phone from US @ 20k, suggest

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
And when are you planing to buy the cell? cause by December the new nexus 'might' come out :) and you can assure yourself for the next 2-3 android updates

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
And when are you planing to buy the cell? cause by December the new nexus 'might' come out :) and you can assure yourself for the next 2-3 android updates

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer

As soon as possible actually. I guess the new nexus will be out of my price range , so not much sense waiting for it. BTW how is the warrenty for this in India?

kunalht

In the zone
go for galaxy s2

i am also thinking to buy phone from us.
but google nexus is not availeble in india so will that phone work in india perfectly???
& plz suggest site for pricing in us...

kunalht

In the zone
will google play works in india??
& i am also planning about nexus 7??
in google play it shows that it is not available in india.
SO if I buy nexus 7 will i able to download from google play??
& thx for reply...

techbulb

eUREKA...
Nexus 7 is available in india through importers and since its manufactured by asus it has warranty in india and also there is a chance google will officially launch it in india with google play functionality in mid december and even without google play its still a damn good tablet
By google play i mean movies,songs,books etc u can still download apps from google play and full hd games and things u are able to download from a android tablet in india normally

Arnab boss

In the zone
hi..planning to get i iphone 5 frm us...is it wise to get frm there...and if then frm which site to buy frm...my brother stays there but told me tht $199 price is only the ba
sic model and locked version...unlocked version will cost $500 and more...i was plnning for the 32gb one....any advises guys...

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
hi..planning to get i iphone 5 frm us...is it wise to get frm there...and if then frm which site to buy frm...my brother stays there but told me tht $199 price is only the ba
sic model and locked version...unlocked version will cost $500 and more...i was plnning for the 32gb one....any advises guys...

Had the same dilemma, but I guess that for a similar price you can get much more if you go for an android.

Sangram

Broken In
unlocked iphone 5 would cost around 699$ +
BTW i heard iphone 5 has arrived in gray markets of india ...in jUST 1,30,000 Rs only.... :p

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
The HTC one X is also available at around 25k, the only catch is no warranty. Does the nexus have an international warranty? and if I buy the one x, can I buy an additional warranty here?

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Ok so after a lot of homework I think that the galaxy s2 is the best way to go. Amazon quotes the price at around 23k. Any suggestions on this before I finalize it ?

Sangram

Broken In
'apple' is the only product i would buy without warranty...

s2 is good...i am gonna buy one for myself too.. another phones i recommend

1. sony xperia p -awesome phone but no expandable memory..but 16 GB is enough for me.

2. htc desire x - costs around 18,800 with the bill and warranty
its a new phone
1ghz dual core
768mb ram
out of the box ics
4 inch screen
better than htc neo v any day...

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Ok so now massively confused between the S2, S3 and nexus.

Nexus - everything I want but no warranty.... if something breaks I'm dead
S2 : pretty good in all respects, but a year old hardware and no idea till when samsung will support this with updates .... oh and it overheats
s3: damn expensive .....

Suggestions needed ...

Sangram

Broken In
Ok so now massively confused between the S2, S3 and nexus.

Nexus - everything I want but no warranty.... if something breaks I'm dead
S2 : pretty good in all respects, but a year old hardware and no idea till when samsung will support this with updates .... oh and it overheats
s3: damn expensive .....

Suggestions needed ...

S2 is my choice...

one year old hardware??? i am not gonna agree with it...

s2 has set a benchmark in terms of camera, hardware...it is superb...

S2 has Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9 & S3 has Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9
they have same GPU that is mali 400

i don't think there is any reason why you shouldn't buy s2..

S2 is the way to go..

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
^^ Nope the thing is quad core phone doesn't come under 22k :p
Well honestly speaking there is no need of quad core processor in Android as android ecosystem is not true multitask os

daksh

Journeyman
End of discussion. The Nexus 4: Google's flagship phone lands November 13th for $299 | The Verge
350 dollars. 16gb. Unlocked. Quad core Kraits and Adreno 320. Jelly Bean 4.2.

Top Bottom