Phone suggestion in 6k to 12k range

kkk05

Broken In
I am using xperia s for the last 3 years and it suddenly started giving problems. I can attend calls only in speaker phone mode. Got the same problem repaired 3 months back so dont want spend any more on it. So I need a phone urgently. May be will order one today with 1 day delivery option. As I was not tracking market, I dont have much idea on what is available.

I need a phone with reliable GPS, Data connectivity and decent primary camera.

1. Budget? (6k - 12k) (After using xperia s decided flag ship models are over rated at least for my requirements)
2. Display type and size? big screen but 5" is the max
3. Dual sim? Not important
4. Preferred choice of brand? None
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Decent primary camera. Front is not that important
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). Android. Lumia is the only other option for camera
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). 3G is good enough though 4G will be bonus
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? camera and GPS for tracking cycling routes, maps

I will start doing some research now but since it is an unexpected requirement please bear with me for this request with out doing any research myself.

d3b

ALIEN_NiBuRu_11111000010
if <Rs 10k, you can go for Zenfone 5 16GB, I own that myself. Yes, you have to charge it daily. But, other than that, its good. No lag, no heating issues, camera very good (even the secondary one too). But GPS is not very good ( but as the network reception of this phone is good, A-GPS works fine) for bikers (I go to here and there too). But, ZF 5 has settings for LTE, don't know very much about that. "Yureka" heats up pretty well as I have this info from friends.
Huawei Honor 4x seems very nice, but more reviews needed basically.

Now a days, I'm really confused in buying decision for another in around 15k.

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Get Lumia or Yuphoria with eyes closed, very safe buys and which one , depends on your needs
am basing my opinion of Yuphoria on the Yureka btw,just to be clear

Last edited:
if <Rs 10k, you can go for Zenfone 5 16GB, I own that myself. Yes, you have to charge it daily. But, other than that, its good. No lag, no heating issues, camera very good (even the secondary one too). But GPS is not very good ( but as the network reception of this phone is good, A-GPS works fine) for bikers (I go to here and there too). But, ZF 5 has settings for LTE, don't know very much about that. "Yuphoria" heats up pretty well as I have this info from friends.
Huawei Honor 4x seems very nice, but more reviews needed basically.

Now a days, I'm really confused in buying decision for another in around 15k.

There isn't even a proper review for Yuphoria yet & it is yet to go for sale

4X has 5.5" display........OP mentioned that he needs 5" max

OP
K

kkk05

Broken In
I short listed redmi2 and moto e 2nd gen at lower end of my range and zenfone, moto g 2nd gen at higher end of my range. Leaning to redmi as of now. Will look at yuforia if I dont buy by the release.

Yesterday I wiped my old xperia s clean and reset to factory settings. It seemed to solve the speaker issue so there might still be some juice left in it. If the problem doesnt return may not buy any phone :)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I short listed redmi2 and moto e 2nd gen at lower end of my range and zenfone, moto g 2nd gen at higher end of my range. Leaning to redmi as of now. Will look at yuforia if I dont buy by the release.

Yesterday I wiped my old xperia s clean and reset to factory settings. It seemed to solve the speaker issue so there might still be some juice left in it. If the problem doesnt return may not buy any phone :)

yeah
If you need to shortlist between the 2 , get Moto G 2nd gen
xiaomi ASS sucks

d3b

ALIEN_NiBuRu_11111000010
Sorry i misspelled yureka with yuphoria. I apologise for the misinformation. :(
There isn't even a proper review for Yuphoria yet & it is yet to go for sale

4X has 5.5" display........OP mentioned that he needs 5" max

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i think for those looking for a hassle free after sales support & overall experience moto e 4g is a better choice.it does have a mediocre front camera & avg main camera but it seems to provide a good stable overall experience in long term(more than 5-6 months of usage).yurka/yuphoria/xiomi/lenovo are a hit or miss when bought & more over a few months of usage(software issue,hardware issue).if these works fine after 5-6 months then there is no better vfm phone but if not then get ready for a long term pain.

harrykg

Right off the assembly line
Huawei honor 4c..trust me..just check the specs..tailor made for your needs..easily available on flipkart..13 mp rear cam, 5mp front cam, 2gb ram, 8 gb memory, expandable , 2550 mah battery, all for 8999/-

OP
K

kkk05

Broken In
How is the after sales support of huawei or lenovo? Very confused as the big names like samsung, htc doesnt have compelling options in my range and do not trust the support structure of players like xiomi and micromax which leaves just motorola. But G2 is already old and lagging in specs from the others. And even motorola is actually lenovo now.

I registered for lenovo A6000plus sale on flipkart. The sale is tomorrow.

Minion

Conversation Architect

I think you have audio routing issue plz install sound about from google play store.

Hope this solves your issue.

OP
K

kkk05

Broken In
I think you have audio routing issue plz install sound about from google play store.

Hope this solves your issue.
The problem returned even after reset to factory settings. I installed soundabout today as you suggested and disabled wired headset detection. But it did not solve the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Bought Lenovo A6000plus. Already dispatched by Flipkart. As it is intra city shipment, may receive tomorrow.

Now to see if the problem in xperia s can be fixed and be brought to working condition.

Top Bottom