Phone for Music only

Status
Not open for further replies.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Hi all,

1. Budget? = Rs. 4K MAX
2. Display type and size? = No preference.
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? = Bar.
4. Preferred choice of brand? = Any b/w Nokia, Samsung, LG
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). = Numpad
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. = Not needed.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). = I guess at 4K, Symbian will have to do :p
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.= No preference..
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? = Not needed.
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? = Music. Music. MUSIC. Through IEMs ;)
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? = None... gimme the best you can.. :)
12. Any other info that you want to share = I will be using it for listening to MUSIC primarily through headphones. I have another Dual sim phone, so making calls is secondary..
Or, if you think that i should instead go for a dedicated PMP[same budget], please say so, and give suggestions. Also, an equiliser would be wonderful, since its for Music listening purpose only.

Last edited:

n3rd

In the zone
If you want the best audio quality, go with a used Galaxy S (assuming you're referring to audio quality via headphones) - it has arguably the best output among all phones when it comes to sound output with VooDoo sound. If PMP, hands down Sansa Clip is excellent VFM - should get it <4K still.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
Music players between 3-5k

Cowon iAudio E2 4GB
iPod Shuffle 4th gen 2GB
Sony NWZ-B173F 8GB
Creative Zen Style M 300 4GB
Phillips GoGear ViBE 8GB

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Music players between 3-5k

Cowon iAudio E2 4GB
iPod Shuffle 4th gen 2GB
Sony NWZ-B173F 8GB
Creative Zen Style M 300 4GB
Phillips GoGear ViBE 8GB

go for pmp, pref a cowon for the battery life

thanks a lot!!

i looked up the Sansa Clip+ and the specs are certainly impressive... the expandable memory slot is a winning feature.
any idea on the audio quality??

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
sansa clip+ is as good as it gets
cowon d2+ was on for rs. 3500 about 8 months ago at croma, mebbe its still available at that price, its good despite being an older device

n3rd

In the zone
thanks a lot!!

i looked up the Sansa Clip+ and the specs are certainly impressive... the expandable memory slot is a winning feature.
any idea on the audio quality??
Can vouch of Sansa Clip+ being excellent if you can get within your budget. Audio quality is really good.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
i see this: New 4GB Sansa Sandisk Clip + Plus mini Mp3 Player FM Radio Voice Recorder B-NWY | eBay

it is entirely inside my range...

but are there rumors of it getting discontinued??

and the equiliser... is it present and customisable??

Pnv Kannan

Broken In
i see this: New 4GB Sansa Sandisk Clip + Plus mini Mp3 Player FM Radio Voice Recorder B-NWY | eBay

it is entirely inside my range...

but are there rumors of it getting discontinued??

and the equiliser... is it present and customisable??

This an old model!

I own a Sansa Clip Zip 4GB with 16 GB external card!

its the best VFM! - easy to use and neat!

*www.sandisk.in/products/music-video-players/clip-zip/ :)

n3rd

In the zone
^thanks

that looks good!

how much did you buy it? and from where??

Buy SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB (Black) with cheapest price at Grabmore.in - Online Shopping of Electronics in India.

Seems cheap enough IMO - I assume grabmore is trustworthy?

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
thats a damn good price..

but i have no idea about grabmore and their reliability. though there is the option for CoD...

im rooting for the Clip+ for its excellent DAC and amplifier. this review blew me away: *nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/02/sansa-clip-measured.html

i'll be going for the clip zip coz it retains that same design internally..

Wikipedia says:
Sansa Clip Zip
On August 24, 2011, SanDisk announced the Sansa Clip Zip, an update to the Clip+. Two versions are available, a 4 GB model for US$50 and an 8 GB model for US$70. The 4 GB model comes in seven colors (red, blue, black, orange, white, grey and purple), while the 8 GB model is only available in black or grey.
The Clip Zip includes all the features of the Clip+ and is based on the same processor as the Clip+ and Fuze v2 but includes a larger 1.1-inch full-color OLED display (with support for album art), redesigned controls, a Micro-USB connector, a new user interface similar to that of the Fuze+, a stopwatch, RDS radio capability and support for DRM-free AAC audio files (such as those purchased from the iTunes Store). The Clip Zip is the first model in the Sansa Clip line to include support for AAC files. The new Clip Zip will be sold alongside the Clip+. Internally the Clip Zip is identical to the Clip+, and so retains its high quality DAC and amplifier.

can somebody please cite a link for the bolded part....

n3rd

In the zone
I've dabbled into the whole audiophile arena, so you can take my word for SansaClip - ZIP or otherwise, both are the same when it comes to sound quality and excellent. It's just the display that's different - ZIP obviously has a better display. Also zip has microusb port, so go for it IMO.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
gooooooood :)

im taking your word for it.

now for some bargaining with dear mother :D

btw, i also found this on newegg: *www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=55-125-168&IsVirtualParent=1

its even cheaper.. ~Rs. 2300. free shipping.

can somebody confirm if they ship to india??

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
just got it.

*imageshack.us/scaled/large/515/mg0217e.jpg

*imageshack.us/scaled/large/801/mg0211a.jpg

thanks a lot guys!!! :D

from Buy SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB (Black) with cheapest price at Grabmore.in - Online Shopping of Electronics in India. @ Rs. 3349

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom