Performance difference b/w paid and free AV..

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolbuddy92

Broken In
Hi everyone..
I wanted to know the difference in performance provided by paid and free antiviruses..
I've heard that the only difference is that the free one's don't give real time protection (so basically you won't know if certain virus attacks the pc and can only be removed by scanning the drives :cry:), but they are as efficient as the paid ones in removing threats..
If this isn't true, then pls clarify...
Also suggest a nice free AV..
thanks..

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
i had been using Avast on my media/Entertainment/Work PC without problems , but i use Kaspersky Internet Security in my laptop since past 2 years as there is lot more sensitive information than regular movies and games and i cant afford to loose the data or be hacked (malwareed trojaned etc )

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
You'll get many features in paid AV's. Also better support and service. Both free and paid av's have real time scanning, there is nothing like so. Do you need a paid av or free av just depends upon your need and what you want.

As for free AV I recommend AVG with Comodo Firewall.
And for paid I recommend KIS.

But I think the gateway to security is to maintain security from self side. No AV's can protect you if you are surfing malware sites, downloading malware contents etc etc using a good AV.

Remember one thing always there is no AV which gives 100% protection guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom