phone from US @ 20k, suggest

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Hey guys

am planning to get a phone from the US in october or november. Needed some suggestions, my requirements are

1. Android phone
2. Expandable memory
3. removable battery ( so that I can carry a spare, or would it be cheaper to go for those external battery chargers?)
4. Screen size of around 4 inches

My budget is Rs. 20k

Please suggest

satinder

DELHIITE
Try to have Samsung 'Note' Mobile.
May be Sim Locked. If Vodafone, You can run in India happily.
My friend got it from Hongkong, around this budget with sim locked to Vodafone.

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
The samsung note is just too big to put in a pocket. And will be going for an unlocked version, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I had shortlisted the
HTC One X - Amazon shows this at around 24k, but without warranty
HTC Sensation XE
Motorola RAZR XT910

what do you suggest?

perplexed

Journeyman
Could you please post a link to a review and a price list. Tried googling but there seem to be many devices by this name. Also 2 problems, does this have expandable storage and will I get some kind of after sales support for this in India?

Samsung Galaxy Nexus.... there is another Google Nexus manufactured by Asus (?) I am talking of the former one.. IMO its not yet available in INDIA

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
the Samsung Galaxy Nexus my friend.an unlocked version.nothing beats it for the price and features.

HTC One X - Amazon shows this at around 24k, but without warranty - avoid the risk.
HTC Sensation XE - easily beaten by the nexus.
Motorola RAZR XT910 - same as above.

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
the Samsung Galaxy Nexus my friend.an unlocked version.nothing beats it for the price and features.

HTC One X - Amazon shows this at around 24k, but without warranty - avoid the risk.

OK seems like I really should go for the nexus. BTW why is everyone so in favor of it, apart from the jellybean update, hardware wise I couldn't find anything to inspire this much loyalty. Also a limit of 16gb on the storage front and you can't carry extra batteries since its non removable.

Am already reading all the nexus reviews I can find, please help

Neo

OK seems like I really should go for the nexus. BTW why is everyone so in favor of it, apart from the jellybean update, hardware wise I couldn't find anything to inspire this much loyalty. Also a limit of 16gb on the storage front and you can't carry extra batteries since its non removable.

Am already reading all the nexus reviews I can find, please help

Just what more do you want in the hardware?

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

Warranty or no warranty no difference as it's not an international warranty

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
bro Leave all cells just get the galaxy nexus(not nexus s or nexus 7)
its a good cell in the price range,Pure beautiful Android,first updates(mostly) but no expansion

*www.amazon.com/Samsung-I9250-Galaxy-Nexus-Unlocked/dp/B005ZEF01A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348498571&sr=8-1&keywords=galaxy+nexus

If you dont want galaxy nexus, you can take a look into htc one x and other few cells that are lying around 400-450$,,
IMO htc one x Is also a steal at 450(rougly 25000)

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
bro Leave all cells just get the galaxy nexus(not nexus s or nexus 7)
its a good cell in the price range,Pure beautiful Android,first updates(mostly) but no expansion

*www.amazon.com/Samsung-I9250-Galax...8&qid=1348498571&sr=8-1&keywords=galaxy+nexus

If you dont want galaxy nexus, you can take a look into htc one x and other few cells that are lying around 400-450$,,
IMO htc one x Is also a steal at 450(rougly 25000)

thanks for the link ... now I can see why people are so crazy about this. Best part "with a special cable you can connect USB devices to this phone" that solves my micro sd card problem.

Neo

Well um not trying to confuse you .. but you have another choice in WP section . Lumia 920 if you can wait till Jan.
Galaxy Nexus is awesome , of cource. ;)

Top Bottom