Photoshop:: Image Effects: iPod Ad Style!

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
The iPod-Style

Step 1: I started off with a picture of my idiot brother, Samir. Don’t think he even knows what an iPod is.

Step 2: Use any of your selection techniques to select the image. Does not have to be a perfect selection since its gonna be like a silhouette. I used the Magnetic Lasso (L)

ipod18xy.jpg

Step 3: After selection, Create a new layer (Ctrl+J) and fill it with black (Shift+F5). Let's call it Sil.

Step 4: Go back to your background layer and press (Shift+F5) and fill it with a colour you desire. Pink?

Step 5: Select the ‘Sil’ layer and go to Filter > Sharpen > Unsharp Mask. This will give it a good contrast.

ipod28fj.jpg

Step 6: You can stop there or, go to the apple website and get the picture of the iPod. Resize it after pasting it there (Ctrl+T to transform).

Step 7: Then, if you have the time and expertise you can use the pen tool to draw the wires for the headphones, but I used the basic brush tool.

If the brush tool results in jagged edges, simply go to Filter > Stylize > Diffuse with a setting of Anisotrophic.

ipod49tg.gif

After softening it up (apply diffuse four –five times) use the Unsharp mask filter on them. Note, that to use this the wires must be drawn on a separate layer.

Step 8: Run for ten minutes and check out the image!

ipod33ii.jpg

If there were any difficulties don't hesitate to ask. Thanks.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Nice tut there...

But I would recommend you to use the Pen tool to make the headphone wires.. they look zaggy right now...

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
if you have the time and expertise you can use the pen tool to draw the wires for the headphones

Well I did want to use the Pen Tool but many users are not familiar with its uses to I thought I'd make it more like "what is easily possible" kinda thing.

Actually even the selection isn't perfect. I'm sorry I slacked...

dreams

Gracias Senor
NikhilVerma said:
Nice tut there...

But I would recommend you to use the Pen tool to make the headphone wires.. they look zaggy right now...

i dont think its a prob.. goobimama has given a tutorial 4 us 2 try.. so watevr changes 2 b made shuld b tried by us to make this tut perfect.. anyway nice work m8.. keep it up..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom