Phone in less than 5-6k, with capacitive touch if possible.

1. Budget?
5000 (MAX:6000)

2. Display type and size?
what is this??

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Touch(bar?)

4. Preferred choice of brand?
None...

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Touchscreen/touch n type

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
No choice... :)

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
Nothing, but I would like WiFi.

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
N/A, as long as I could install more apps!

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Texting + Calling + Internet

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
N/A

12. Any other info that you want to share
I know that in my budget, not all the things I want will be present, but I want a phone with the nearest possible requirements. I don't want to extend my budget by even a rupee. I would like a CAPACITIVE touchscreen, and this is my most important need. The next to this is Android's need.
I wont be using the phone for more than a year, if that info is also needed! :D

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I have heard Monte had a capacitive screen... should be available for around 6k now that it is outdated...

Also, Wave 525 has a capacitive screen as far as I know... and it costs around 6.5k... but recently it was on some website for as low as 5.5k after coupon code...

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
6k? I strongly recommend extend your budget to 6.9k, it would be well truly worth it.

*www.letsbuy.com/samsung-galaxy-3-i5801-p-10739

Use this coupon: RCOMLB1

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i understand OP's needs but for 6k you'll find Android mobile but with cheap interiors that will make using it highly unpleasant. you may feel really excited at using it for the first few days but as soon as you use one of the 8-12k Android you'll feel why we always advice again using the cheap Androids.

so i'll suggest you this: Samsung Wave 2. though it comes with BADA, it is at least usable than those 2.8" resistive screen packed rebranded-Chinese Androids flooding the indian market.

only Android mobile within your budget is Spice Mi-270. & its only +ve point is it comes with Android 2.2 & hence will be more smooth as well as allow apps/games to be installed in memory card.

PS: Andro is flop.

6k? I strongly recommend extend your budget to 6.9k, it would be well truly worth it.

*www.letsbuy.com/samsung-galaxy-3-i5801-p-10739

Use this coupon: RCOMLB1

6.9k for a G3 is a steal. it packs H/W that matches 9-10k costing LG Optimus One.

now only if OP is willing to spend that extra 900 bucks.

I cant extend my budget... but I can wait for about 6-7 months, and ask my mother on passing 10th to get an expensive phone... :D

But I guess I can have Optimus One or Spice Mi-310 then, so which is better(I know O1 is, but how is it better when features are almost same?)

Until that time, if I can have a phone for about 4-5k, I guess cookie fresh is nice, what do you think?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
6-7 month? i guess then we'll have a whole lot of different budget smartphone with specs found in 18-20k mobile now.

for 5k, if you want touchscreen, get Nokia 5230/5233. old but still more usable than the cookies & corbies.

guru_urug

iGoogle
Ya infact right now dont waste your cash. Complete your 10th,concentrate on it. You dont need a high end phone anyway right now. Get a basic phone within 5k like Sam suggested. Do well in your 10th, impress you parents and then rightfully ask for a full featured phone with your report card in hand :grin: I doubt they will deny you. Then 2 yrs in junior college you can enjoy ur cool phone

Top Bottom