Phone from US within INR20k other than Nexus 4

I have a friend coming from US next week. I had ordered Nexus 4 on November 29 but have not received delivery yet and do not hope of receiving it too before next week. now i am thinking of asking him to get something else in place of Nexus 4.

Can any body suggest a good phone / steal-deal / locked phones which i can get unlocked locally... keeping in mind a strict budget of INR 20k that I can ask him to get?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
You ordered Nexus 4 to ship to your friend in USA right? Did you check the status page? Most orders get shipped in 3 weeks max AFAIK.

OP
abhishek66

abhishek66

C.A.
correction : 5 weeks :D

yup... when i ordered on november 29th it gave a shipment time of 4-5 weeks.. but did not receive any update for the shipment so had to cancel the other yesterday. I was reading on net, there are people who had ordered on Nov 27 and were given a shipment time of 1-2 weeks but had not received any update yet and there are people who had ordered on Dec. 5 and received their device on Dec. 7. So basically google has been shipping orders on a random basis rather than on FIFO basis :(

perplexed

Journeyman
yup... when i ordered on november 29th it gave a shipment time of 4-5 weeks.. but did not receive any update for the shipment so had to cancel the other yesterday. I was reading on net, there are people who had ordered on Nov 27 and were given a shipment time of 1-2 weeks but had not received any update yet and there are people who had ordered on Dec. 5 and received their device on Dec. 7. So basically google has been shipping orders on a random basis rather than on FIFO basis :(

must be a few exceptions.. from what I heard from my friend working is MS in US, it will take atleast 5 weeks.. maybe more.. there was no hope of 720/820/920 series either in India soon.. got Xperia SL instead !!

reddevil469

Right off the assembly line
must be a few exceptions.. from what I heard from my friend working is MS in US, it will take atleast 5 weeks.. maybe more.. there was no hope of 720/820/920 series either in India soon.. got Xperia SL instead !!

Are there custom roms available for sony xperia SL?

Top Bottom