Phone with dealer warranty from Ebay

hari1

In the zone
I am currently in need of a smartphone. I am getting a xperia neo v from ebay for Rs. 11750 after applying coupon. The seller has very good feedback. I have never purchased any phone earlier from ebay. The seller is giving dealer warranty, not manufacturer warranty. Should I buy it?
Thr link to it is Sony Ericsson Xperia NEO V Mobile Phone Brand New With Warranty | eBay
Anyone please give your experience with buying phone with dealer warranty. I will keep this phone only for about 2-3 months and then change with a new phone.
Do any problems arise with phones with seller warranty ? I don't want any problems with the phone and it should work properly. The phone is imported. Will I be able to get ICS update on it in India?

Also the people who have buyed this phone or any other sony phone with dealer warranty can plz tell me what things they ship with phone ?? how is the packaging ??
if they provide any type of bill or any paper that show proof of purchase ??
if any one has den can u plz upload a scan copy here by hiding ur private information so that i can get ida how it looks like with also pictures of box , accessories and phone..

thx...

Last edited:

clmlbx

Technomancer
with Dealer warranty no.. but if you would sell it after 2-3 months then may be you can take chance but be clear you might not get the price as if it is 2-3 months old. you will get price of 1 year old means after warranty is over
--

OP
hari1

hari1

In the zone
with Dealer warranty no.. but if you would sell it after 2-3 months then may be you can take chance but be clear you might not get the price as if it is 2-3 months old. you will get price of 1 year old means after warranty is over
--

well without bill it can sold for atleast 10k ..
which is goood :p

clmlbx

Technomancer
good then, well anyway I hope you read everything clearly for instance

*i.imgur.com/cbLSg.png

after reading that you can easily say it has no warranty..

diagus

Journeyman
these are smuggled items bought from smugglers

these sellers are causing crores rupees of tax loss to the govt don't buy

OP
hari1

hari1

In the zone
BRAND NEW SONY ERICSSON XPERIA NEO V WHITE "ANDROID 4.0 ICS UPGRADABLE"3G MOBILE | eBay

i have choosed dis seller
he is powerseller n provide 1 year seller warranty proving both software and hardware warranty :D
da only thing i like
so it is advisable to buy ???

these are smuggled items bought from smugglers

these sellers are causing crores rupees of tax loss to the govt don't buy

can u provide any evidence or proof ??? :p

good then, well anyway I hope you read everything clearly for instance

*i.imgur.com/cbLSg.png

after reading that you can easily say it has no warranty..

see my new reply bro

clmlbx

Technomancer
ok so now new buyer but do remember no one can guarantee that dealer will honor his deal to provide warranty

clmlbx

Technomancer
AFAIK you will give your feedback immediately after you receive your product or after 2-3 days.. then if something happens after 2-3 months and seller does not honor his agreement then what you can do.. even nokia, samusng and companies are well known and reputed but we still ask for bill.. but at last it's your decision..

Renny

Padawan
Dealer's warranty means grey market goods, you will have to ship the product to the seller if there are any problems, when you're spending 10K+ wouldn't it be better to spend a little more for the ASS? Final decision is yours.

OP
hari1

hari1

In the zone
Dealer's warranty means grey market goods, you will have to ship the product to the seller if there are any problems, when you're spending 10K+ wouldn't it be better to spend a little more for the ASS? Final decision is yours.

bro i m getting it for about 12.7 wid both software n hardware warranty of 1 year

and new neo v is for about 16.8k

so difference is of about 4.1k
now i have already shared the link of seller
can u plz. check if it is ok or not ??

what type of bill they provide ??
and what is difference b\w local retailer bill and seller warranty bill ??
how care people distinguish b\w cem ???

AFAIK you will give your feedback immediately after you receive your product or after 2-3 days.. then if something happens after 2-3 months and seller does not honor his agreement then what you can do.. even nokia, samusng and companies are well known and reputed but we still ask for bill.. but at last it's your decision..

bro they give bill
i asked dem...

mk15

Broken In
eBay gives one month eBay guarantee. Please note the seller would be bound to honor his warranty only for one month, which starts from day of ordering. Add another 7 days by the time u get the phone, u get only 24 days eBay guarantee to file claim.

As per my experience, no seller honours warranty after eBay guarantee period. They either avoid u or will ask u to send the product to their office at ur cost and then claim user negligence and charge exorbitant amount for repairs.

OP
hari1

hari1

In the zone
eBay gives one month eBay guarantee. Please note the seller would be bound to honor his warranty only for one month, which starts from day of ordering. Add another 7 days by the time u get the phone, u get only 24 days eBay guarantee to file claim.

As per my experience, no seller honours warranty after eBay guarantee period. They either avoid u or will ask u to send the product to their office at ur cost and then claim user negligence and charge exorbitant amount for repairs.

well , i can dfix software issues myself coz i have knowlefge of rooting , flashing etc... just worried about hardware problems..

so as i have mentioned dat he is powerseller and only 1 negative feedback...
so should i buy ??

shashankm

I reign hell..
Go ahead buy it. Generally these items don't give out any major problems whatsoever. I used E72 (dealer warranty) without any hiccups for 3 long years and got it under a real deal 10K then back in 2009! Yeah in case it happens to screw you on front, then as per you, you know rooting, flashing and modding...well then what's stopping you? :)

OP
hari1

hari1

In the zone
Go ahead buy it. Generally these items don't give out any major problems whatsoever. I used E72 (dealer warranty) without any hiccups for 3 long years and got it under a real deal 10K then back in 2009! Yeah in case it happens to screw you on front, then as per you, you know rooting, flashing and modding...well then what's stopping you? :)

yeah haha,
but after seeing many ebay reviews with dealer warranty
i got worried
the seller sankyoelectronics got really bad reviews and he has about 16 negative feedback.. he shipped xperia mini oro to one buyer in bad condtion i.e. box not sealed as mentioned , handmarkd on fone and battery..

but it is powerseller and had only 1 negative feedback and all others gud..

soo.....dis seller gud na ???
shud i buy :p

actually buying dis for my uncle and he use fone noramlly not high use like we teens do.. :p
just use for phone calls , net and some basic apps , no games at all

shashankm

I reign hell..
Let me tell you one thing!
What makes a product genuine...invoice? Lose it, and even the S3 will turn into grey!
Most of the mobile service centers upload serviced cellphones' details for the day usually in the end or on next day early. they don't have the time of haggling with every customer for warranty claims in case international buy. Grab a phone, get a fake bill made for it mentioning rational price according to market within fair time limit, chances that your phone will get serviced in case of any mishappenings are 90%. Heck, even guys with genuine bills are denied warranty for silly reasons you can still buzz off! Average persons can't differentiate merely by looking at phone specs and tell whether its grey product or not. another of my W995 I kept getting it repaired fixed, for almost 1.5 years after the purchase from official SE service center, yeah one day a person noticed the glitch and since then I never went there. I carried a whole 10 months warranty on accessories, got replaced HPM 70 2 times! ;)
these international telecom companies already witness bluemoons here in terms of sales, and they do employ unscrupulous terms for tax avoiding, money laundering by filling in the fat pockets of the authorities. you deserve a better matter for apprehension, go ahead screw them nice!

OP
hari1

hari1

In the zone
Let me tell you one thing!
What makes a product genuine...invoice? Lose it, and even the S3 will turn into grey!
Most of the mobile service centers upload serviced cellphones' details for the day usually in the end or on next day early. they don't have the time of haggling with every customer for warranty claims in case international buy. Grab a phone, get a fake bill made for it mentioning rational price according to market within fair time limit, chances that your phone will get serviced in case of any mishappenings are 90%. Heck, even guys with genuine bills are denied warranty for silly reasons you can still buzz off! Average persons can't differentiate merely by looking at phone specs and tell whether its grey product or not. another of my W995 I kept getting it repaired fixed, for almost 1.5 years after the purchase from official SE service center, yeah one day a person noticed the glitch and since then I never went there. I carried a whole 10 months warranty on accessories, got replaced HPM 70 2 times! ;)
these international telecom companies already witness bluemoons here in terms of sales, and they do employ unscrupulous terms for tax avoiding, money laundering by filling in the fat pockets of the authorities. you deserve a better matter for apprehension, go ahead screw them nice!
haha...ok fine bro :-D

thx ....
i m buying now :-D

SijuS

Broken In
I brought a SE Xperia Arc S from ebay last week with one year dealers warranty.

The packaging was excellent, with all the accessories.

He did provide me with a bill, I dont know if its really valid or not lol. The fact is, I dont care about warranty these days. I have used many cellphones from different company's in the past 5 yrs or so and never faced any problems. The only problem I faced was with my BB's display. I dropped it and the display went for a toss. Its just 6 months old and still in warranty period but I cannot avail warranty as I dropped the phone down. So, it was kinda useless that I was having warranty. I have to shell out 6k rs to get it repaired.

So, in short, if you dont care much about warranty, then go ahead and buy it and save a few bucks. Most likely, you wont face any problem with the first one year, so you would be fine.

I cannot really comment on whether the seller will keep his deal with the warranty or not. But yes, if you have to avail warranty then you will definitely have to courier it to the seller at your own expenses.

Good Luck !

OP
hari1

hari1

In the zone
I brought a SE Xperia Arc S from ebay last week with one year dealers warranty.

The packaging was excellent, with all the accessories.

He did provide me with a bill, I dont know if its really valid or not lol. The fact is, I dont care about warranty these days. I have used many cellphones from different company's in the past 5 yrs or so and never faced any problems. The only problem I faced was with my BB's display. I dropped it and the display went for a toss. Its just 6 months old and still in warranty period but I cannot avail warranty as I dropped the phone down. So, it was kinda useless that I was having warranty. I have to shell out 6k rs to get it repaired.

So, in short, if you dont care much about warranty, then go ahead and buy it and save a few bucks. Most likely, you wont face any problem with the first one year, so you would be fine.

I cannot really comment on whether the seller will keep his deal with the warranty or not. But yes, if you have to avail warranty then you will definitely have to courier it to the seller at your own expenses.

Good Luck !

well from which buyer who have buyed ???

did u see da buyer i have mentioned by go to dis link ??

Last edited:

SijuS

Broken In
I brought it from here : BRAND NEW ORIGINAL SONY ERICSSON XPERIA ARC S LT18i WITH 8MP CAMERA + WARRANTY | eBay

And no, I dont know that seller in that link.

Top Bottom