Photo Compression

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech_creeds

Right off the assembly line
hi frends......
dont forget to check out fotosizer its a good piece of software with batch convertion feature. its interface too is very good just try it ,its freeware

mmharshaa

Answers everything
If u have an ocean of patience you can do this one...

Open each photo in mspaint and save it as .jpg

This will reduce each file to about 500 kb

If there is any other way to change the format of all the files at once u can try that...

maindola

Broken In
Step1: Open Irfan View, Press S for "Save as" to save the file in desired format (Jpeg in case its a RAW format).

Step 2: Use Cntrl+R to resize the file to desired size.

This should reduce the size to a great extent.

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
GIMP isn't user friendly. Open IView, press 'B' and go to the extents of conversion, renaming.... and the lot.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tried opening the photos and saving them in the same format, the photo size reduces ( it came down to abt 600KB), but I could not see any perceptible change in the quality. What exactly is happening here? I saw all the parameters of the photo in its property file were unchanged.
Technically speaking, there has been loss of quality as it is a JPEG file.

I think you've used MsPaint and saved it again, Paint has compressed it more and there *has* been loss of quality, but you can't actually observe it as it is a photograph taken through a camera of physical sorroundings. It has got millions of pixels of different colours, it makes the loss very difficult to observe.

If you will, try saving a BITMAP file drawn by a child to JPEG file through Photoshop & GIMP, they'll give you options of various compressing levels ranging from 1-10 and you'll be able to observe the loss of quality & the quality difference in 2 JPEG files compressed at different levels. JPEG is lossy compression.

OP
H

hariharan

Journeyman
Technically speaking, there has been loss of quality as it is a JPEG file.

I think you've used MsPaint and saved it again, Paint has compressed it more and there *has* been loss of quality, but you can't actually observe it as it is a photograph taken through a camera of physical sorroundings. It has got millions of pixels of different colours, it makes the loss very difficult to observe.

If you will, try saving a BITMAP file drawn by a child to JPEG file through Photoshop & GIMP, they'll give you options of various compressing levels ranging from 1-10 and you'll be able to observe the loss of quality & the quality difference in 2 JPEG files compressed at different levels. JPEG is lossy compression.

Thanks a lot... also thanks to SAM9S for suggesting XAT Image Optimizer... It works great.. The right tool i Needed

torrent08

Broken In
Hi..
when i went to the official site of xat.com to download the XAT IMage optimizer..
in Google Chrome browser, it tells that that " xatio.exe " file will harm ur computer..!! and do u want to download it.??!! :confused:

wat to do ..Please help me out guys..!!! I have antiavira antivirus personal free edition antivirus in my system..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom