Phenom II X4 + HD 6850 and a high pitched sound issue

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fantastic stuff, I must say! But is there a slightly cheaper alternative, or maybe I'll just put the cooler in first. Also is it easy to instal it?

cheaper alternative of Cooler/Cabinet/PSU ? .. don't get cheap on the cooler .. get Hypert 212 EVo @ 2.2k .. comes with TiM and easy to install. For cabby NZXT Source 210 Elite 2.6-2.8k and for PSU Corsir CX430v2 @ 2.6k or Cx500v2 @ 3.4k.

OP
M

maxtor

Journeyman
Hyper Evo 212 is not available. Instead I bought Deep Cool Frostwin which cost me Rs 2500 at Nehru Place.

Pic attached. Deep Cool Frostwin.jpg

Though slightly different than Evo when it comes to installing it I was able to get an idea from a YT video and get it up and running in a couple of hours.

The only thing that I couldn't fit back is the Sata 2 thingie with 7 pins sockets when I tried to plug it into the 7-pin on the motherboard it just wouldn't go in.

Sata 2.jpg

So I left it like that - anyone know how to put it back please suggest how.

I don't know whether it had an impact but the power light in front of the chassis does not come on now - I nearly thought the PC is not turning on after I plugged it in and was relieved only when I switched on the monitor and everything was running fine.

Now it is running in a super silent mode! I will try some games in a day or two and observe how it goes.

the iceblade pro is 200 rupees more and performs a lot better man

do it patiently it has to fit softly don't force it in.......if it doesn't and all works great then forget about it

I've not seen any noise issue with Athlon II cpu cooler fans but Phenom II cpu cooler fans makes lots of noise even if it's running at 5k+ RPM ... audible even if you use a headphone but normally cpu fans rotates at a much lesser speed so at idle condition Op should not at-least face such noise issue unless the cpu cooler fan is not clean, the grease inside dried out or the cpu is overheating.

a friend bought the fx6100 i guess he uses the stock fans and man its so noisy you almost feel its gonna explode or somthing

OP
M

maxtor

Journeyman
the iceblade pro is 200 rupees more and performs a lot better man

Ice Pro looks nice especially with LED but Frostwin has dual fans....I prefer performance and dual fans over nice looks. Besides I went to the Deep Cool distributor and he had much higher models after Frostwin. So it also depends on what is available in the market, considering the fact that Evo 212 such a popular model is not available.

do it patiently it has to fit softly don't force it in.......if it doesn't and all works great then forget about it

I did exercise patience for over 30 minutes and tried many times. But I do wish I could fit it back in so that work is complete or else always feel that something is incomplete, maybe something may not be functioning, like the main powerlight in front of the box is not functioning now.

a friend bought the fx6100 i guess he uses the stock fans and man its so noisy you almost feel its gonna explode or something

True with AMD as I experienced - it was becoming impossible to sit next to the computer because of the high pitched airplane like sound. But an after market cooler like in this case is the answer. Now the computer is super silent - even the tell-tale sound of the fan starting when the computer is switched on is gone :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
can you post a pic with that connector not fitting nicely part without that stat/sata type wire ... I want to have a look at the mobo and which type of connector it needs.

OP
M

maxtor

Journeyman
can you post a pic with that connector not fitting nicely part without that stat/sata type wire ... I want to have a look at the mobo and which type of connector it needs.

It's in my post #22 line no. 5, though it is difficult to take a better picture basically that connector has 7 holes and should fit into 7 pins on the motherboard. When I disassembled it I had drawn out each connection so I am sure it is this place where the connector plug has to go. But the pins are so thin and feeble that the connector is just not going in - I am sure there is a way to do it. On the other hand the main power button at the front of the chassis is not working so I switch on the PC with the help of the smaller reset button , not the most ideal way to do it. I don't want to try to fit it in too many times (have tried many times already) because the pins will become crooked and may even break.

Is the connector not being in place related to power button not working? I presumed so because that was the only missing piece after assembling the system back after fitting the new cooler. Because if it is something else which makes the power button work then I can apply that resolution. Please help.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Hyper Evo 212 is not available. Instead I bought Deep Cool Frostwin which cost me Rs 2500 at Nehru Place.

Pic attached.View attachment 9743

Though slightly different than Evo when it comes to installing it I was able to get an idea from a YT video and get it up and running in a couple of hours.

The only thing that I couldn't fit back is the Sata 2 thingie with 7 pins sockets when I tried to plug it into the 7-pin on the motherboard it just wouldn't go in.

View attachment 9744

So I left it like that - anyone know how to put it back please suggest how.

I don't know whether it had an impact but the power light in front of the chassis does not come on now - I nearly thought the PC is not turning on after I plugged it in and was relieved only when I switched on the monitor and everything was running fine.

Now it is running in a super silent mode! I will try some games in a day or two and observe how it goes.

congo for the purchase!! looks great! :)

btw, you need cable management.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's in my post #22 line no. 5, though it is difficult to take a better picture basically that connector has 7 holes and should fit into 7 pins on the motherboard. When I disassembled it I had drawn out each connection so I am sure it is this place where the connector plug has to go. But the pins are so thin and feeble that the connector is just not going in - I am sure there is a way to do it. On the other hand the main power button at the front of the chassis is not working so I switch on the PC with the help of the smaller reset button , not the most ideal way to do it. I don't want to try to fit it in too many times (have tried many times already) because the pins will become crooked and may even break.

Is the connector not being in place related to power button not working? I presumed so because that was the only missing piece after assembling the system back after fitting the new cooler. Because if it is something else which makes the power button work then I can apply that resolution. Please help.

I've looked at the pics of post no 22 beofre but still the whole thing is not very clear to me hence asked for a some differetnt pics, anyway is it possible for you to post the motherboard model name/no. ?

OP
M

maxtor

Journeyman
I've looked at the pics of post no 22 beofre but still the whole thing is not very clear to me hence asked for a some differetnt pics, anyway is it possible for you to post the motherboard model name/no. ?

Sorry about that. The mobo is GA-880GM-UD2H. If a pic is still needed I'll open the box and take one again.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
just one question .. according to the pic you posted why the Sata port on the mobo is not straight ? and there's only 3 Sata port on the mobo instead of 5 ?

Top Bottom