Photo to VCD conversion, any warez u know, plz suggest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyiz

Journeyman
Dear friends,
i have lots of images which i plan to save in one cd and view it as VCD.
i am planning to include background music to it

So i tried Nero Vision ver 7, but i was not satisfied with the overall image clarity, images were distorted,
i wanna software in which clarity would be better
i have Roxio burner version 8, can this help???
ur commments!!!!!!!!!

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
Wrong section,should be in QnA
Post reported.

U can't increase the clarity by using any software,because the max. resolution for a VCD,and therefore ur pictures,is 352x288 which just ain't enough for clear pictures.

puja399

In the zone
There is another excellent freeware from microsoft, called 'Photostory', its free and far better than other paidwares. *www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/photostory/default.mspx

nil_3

In the zone
dIgItaL_BrAt is right. You can not get enough clarity by making VCD. However you can use ACDSee 8 by which you can make photoDVDs which give you better clarity. Also it will run on standalone players. However to get the best clarity you can make STANDALONE SLIDESHOW by ACDSee which you can play only in computers with DirectX 8 support.

OP
A

Andyiz

Journeyman

tnx, but can i also add background songs along with the slideshow without compromising on clarity????????

OP
A

Andyiz

Journeyman

@puja399
Photo story from microsoft really rocks, although i am confused with the "Quality Setting " column in it which says the file will work only for Machines with 1.7Ghz frequency and obove.
how true is dat?????

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
@puja399
Photo story from microsoft really rocks, although i am confused with the "Quality Setting " column in it which says the file will work only for Machines with 1.7Ghz frequency and obove.
how true is dat?????

ya this is really the thing. its the speed of the processor and convrsion uisng "Photo story" requires high processing speed & well this is the minimum requirement for the software just like some games ...THEY REQUIRE SPEED

nil_3

In the zone
Re: reply

Andyiz said:
tnx, but can i also add background songs along with the slideshow without compromising on clarity????????
Certainly you can. Besides there are some excellent transition effects. Not system-hungry; can be run on P3 machine with 128RAM.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Andy, better use a DVD player (Philips) to view the
Images. Burn the folder containing Images as Data
CD. Remember, the DVD player can show only JPEG
images!! I have done this using Nero 6 and viewed
it on my DVD player. The picture clarity is brilliant.
You have to see it to believe it.
:D :D

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
i agree with Jguru . Just burn it as data CD.
.. and i dont think u have prob in converting ur pictures to jpg if they're not in that format.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Photo Story makes the file .wmv(Windows Media Video) format.....and i think it can't play in VCD player ......in this case you need to use a converter which suport .wmv to .mpeg convertion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom