX games. Only couple of games need little more horse power when maximum quality PhysX is enabled.

Top Bottom