Phpbb3 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

axxo

99.9% Idle
Sorry if already posted...i could not find the news so only posting. This is from phpbb community forum.
"
Today(Dec 13 2007) we begin a new chapter in the history of phpBB. After five years, over 200,000 lines of new and altered code, and many a long night phpBB Group is very proud to announce the release of phpBB3 "Olympus".

phpBB has changed considerably since work on its second major release began. People have come and gone but this day would not have been reached without the hard work and dedication of all our group members, past and present. The phpBB community, all of you, also deserve a large pat on the back for continuing to support this project. Whether it be through writing mods, creating new themes, spreading the word or simply using phpBB to build new communities, our thanks to you too.

So again we say with great pride and many thanks to all those who've helped us reach this point - enjoy phpBB3."

Download: *downloads.sourceforge.net/phpbb/phpBB-3.0.0.zip?download

Too bad they didnt include one click installation of MOD feature.. :(

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Last heard that they were released rc5..is this final release?

Anyway nice.i like phpbb..used over my site a year ago...but its not easy to install mod's...or plugin just like wordpress..
But its ajax version is slow.hope its not so now...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
gr8 news :lol: and finally :p atleast they didnt become another google (every product is Beta) which is fully BETA since they are born :lol:

*mail.google.com/mail/help/images/logo.gif

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
there were 8 RC versions and if im not wrong 5 betas before this final release they really took a huge amt of time teasing users

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Choto Cheeta said:
gr8 news :lol: and finally :p atleast they didnt become another google (every product is Beta) which is fully BETA since they are born :lol:

*mail.google.com/mail/help/images/logo.gif

yeah right ... all google products are in beta
including orkut ... don't know what's up ! something strange !

din

Tribal Boy
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
Hope it lives up to the {near zero} expectations .

Lil confused, would you please explain it a bit more ?

iMav said:
there were 8 RC versions and if im not wrong 5 betas before this final release they really took a huge amt of time teasing users
As it is a community project, naturally ! I mean taking more time and more testing.

Last edited:

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
wow great thing. so wen can we see it on the digit forum???*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/5.gif

do u again need to REPEAT THE HISTORY*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/4.gif*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/4.gif for gettin digit on PHPBB3*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/29.gif

actually last time wen that THING HAPPEND on digit to get it to vBulletin board i wasnt on this forum. i came to now only tru my bro. n yeah i remeber all MODS use a person photo with big red cross on it. who was that guy i dont remember. but i think (captaincrime started that who is now eggman*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/32.gif*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/32.gif)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom