Not open for further replies.

enjoy

Journeyman
Guys I am planning to buy a new phone. The once on my list are

HTC P3300
Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
LG KP500

(Hope these are available in Bangalore)
Is there any known problems with these or would you recommend any other phone.

Thanks

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Guys I am planning to buy a new phone. The once on my list are

HTC P3300
Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
LG KP500

(Hope these are available in Bangalore)
Is there any known problems with these or would you recommend any other phone.

Thanks
5800xm>LG Cookie (KP500) >>>> P3300
The Cookie has a few problems (poor speaker etc.) and the 5800XM has to deal with some counter-intuitive elements in the UI but overall, both of 'em are very good. Check my posts in other threads for reviews.

OP
E

enjoy

Journeyman
Thanks everyone.

Price of Nokia 5800 is 21.8 in Bangalore (Requires booking at Nokia showroom).

I am little confused between HTC P3300 and Nokia 5800

@gforce23 - I read your other posts, but could you still clarify what UI problem you saw.

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Thanks everyone.

Price of Nokia 5800 is 21.8 in Bangalore (Requires booking at Nokia showroom).

I am little confused between HTC P3300 and Nokia 5800

@gforce23 - I read your other posts, but could you still clarify what UI problem you saw.

I was about to jump into bed, so I'll keep this short. Examples of places where Nokia messed up on consistency in the UI: some apps require a double tap, while others will run with just one tap. In the browser, you can drag the page around, much like on a P1i or iPhone but in the rest of the system (the menus, for example), it works conversely. The scroll bars are too thin to be truly usable with just a finger. I have long and slightly thickish fingers and find it occasionally difficult to scroll down quickly. The contacts bar looks sexy but is pretty much useless since it displays the last 4 interactions only. The lack of Nokia Conversations from the E-series is quite astounding tbh.
There are a couple of bugs in the initial firmware, primarily related to the screen backlit and notification light. Larger, high res (bit rate) MP4 files still only play audio for some reason, probably due to the lack of a dedicated video chip like on the n96.
That said, it probably is the best phone I've used this year and that's saying a lot. Nokia has really delivered a killer punch with the 5800. My iPod has been collecting dust ever since I got this.

P.S.: Trying to decide between the P3300 and 5800? Come'on man, you're either grossly underestimating the latter or artificially boosting the capabilities of the 3300. :)

OP
E

enjoy

Journeyman
Confused because... My basic requirement is of Wi-fi and good quality sound...

Anyways I have booked 5800 today.. will receive it in a week ...
Thanks everyone.

azzu

AJJU
Confused because... My basic requirement is of Wi-fi and good quality sound...

Anyways I have booked 5800 today.. will receive it in a week ...
Thanks everyone.
Congrats Buddy
Hope U write a Detialed Review Of it

OP
E

enjoy

Journeyman
Wish I could write a positive review. There are still a couple of problems with the phone.

A lot have been briefly described at
*discussions.europe.nokia.com/discu...hread.id=117772&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

The ones I am having is that the voice of the caller automatically goes very very dim sometimes. I guess ppl should wait untill some firmware upgrades are released by Nokia.

Secondly, the Scratch Guard I purchased from Nokia store for Nokia 5800XM has little problem, it covers the proximity sensor, because of which for any incoming call (when phone is locked), the screen remains black and I can't see who is calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom