Phone frozen on Start Screen

ssb1551

Technomancer
Hi All,

I rooted my Mototrola Atrix 2 yesterday and installed Font Installer app. When I changed the font of the Phone from the app the phone had to be rebooted. But the screen got stuck at Motorola Power On Screen. I've tried doing a factory reset of the Phone, but no go. Anyone in the forum knows how to make the phone start? Is this what is called as bricking a phone? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Yes, You have bricked your phone But it can be unbricked easily with fastboot.
FASTBOOT-UNBRICK YOUR DEVICE WITH 'NO DISPLAY' - DroidBeans Forums

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^Thanks buddy. Thats quite an extensive link. But I googled and found another page from xda site. Anyways, I have unbricked my Atrix 2 as of now and rooted too.

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
I got the RSD Lite v 6.0 and a stock ROM for Asia Retail. If you want I can give you the link to the Stock ROM. Couldn't find the Stock ROM for India and hence downloaded the Retail Asia version. There are some differences though.

Install RSD Lite. Connect the phone to PC using the USB Cable. Go to the 'fastboot' option and then just open up the Stock ROM file that you have downloaded. Just let RSD Lite do its job. It'll take 10-15 mins. But the Phone will be unbricked.

Top Bottom