Pentium 4 Extreme edition or dual core

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsunami

Broken In
Hi friends can anyone tell me the price of a Pentium 4 3.x ghz Extreme edition with hyperthreading, and the value of its L2 and L3 cache.
If I have the option Between (Pentium 4 extreme edition with HT) and (Pentium D processor).Which one should i opt, Keeping GAMING as the primary need.please Help.

premsharma

In the zone
Ch@0s said:
Neither.... get core 2 duo.

It si very easy to recomend C2D to every one. Everybody like you can not go on buying spree, budgeting limitations & many other factors.

Instead cotribute to the comparison of P4 & PD and clear the doubts of many other wanting to know this.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Wouldn't AMD be better in that range then? Tsunami if you can mention what budget you can have then people can suggest you what to go for.

Pathik

Google Bot
man pls pls evy1 jus mention the max budget... so that u can get appropriate answers...

Ch@0s

In the zone
premsharma said:
It si very easy to recomend C2D to every one. Everybody like you can not go on buying spree, budgeting limitations & many other factors.

Instead cotribute to the comparison of P4 & PD and clear the doubts of many other wanting to know this.

He's talking about a Pentium Extreme edition... that exactly aint cheap is it? He wants a CPU for gaming and he's not mentioned his budget. How on earth can you infer that he's budget constrained? I'm just pointing him to the right direction.

Gaurav

In the zone
my vote goes to pentium 4 extreme edition, better than pentium D as compared to price and performance.

premsharma

In the zone
Ch@0s said:
He's talking about a Pentium Extreme edition... that exactly aint cheap is it? He wants a CPU for gaming and he's not mentioned his budget. How on earth can you infer that he's budget constrained? I'm just pointing him to the right direction.

That is fine but still no one on the comparison of P4 EE & PD. Even I am looking for these answers. I don't find any diffrence in performance in P4 EE & PD. Then was PD a gimmick by Intel matchup with AMD

OP
T

Tsunami

Broken In
Hi all, Premsharma is correct , i have my budget limited to 4.5 or max 5K..so no question of c2d ,though i know very well that it is the bst.and sadly no genuine reply to my quey...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well for ~5k even i'd suggest something in the range of 3800+. if u can't get c2d, get this one. simple, if its not c2d its amd athlon. price to perf ratio is just tooooo high for p4 range! not worth it!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i'm not specifically pointing at 3800+. "something in that range" my aim was to tell the poster to get the max proc from the amd stables widin his budget rather than go for pentium range.

Ch@0s

In the zone
A friend just purchased an X2 3600+ brisbane core CPU today for 5200 bux. Thats the 65nm AMD64, 1.9GHz, 512x2KB cache. Thats easily the best deal around.

rajasekharan

Youngling
for 5k

get a p4 2.8

dont think of AMD . u cant get any that beats P4 at 5k range (board +proc).

so invest the entire 5k on a p4 proc....:)

joey_182

Jack Sparrow
yes get the PD....As ur primary need is gaming so plz dont go for AMD....
for gaming intel last longs....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom