Phone suggestion in 6k to 12k range

OP
K

kkk05

Broken In
Got the phone today.
Overall seems to be fine. Smooth, no problems in wifi setup, or getting 3g data signal.
Camera is Ok. Not great but functional.
Only 2 negative points sofar
1. vibe ui. When I started did not like it. Especially not having app drawer and having every app on home. After using it for 15 minutes I hate it now. I have to see if I can get used to it but most likely will install some other launcher which I dont like. I generally use my phones in stock mode but this time I may have to do some customization.

2. The capacitive buttons dont light up. I may get used to their locations and then it might not be an issue.

OP
K

kkk05

Broken In
Experienced Sleep of death twice today. The only additional app I installed is google now launcher. I will check if it repeats without the launcher.
If it repeats I am not sure how can I explain it to flipkart. Very difficult to explain and convince about random problems.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
that is what i read about in a seemingly good review of moto e 4g at flipkart.according to the reviewer he had lenovo 6000,redmi 2 & moto e 4g & moto e 4g wins hands down when it comes to stability.
Moto E (2nd Gen) 4G (Black, with 8 GB) Review by Dinesh senids | Flipkart.com
most likely i will go for moto e 4g as stability & after sales support are the deciding factors for me in a phone.

elafanto

Journeyman
that is what i read about in a seemingly good review of moto e 4g at flipkart.according to the reviewer he had lenovo 6000,redmi 2 & moto e 4g & moto e 4g wins hands down when it comes to stability.
Moto E (2nd Gen) 4G (Black, with 8 GB) Review by Dinesh senids | Flipkart.com
most likely i will go for moto e 4g as stability & after sales support are the deciding factors for me in a phone.

Used Lenovo A6000 plus, I am not happy with it, UI is not satisfactory, so Flashed Cyanogen 11, & Still not happy. Used Redmi 2, UI is very good, Sounnd is also good, But 1 GB ram Kills its Beauty, buy Moto E 4 G if you do not depend on iits Camera.

OP
K

kkk05

Broken In
Even without google launcher the phone is getting the "sleep of death" problem. I did a factory reset now. And I asked for replacement at flipkart. Hope the factory reset fixes it as I am not confident about flipkart accepting a problem that I cant reproduce (it happens randomly and about once a day). Does any A6000plus user facing the same issue?

I like the phone for every thing else. It is reasonably fast and smooth. Call quality is decent. The ring tone could be louder but not a deal breaker. Camera is decent. Battery life is good. Actually every thing is decent. Nothing is great but there is no frustrating feature also. If this problem is unique to my handset, I have no problem in recommending this.

OP
K

kkk05

Broken In
Flipkart agreed to replace the phone. At first the technician rejected the request. But just after one hour I got another phone freeze. As usual I had to long press power button for 15 seconds. I called them again to ask reconsider the rejection and the customer care guys accepted the replacement.

I hope it is really the particular handset's problem. If it is SW problem Internet would have been exploded by now with complaints. Or it might be my setups problem (Auto sync off, Security app disabled). Finger crossed for the replacement to work.

OP
K

kkk05

Broken In
Update. The second phone had the same problem. As the issue is random the flipkart guys refused to replace this phone again. So went to service center when the phone froze and got a job sheet saying the phone is faulty. I hope this is enough for flipkart now. Going to ask them for refund rather than replacement and if they give money back may buy honor 4c or moto g.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Update. The second phone had the same problem. As the issue is random the flipkart guys refused to replace this phone again. So went to service center when the phone froze and got a job sheet saying the phone is faulty. I hope this is enough for flipkart now. Going to ask them for refund rather than replacement and if they give money back may buy honor 4c or moto g.
Why not consider Yuphoria? :confused:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
@kkk05 - i recently got the A6000+ from flipkart (not for my use). the 'sleep of death', is it the phone becoming unresponsive or rebooting upon going into sleep-mode? didn't google it. had one instance of such a thing occurring early on, when i was installing some apps. but didn't recur thereafter. its been doing very well, and esp. the battery back-up is a strong point am seeing in this. the vibe UI looked cartoonish and not very pleasing, so installed aviate launcher and its being used so since. content with the phone.

OP
K

kkk05

Broken In
Why not consider Yuphoria? :confused:

I saw in some reviews that Cyanogen is not that stable.

- - - Updated - - -

@kkk05 - i recently got the A6000+ from flipkart (not for my use). the 'sleep of death', is it the phone becoming unresponsive or rebooting upon going into sleep-mode? didn't google it. had one instance of such a thing occurring early on, when i was installing some apps. but didn't recur thereafter. its been doing very well, and esp. the battery back-up is a strong point am seeing in this. the vibe UI looked cartoonish and not very pleasing, so installed aviate launcher and its being used so since. content with the phone.
Yes. It is same issue. It comes rarely if you don't use wifi. But with wifi always enabled, it occurs very frequently. I got it atleast once a day when wifi is used where as went without any issue for 5 days without wifi. When you have wifi connected and the device is sleeping, the power button becomes unresponsive some times.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Yes. It is same issue. It comes rarely if you don't use wifi. But with wifi always enabled, it occurs very frequently. I got it atleast once a day when wifi is used where as went without any issue for 5 days without wifi. When you have wifi connected and the device is sleeping, the power button becomes unresponsive some times.

alright. i read your posts in the lenovo forums. the wifi on my phone remains on most of the time. however, after the first occurrence, i kept the display on time-limit to 5 mins, but nevertheless, during the daily usage, it must've been going into sleep-mode, but haven't heard a complaint from my father yet. i will check it again tonight.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I saw in some reviews that Cyanogen is not that stable.

- - - Updated - - -

CM is deadly stable on Official CM phones such as One Plus One,Yureka,Yuphoria,Oppo etc
stable as in,dont expect it to be flawless ,it still will have tiny bugs here and there but wayyy better than Google Android for Nexus 5,that much I can confirm

akii17kr

Journeyman
CM is deadly stable on Official CM phones such as One Plus One,Yureka,Yuphoria,Oppo etc
stable as in,dont expect it to be flawless ,it still will have tiny bugs here and there but wayyy better than Google Android for Nexus 5,that much I can confirm

Check out the all the annoying bugs of yuphoria in the YU forum.
I myself got the Yuphoria for my friend in which Camera Focus doesn't work at all , so have to returned it.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Check out the all the annoying bugs of yuphoria in the YU forum.
I myself got the Yuphoria for my friend in which Camera Focus doesn't work at all , so have to returned it.

the Camera focus thing is a bug within Google android itself,see the Nexus 5 forums,its filled with topics about changing roms,kernels etc to a custom one to get rid of this infamous bug
its not a CM specific issue,granted they should have fixed it in CM but its origin is the original stock android kernel itself

OP
K

kkk05

Broken In
anyway yuphoria and yureka are not options as one is out of stock and the other's next sale is on 11th. I need a phone quickly as I dont have a backup phone. Thinking of ordering one today as the A6000plus is scheduled to be picked up tomorrow (Had to fight a lot as they want to send another replacement). As I am from Bangalore flipkart shippings reach me next day.
Is there any option for me from branded phones under 12K with good camera and 720p display. I think the answer is no as I could not find one for the last 2 hours.

akii17kr

Journeyman
the Camera focus thing is a bug within Google android itself,see the Nexus 5 forums,its filled with topics about changing roms,kernels etc to a custom one to get rid of this infamous bug
its not a CM specific issue,granted they should have fixed it in CM but its origin is the original stock android kernel itself

Well, I said It doesn't "FOCUS AT ALL" doesn't matter how much settings you try and use different camera apps , it just can't Focus and all near distant shots are blurry.

My 5.0 Moto G have no problem in focusing at all , my friend has yureka and even that has not problem like that.
So may be it's hardware fault of my Unit

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
a7000 is much better than moto e and yureka and yuphoria. i have lenovo a7000. 1-1.3gb ram free(i rooted + used greenify)

Top Bottom