Phishing on Indian Shores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
Nope, if you though I was talking about fishing on the shores of India, you're wrong, this is the Internet world and here you do phishing. With phishing out of control in major developed parts of the world and with majority of them attaining some knowledge about what they are, the phishers are scammers are scouting abroad in developing nations including India.

This is an email that I got today:

*img5.imageshack.us/img5/2701/unionu.png

What would you do if you were a customer of Union Bank and got this email? Ofcourse, if you didn't know what this was about, you would obviously click on the link and put in your details and before you know, your bank account will be empty.

I want to warn anybody here who does not know what Phishing is to avoid any kind of mails like this as banks do not send email to you asking you to enter your username and password and they do not send mails to you addressing you as 'Dear Customer' Please do not fall for such scams, it's just like the lottery email and SMS scams, not any different.:neutral:

I do understand that this is not the first phishing email with Indian bank name in India, but the rising no. of them are worrying me.:???:
Hope this is useful to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom